Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, no more pics today - the weather didn't cooperate to get a nice outdoor pic and the car went straight into the PPF installer's garage.

My initial thoughts, in a somewhat coherent manner:
- Picking up the car from the SC was totally painless. The Torrance SC is massive and had another 6ish cars ready for delivery. One other delivery was happening right after mine, so that car was covered, but of the rest, I think I saw 1 red, 1 white and the rest were black, all with 21s. Mine was the first grey Torrance has delivered.
- As many others have already said, the drive is impressive. I put about 125 miles on the car (odometer read 14 miles at pickup and was charged to 100%, which showed a range of 466 miles) and averaged 3.0 mi/kWh with some spirited driving thrown in. I drove on the PCH through Santa Monica and Malibu and then took very twisty canyon roads (Encinal Canyon to Mulholland Highway) through the Santa Monica mountains to get back to the 101 before dropping the car off in Santa Barbara. Very comfortable, silent, and FAST!
- The UI definitely has some room to grow. I kept trying to call my wife and Alexa kept saying it only had 1 number for her, which was not her cell phone. Also, constantly having to switch between music, navigation, and the phone screens was pretty annoying.
- The navigation voice didn't bother me for whatever reason. Maybe because I had the music cranked up listening to Tidal?
- Not sure why, but the handles didn't present themselves the 2 times I walked out to the car when it was locked. I had to manually unlock both times. The key and my phone were both paired correctly.
- It's weird being in a car that draws so much attention. I've never owned a car anywhere near this rare or expensive, so it was funny to see people's reactions already. When I was sitting in the Lucid lot getting all my settings set up, a Model 3 pulled in, stared at the car for a few seconds while slowly U-turning, and left. When I was eating lunch in my car in the restaurant's parking lot, I got a thumbs up from a Model X passenger, saw the car be ogled by an older couple who I think were about to look inside when they realized I was sitting there and quickly walked off, and then got stared at by everyone waiting outside the restaurant as I left. Finally, some guy in an SUV seemed to suddenly pull behind me after I passed him and I immediately saw him balance his phone on his steering wheel to take a pic. Something I'm going to need to get used to for a while, I guess.

That's about it for now. Hopefully I'll have it back for next weekend. I'll definitely post pics once the matte wrap and ceramic are done!

I had one of the first Porsche Cayenne. People did all kinds of weird stuff. This was before camera phones, though. What was common were people tracing the outline of shape of truck when behind me.

Hey Lucid community! I'm a big fan of Lucid and I've been following this forum for many months now. I'm from Canada but I've been in LA for a few days for a trip. Had the chance to finally visit a studio and see the car in person! I was also at the expo at Long Beach today. I heard a few things from my interactions with the staff and I thought I'd share the information if it wasn't shared already.
1. The staff at Westfield Studio mentioned that Pure has been delayed to Q1 2023. They also mentioned that Lucid is also coming out with a car lease option very soon, but didn't mention any time frame.
2. The staff at the expo today mentioned that deliveries have nearly hit 2000! If it is nearly 2000 would that indicate the ramp up in production is happening?

What are your thoughts?

Considering Lucid keeps using the 10,000 unit production this year and they have only delivered 2,000 I would say there is definitely no ramp up yet. In fact they have given out literally no new VIN in a month….

Not surprised about the Pure to 2023 given all the production issues. I don't know about 2k deliveries, seems high. But other members with a better handle on deliveries may be more accurately able to comment. I would think that actual deliveries would be closer to 1400.

Reactions: DJL
Hey Lucid community! I'm a big fan of Lucid and I've been following this forum for many months now. I'm from Canada but I've been in LA for a few days for a trip. Had the chance to finally visit a studio and see the car in person! I was also at the expo at Long Beach today. I heard a few things from my interactions with the staff and I thought I'd share the information if it wasn't shared already.
1. The staff at Westfield Studio mentioned that Pure has been delayed to Q1 2023. They also mentioned that Lucid is also coming out with a car lease option very soon, but didn't mention any time frame.
2. The staff at the expo today mentioned that deliveries have nearly hit 2000! If it is nearly 2000 would that indicate the ramp up in production is happening?

What are your thoughts?
I also think that by the end of 2022 they're only going to have delivered about 6-7k cars, something I said a month or 2 ago. I am still sticking with that prediction.

Considering Lucid keeps using the 10,000 unit production this year and they have only delivered 2,000 I would say there is definitely no ramp up yet. In fact they have given out literally no new VIN in a month….
You can still produce 10,000 and only deliver 3k and not be lying =P

--> post was made by a person who claimed he works at the paint department at Lucid and "• Every car in GA has a number on the license plate area indicating what number of car it is. We’re at around 1650 currently, and that’s including 500 from last year which we didn’t even meet the goal on. So this year out of 15k cars we’ve done about 1150." ---> this was about a month ago, so 2k sounds realistic for me.

--> post was made by a person who claimed he works at the paint department at Lucid and "• Every car in GA has a number on the license plate area indicating what number of car it is. We’re at around 1650 currently, and that’s including 500 from last year which we didn’t even meet the goal on. So this year out of 15k cars we’ve done about 1150." ---> this was about a month ago, so 2k sounds realistic for me.
This sounds ridiculously bullish. Has anyone verified this person?

The person who posted is a Lucid employee. The information is likely accurate but we have no way to verify.
If someone is able to verify this is a Lucid employee, then someone should be able to investigate further and verify the situation. It’s likely just too bullish to chase. On a better note, if Apple did buy them… that would be the dream.

If someone is able to verify this is a Lucid employee, then someone should be able to investigate further and verify the situation. It’s likely just too bullish to chase. On a better note, if Apple did buy them… that would be the dream.

It’s easy to look at someone’s LinkedIn and say, yup they live in Casa Grande, AZ and have manufacturing experience and work for Lucid as listed.

It’s much harder to march in there and ask Lucid executives to verify there is a blue Lucid version coming and that Apple is buying the company.

On a side note: I doubt Apple is buying Lucid.

It’s easy to look at someone’s LinkedIn and say, yup they live in Casa Grande, AZ and have manufacturing experience and work for Lucid as listed.

It’s much harder to march in there and ask Lucid executives to verify there is a blue Lucid version coming and that Apple is buying the company.

On a side note: I doubt Apple is buying Lucid.
Oh definitely. That’s not quite what I was implying. It would be ideal to locate coworkers who would independently confirm parts of the reports. This wouldn’t be an on site conversation.

If someone is able to verify this is a Lucid employee, then someone should be able to investigate further and verify the situation. It’s likely just too bullish to chase. On a better note, if Apple did buy them… that would be the dream
evrrythjng seems very plausible, but I can’t give hope to Apple buying Lucid. While it would be a win/win in my view, it’s just too juicy and it would be crushing to expect it and then see the rumors flop like so many other EV start-ups.

Reserved zenith red Mojave GT on February 14. Confirmed on March 24
What size wheels did you order? You should be getting your vin very soon if you ordered 19s or 21s.

There is no way Apple is Paying up to buy LCID, BUT would be a dream come true if they paid 1:1 in stock but doubt they have the shares to add. They also wont shell out 62 Billion = 2x current price and since ATH is 57, most likely won’t be approved by PIF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back