Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.5 years later, she's finally mine. I'll post more thoughts, and hopefully more pics, later. Just stopping for lunch and then dropping the car off for PPF. Too bad it's cloudy today - the drive through Malibu and the Santa Monica mountains would have been so much nicer.
View attachment 2520
Sorry, no more pics today - the weather didn't cooperate to get a nice outdoor pic and the car went straight into the PPF installer's garage.

My initial thoughts, in a somewhat coherent manner:
- Picking up the car from the SC was totally painless. The Torrance SC is massive and had another 6ish cars ready for delivery. One other delivery was happening right after mine, so that car was covered, but of the rest, I think I saw 1 red, 1 white and the rest were black, all with 21s. Mine was the first grey Torrance has delivered.
- As many others have already said, the drive is impressive. I put about 125 miles on the car (odometer read 14 miles at pickup and was charged to 100%, which showed a range of 466 miles) and averaged 3.0 mi/kWh with some spirited driving thrown in. I drove on the PCH through Santa Monica and Malibu and then took very twisty canyon roads (Encinal Canyon to Mulholland Highway) through the Santa Monica mountains to get back to the 101 before dropping the car off in Santa Barbara. Very comfortable, silent, and FAST!
- The UI definitely has some room to grow. I kept trying to call my wife and Alexa kept saying it only had 1 number for her, which was not her cell phone. Also, constantly having to switch between music, navigation, and the phone screens was pretty annoying.
- The navigation voice didn't bother me for whatever reason. Maybe because I had the music cranked up listening to Tidal?
- Not sure why, but the handles didn't present themselves the 2 times I walked out to the car when it was locked. I had to manually unlock both times. The key and my phone were both paired correctly.
- It's weird being in a car that draws so much attention. I've never owned a car anywhere near this rare or expensive, so it was funny to see people's reactions already. When I was sitting in the Lucid lot getting all my settings set up, a Model 3 pulled in, stared at the car for a few seconds while slowly U-turning, and left. When I was eating lunch in my car in the restaurant's parking lot, I got a thumbs up from a Model X passenger, saw the car be ogled by an older couple who I think were about to look inside when they realized I was sitting there and quickly walked off, and then got stared at by everyone waiting outside the restaurant as I left. Finally, some guy in an SUV seemed to suddenly pull behind me after I passed him and I immediately saw him balance his phone on his steering wheel to take a pic. Something I'm going to need to get used to for a while, I guess.

That's about it for now. Hopefully I'll have it back for next weekend. I'll definitely post pics once the matte wrap and ceramic are done!

Sorry, no more pics today - the weather didn't cooperate to get a nice outdoor pic and the car went straight into the PPF installer's garage.

My initial thoughts, in a somewhat coherent manner:
- Picking up the car from the SC was totally painless. The Torrance SC is massive and had another 6ish cars ready for delivery. One other delivery was happening right after mine, so that car was covered, but of the rest, I think I saw 1 red, 1 white and the rest were black, all with 21s. Mine was the first grey Torrance has delivered.
- As many others have already said, the drive is impressive. I put about 125 miles on the car (odometer read 14 miles at pickup and was charged to 100%, which showed a range of 466 miles) and averaged 3.0 mi/kWh with some spirited driving thrown in. I drove on the PCH through Santa Monica and Malibu and then took very twisty canyon roads (Encinal Canyon to Mulholland Highway) through the Santa Monica mountains to get back to the 101 before dropping the car off in Santa Barbara. Very comfortable, silent, and FAST!
- The UI definitely has some room to grow. I kept trying to call my wife and Alexa kept saying it only had 1 number for her, which was not her cell phone. Also, constantly having to switch between music, navigation, and the phone screens was pretty annoying.
- The navigation voice didn't bother me for whatever reason. Maybe because I had the music cranked up listening to Tidal?
- Not sure why, but the handles didn't present themselves the 2 times I walked out to the car when it was locked. I had to manually unlock both times. The key and my phone were both paired correctly.
- It's weird being in a car that draws so much attention. I've never owned a car anywhere near this rare or expensive, so it was funny to see people's reactions already. When I was sitting in the Lucid lot getting all my settings set up, a Model 3 pulled in, stared at the car for a few seconds while slowly U-turning, and left. When I was eating lunch in my car in the restaurant's parking lot, I got a thumbs up from a Model X passenger, saw the car be ogled by an older couple who I think were about to look inside when they realized I was sitting there and quickly walked off, and then got stared at by everyone waiting outside the restaurant as I left. Finally, some guy in an SUV seemed to suddenly pull behind me after I passed him and I immediately saw him balance his phone on his steering wheel to take a pic. Something I'm going to need to get used to for a while, I guess.

