Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure the threshold for cedar is, at a minimum, locking in your order and making the deposit non-refundable. Amazon US sells these pencils for $42 per dozen for non branded ones so they want to make sure they can recoup their cost of needed . :p
Yeah, definitely makes sense. One of the reasons i'm waiting on the Lucid is value for money (my perception) compared to other offerings in the UK. With that in mind, i don't mind them not being frivolous with freebies if it keeps the cost down. UK market is still relatively expensive in comparison to the US so definitely don't want added cost. Mind you, i might be paying for that hearing aid soon!

$42 per dozen? Really? I had not looked up the price of Blackwing pencils. My daughter says they are good pencils, but really? Oh, well, inflation I guess.
I think you can buy direct from Blackwing for $25 for 12 but still pricey in comparison to most. It's a status symbol in the writing world although my wife insists it's all about the quality when she fleeces me for a restock!

Is there any other UK buyers in the forum? I couldn't find a specific one, thought i'd join up as getting information out of the Europe hub is testing at times.

Unless the UK work on a different method, i placed my order for the GT over 18 months ago and not a sniff of cedar goodness so it is potentially related to a milestone in production. My better half is constantly on about when she's getting her hands on the pencils (she's a writer therefore a big fan), haven't got the heart to tell her that she'll be waiting for a while yet - i think UK deliveries aren't starting until 2023!! Double pain with the earache and lack of an electric car :rolleyes:
First half of this year Per this Electrek article.

First half of this year Per this Electrek article.

I'd heard it would be Europe first and UK after that mainly because of the side of the road we drive on (hence the steering wheel needs placed on the right hand side). I saw a similar article and got excited but then was reminded the UK is no longer in Europe :oops: Same happened for Tesla (i think). Europe HQ didn't really specify a timeline, 2023 was just an estimation is some 'news' articles.

I'd heard it would be Europe first and UK after that mainly because of the side of the road we drive on (hence the steering wheel needs placed on the right hand side). I saw a similar article and got excited but then was reminded the UK is no longer in Europe :oops: Same happened for Tesla (i think). Europe HQ didn't really specify a timeline, 2023 was just an estimation is some 'news' articles.
That‘s right. The wrong side of the road (just kidding) would create a manufacturing snafu. it is not like they have enough other problems producing them . And I guess since you have ‘banished‘ yourselves from Europe, I have to remember that in any articles mentioning the continent.

Is there any other UK buyers in the forum? I couldn't find a specific one, thought i'd join up as getting information out of the Europe hub is testing at times.
I believe Spinstorm (the English guy who recently did the video) has an AGT ordered and lives in London.

Latest Color Distribution for GT:
Red = 16
Grey = 11
Silver = 3
Black = 3
White = 3

Total 36 = $5.058 Million in value

Still surprised at how few opted for silver or white for that matter. Those are always 2 of the most popular colors.

Still surprised at how few opted for silver or white for that matter. Those are always 2 of the most popular colors.

I didn't like any of the interior colors that would have worked with Black. Tahoe looked too orange and I don't like gray so no Mojave.

I’m in the U.K. I’ve got a Grand Touring reservation which I placed in October 2020.

Looks like @ZimZim is the first of the November 16th batch to get a VIN and report it.

Has anyone else other than @Adnillien received a VIN# for a GT ?
Better be careful, when I asked that question they got very upset. don't ask me why. Vin#s are assigned sequentially and it would be very helpful to see what #s are being assigned to better understand how many GT's have been built. Some people think it's a sin to ask.. I'm sure they are not delivered sequentially since they are going all over the country,

Better be careful, when I asked that question they got very upset. don't ask me why. Vin#s are assigned sequentially and it would be very helpful to see what #s are being assigned to better understand how many GT's have been built. Some people think it's a sin to ask.. I'm sure they are not delivered sequentially since they are going all over the country,

Good god, man. VINs are not necessarily sequential. They can reserve a batch of numbers. The end.

Can we please end the VINspiracy? There is no rhyme or reason to the VINs as it relates to production or delivery. We have already played this game.

No one is upset, it’s just *extremely* annoying and useless.

Asking if someone has a VIN is fine; it’s a step in the production/delivery process.

Asking what the VIN is so that you can get your string and pushpins out and solve the ordering problem on your “whodunnit” board is a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back