Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good god, man. VINs are not necessarily sequential. They can reserve a batch of numbers. The end.

Can we please end the VINspiracy? There is no rhyme or reason to the VINs as it relates to production or delivery. We have already played this game.

No one is upset, it’s just *extremely* annoying and useless.

Asking if someone has a VIN is fine; it’s a step in the production/delivery process.

Asking what the VIN is so that you can get your string and pushpins out and solve the ordering problem on your “whodunnit” board is a waste of time.
Well I don't know who made you an expert on how vin#s are assigned but I have been a car dealer for 15 years and I do know how they are assigned, and buy the way the time waisted is mine.

Better be careful, when I asked that question they got very upset. don't ask me why. Vin#s are assigned sequentially and it would be very helpful to see what #s are being assigned to better understand how many GT's have been built. Some people think it's a sin to ask.. I'm sure they are not delivered sequentially since they are going all over the country,
People got upset with the snide remark you made after I respectfully declined to provide a VIN.

Well I don't know who made you an expert on how vin#s are assigned but I have been a car dealer for 15 years and I do know how they are assigned, and buy the way the time waisted is mine.

Please feel free to make a separate thread to discuss this if you would like to continue your discussion. Further VIN related posts on this thread will be removed so we can stay on-topic.

Please feel free to make a separate thread to discuss this if you would like to continue your discussion. Further VIN related posts on this thread will be removed so we can stay on-topic.
No problem, I guess I am on the wrong site since I thought that I and several others were interested in this topic

I'll add you to the November 3rd batch, however, I believe the first two confirmation batches are being produced together.
I just received a call from my DA and he said I was in the "secondish" batch (his words). I take that to mean I'm in the second batch but they're mostly being produced together. He said the confirmation date was a strong determinant of production date but not the only one. He went on to conjecture that paint color may be another determinant. So all seems to be in line with the thinking on this forum.

I just received a call from my DA and he said I was in the "secondish" batch (his words). I take that to mean I'm in the second batch but they're mostly being produced together. He said the confirmation date was a strong determinant of production date but not the only one. He went on to conjecture that paint color may be another determinant. So all seems to be in line with the thinking on this forum.
It must be color that's causing you to be a second batch because someone who confirmed November 16th already received a VIN assignment.

My Zenith Red order was confirmed on 11/2/21 for my 12/1/19 reservation. I have received my VIN on 2/7. My DA "expects" it to be delivered about 4 weeks. Stay tuned!

My Zenith Red order was confirmed on 11/2/21 for my 12/1/19 reservation. I have received my VIN on 2/7. My DA "expects" it to be delivered about 4 weeks. Stay tuned!
Congratulation. What color did you order?

Congratulation. What color did you order?
Red
Thanks for your submission. Seems like the only people reporting VINs are Arizona residents. Some have speculated this is to make easy deliveries.

@AZAir - you are likely one of the first ones in line with a 2019 reservation. Your car is red. @Neurio‘s reservation date is almost the same as yours and his is Grey. so it is obvious that they continued Red into the first GTs. I’ll be curious when @Neurio gets more information as to his status.

I’ll also be curious as to when the AGTs start appearing in the Bear’s Workshop videos. It appears that they are staging them in groups, likely on what part they are missing, then taking them back when the part arrives. That is why Bear has a higher count than actual. Nonetheless, with 120 cars on the lot, Lucid has delivered, at best, 400 Dreams, but likely significantly less since they are still coming off the line. There might be another 50 Dreams still on the line which means that they may have delivered only 350. Once we see the GT wheels on cars emerging, then we can get a good count of how many Dreams are left on the lot to deliver.

@AZAir - you are likely one of the first ones in line with a 2019 reservation. Your car is red. @Neurio‘s reservation date is almost the same as yours and his is Grey. so it is obvious that they continued Red into the first GTs. I’ll be curious when @Neurio gets more information as to his status.
I'm curious too

I bet the second & Third batches start getting their VINs in two weeks, maybe a six week delivery time from now, just inside the 4 month window or before the ending of Q1.

I would guess not until you have a bill of sale or lease docs. Probably varies by state. What I was able to do was order my new vanity plate online that will transfer to my AGT. See attached photo. Looks cool on the e-tron! :cool:
3A50D0EB-4322-4357-8F0A-C8856D644DAB_1_201_a.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back