That's about it for now. Hopefully I'll have it back for next weekend. I'll definitely post pics once the matte wrap and ceramic are done!
Nice! You are going to wrap that beautiful grey in matte though?!?!

I am. I think it'll look really good. It's been my plan for quite sometime, even never having seen the color in person. Going to keep the chrome accents on the trim though to give it some contrast.

That will DEFINITELY require pics. My colleague has an AMG CLA 45s in magno grey matte which is a factory color and it looks crazy good. Maybe it might work on the Lucid?

That looks awesome. That car’s panel gaps for the trunk and rear cantrail are better than mine (at least on the left), they must be improving something at the factory.

That looks awesome. That car’s panel gaps for the trunk and rear cantrail are better than mine (at least on the left), they must be improving something at the factory.
The gaps around my trunk were a bit uneven, with the left side being narrow at the top and wider towards the bottom and the right side being better overall. Based on the fact that they've redone their entire inspection protocol, I can only assume the gaps are within spec. I'll certainly keep an eye on them.

One other thing: as @beancounter mentioned yesterday, there's some new issue with the windshield wiper stalks that need to be inspected. No idea how many cars are affected, or what the issue is, but Lucid is going to try to send the mobile tech to my PPF shop this week to get mine inspected. I didn't have enough time to sit around Torrance for them to check today.

I’m so envious! I’m such an attention whore myself that I would love people checking out my AGT, when I finally get it. I’m imagining they’ll still be pretty uncommon, even several months from now.

2.5 years later, she's finally mine. I'll post more thoughts, and hopefully more pics, later. Just stopping for lunch and then dropping the car off for PPF. Too bad it's cloudy today - the drive through Malibu and the Santa Monica mountains would have been so much nicer.
View attachment 2520

By the way, didja git any swaaag?

Yes! I'd forgotten we did that.
I recall coin operated gas stations. Put in a quarter and get a gallon of gas.

In those days (50s), you did not care if your muscle car got single digit miles per gallon. Life was good and spent a lot of time at the local car-hop restaurant with everyone else in town.

Lucids will be uncommon on the street even a few years from now.
Even Tesla is rare sight sometimes in UK. I haven’t seen Model X or Model S today, yet I’ve seen 4 Ferrari today.

I ordered a Grey GT with Mojave interior back in January 2020. Was confirmed on November 2nd, 2021. I received my VIN almost 6 weeks ago with a delivery estimation of 2-6 weeks. Thursday will officially be 6 weeks. I have yet to hear anything from anyone regarding actual delivery or payment.

I see more Teslas in Florida now than most other cars tbh. They’re absurdly common.
At southern England, most EV brands I see is LEVC, and that car only has 60 miles range and it is sufficient to be used for Central London Taxi. When electric range is used up, driver can switch the car to petrol mode to recharge battery, then switch back when battery is charged up. The car is $85k. And British government mandates no pure gas car for sale by 2035. Tax is high for gasoline cars, not only one pays $15 daily pollution tax to drive inside city, registration and parking cost more. Commonwealth are motivated to get EV or Hybrid. My guess is that Tesla has high import luxury tax, so I see more variety of other brands so far.

Same where I live. Tesla Model 3s are the Corolla of SoCal.
Absolutely agree with @Bus Driver. It seems that up to 50% of vehicles on the road around So CA are one Tesla model or another! When we get visitors from other parts of the country, they can't believe it as Teslas are considered "rare" in many areas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back