Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we be putting and "Received Pencils" column in the chart? It seems that we all have a-lot riding on whether we see these pencils or not :p

While I usually rely upon bird entrails to predict my Lucid delivery date, it seems that the pencils have gone out to everyone up to the December confirmations, so there really might be something to them. But c'mon. They're just pencils. Really, really expensive pencils.

Word of the day: Haruspex.

While I usually rely upon bird entrails to predict my Lucid delivery date, it seems that the pencils have gone out to everyone up to the December confirmations, so there really might be something to them. But c'mon. They're just pencils. Really, really expensive pencils.

Confirmed November 30 and no pencils so there's at least one person prior to December without writing instruments.

Agreed - I'm putting absolutely zero stock in them denoting my delivery date :D

At some point, once there are GT deliveries to reference, it may be possible to understand the progression through the steps...reservation, confirmation, DA communications, pencils, VIN, request for payment, delivery.
Or maybe not.

At some point, once there are GT deliveries to reference, it may be possible to understand the progression through the steps...reservation, confirmation, DA communications, pencils, VIN, request for payment, delivery.
Or maybe not.
I believe all those items represent wedges on a dart board and they have a trained chimp at Lucid to throw darts to peg what gets sent out that day. The names in the reservation quew that come up at random then get that notification/ call/ item. I could be wrong.

Should we be putting and "Received Pencils" column in the chart? It seems that we all have a-lot riding on whether we see these pencils or not :p

I haven't received pencils

Or maybe not.

I am curious if it is tied to your deposit being cashed and non-refundable or the queue to get a VIN???

That is good news, I'm The same confirmation date

false alarm I'm in the next group.

Fortunately, you are not the only one getting a vin # and I'm sure others will not keep it a secret including me.

Fortunately, you are not the only one getting a vin # and I'm sure others will not keep it a secret including me.

If a member wishes to share this info, then they will. Otherwise please stop asking members for their VIN # as it's been a repeated request from you that I've noticed and it seems many don’t want to share this.

Spoke to my DA last night for the first time, nothing overly specific shared. " Should get my VIN in March, 2-4 month delivery window". Did not seem overly technical in his knowledge but was certainly familiar with the car and its features. Talked a bit about Tahoe interior and if it looked good in person (I have not seen it yet).

I'll call it progress but nothing of note.

Spoke to my DA last night for the first time, nothing overly specific shared. " Should get my VIN in March, 2-4 month delivery window". Did not seem overly technical in his knowledge but was certainly familiar with the car and its features. Talked a bit about Tahoe interior and if it looked good in person (I have not seen it yet).

I'll call it progress but nothing of note.
2-4 month window from getting the VIN or from when you confirmed?

Received my pencils today, 2/9/22
GT, Quantum Grey, 21", Tahoe
Reserved 2/31/21
Confirmed 1/5/22
No update since a call from my DA in mid-Jan. with the "2-4 months"

Unless the UK work on a different method, i placed my order for the GT over 18 months ago and not a sniff of cedar goodness so it is potentially related to a milestone in production. My better half is constantly on about when she's getting her hands on the pencils (she's a writer therefore a big fan), haven't got the heart to tell her that she'll be waiting for a while yet - i think UK deliveries aren't starting until 2023!! Double pain with the earache and lack of an electric car :rolleyes:

Unless the UK work on a different method, i placed my order for the GT over 18 months ago and not a sniff of cedar goodness so it is potentially related to a milestone in production. My better half is constantly on about when she's getting her hands on the pencils (she's a writer therefore a big fan), haven't got the heart to tell her that she'll be waiting for a while yet - i think UK deliveries aren't starting until 2023!! Double pain with the earache and lack of an electric car :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the threshold for cedar is, at a minimum, locking in your order and making the deposit non-refundable. Amazon US sells these pencils for $42 per dozen for non branded ones so they want to make sure they can recoup their cost of needed . :p

I'm pretty sure the threshold for cedar is, at a minimum, locking in your order and making the deposit non-refundable. Amazon US sells these pencils for $42 per dozen for non branded ones so they want to make sure they can recoup their cost of needed . :p
$42 per dozen? Really? I had not looked up the price of Blackwing pencils. My daughter says they are good pencils, but really? Oh, well, inflation I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back