• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update. Well, my DA (Joey Peterson) and I are off to a great start. He missed his 1030 hrs PDT telepphone appointment today.

I’m going to run around and do errands. No sense in my waiting any longer.

Needless to say I’m not overcome with the warm fuzzies about Lucid at the moment.

Another Update. So my DA emailed me eight minutes after our scheduled appointment time yesterday, saying that he didn’t have an telephone number for me. Presumably that is why I never got a call from him.

I just find it hard to imagine that I was able to complete an appointment card online without inputting my phone number somewhere.

I’ll give the DA the benefit of the doubt, this time.

Update to the update, to the update: So it turns out that I can fill out an appointment card without giving my telephone number. I’m asked for my email but nothing more. I put in my telephone number in the “remarks and comments” window, since there was no other place to enter it. Very strange.

Last edited:
I was told by my DA when the the car was having it's PDI done the slightest thing will delay it. Lucid refuses to deliver a car with things that could be noted and fixed later. I get they don't want to be branded like Tesla on quality issues but even acknowledging them and taking note to fix them is a much better process than Tesla takes. If they're going to be so ruthless on the PDI then it definitely needs to go back to the factory doing the PDI. Probably a lot easier to get access to the replacement parts onsite then having to ship them to the Service Center
Mine was delivered with a cracked rear windshield. They offered to keep it until they could get the part, but I took it anyways. They picked it up 3 weeks later to replace. Sooo they will deliver with defects. There are heavily constrained parts right now..

As someone who lives many hours from any Lucid service center, I would much rather Lucid took its sweet time and gave me a car that is in the best shape possible. The Tesla give-‘em-whatever approach — manufacture something jacked up and foist it off on me for $140K until it can be fixed (assuming it is even repairable) — is precisely what drove me to order a Lucid instead. Serious money demands a serious approach to quality. I want them to fix every damn thing they can on my car long before I lay eyes on it.

Although I spend too many minutes staring at this forum, my time is at a premium. If a Lucid DA called me just to tell me they did not know anything, then I would be mad as hell. I’m not interested in hand holding. They can call me with facts. Or they can not call me at all. Either works for me. But I will continue resting easy. Why? Because I know Lucid has every incentive in the world to get me my car: they are not getting paid until I can just about see the whites of my Lucid Air GT’s headlights!

Attachments

• 1654296427498.png
    1654296427498.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
My DA reaches out to me weekly. I asked him to do that even if he has no news. He is diligent in fulfilling my request. Lucid is going thru some growing pains right now. They are working it out. I'm thankful my car is going thru the more stringent quality control process. I'd rather them fine tune everything now rather than have to take care of it after I receive it.
I asked for the same thing. Reach out weekly, even if it is to say, no news, everything is the same. But he doesn’t.

Ordered Red/Tahoe Grand Touring on May 29, 2022. Reservation was on March 30th or so for a Touring which I upgraded to a Grand Touring.

Waiting to have a call with delivery advisor to work on next steps. Studio advisors said anywhere between 2-5 months for delivery.

Ordered Red/Tahoe Grand Touring on May 29, 2022. Reservation was on March 30th or so for a Touring which I upgraded to a Grand Touring.

Waiting to have a call with delivery advisor to work on next steps. Studio advisors said anywhere between 2-5 months for delivery.

2-5 months for delivery. That sounds about right. But I’ll wager it’ll be closer to the five months end and beyond. Lots of teething problems at the production and quality control level.

Not a chance it will be 2 months. I’m at nearly 7 months and still no delivery date.

Please tell me that's photoshopped??? That's worse than in "I am Legend"
Gas is $9.90/gallon in Mendocino. Saw it on the local evening news just now. BTW not too many places to charge around there either - another reason to get that Air.

Gas is $9.90/gallon in Mendocino. Saw it on the local evening news just now. BTW not too many places to charge around there either - another reason to get that Air.
Wow. NY has never been cheap for gas, but it is literally half that in NYC suburbs.

They probably can’t charge much more than $9.90 because that would require their signs to be modified to add another digit!

Wow. NY has never been cheap for gas, but it is literally half that in NYC suburbs.

They probably can’t charge much more than $9.90 because that would require their signs to be modified to add another digit!
And the gas pumps' electronics as well. I remember when this happened the last time, as gasoline exceeded $0.99 per gallon. Every gas pump in the country was replaced over a few years.

Please tell me that's photoshopped??? That's worse than in "I am Legend"
Not photoshopped. It’s real in CA. They are predicting the NATIONAL average will be over $6 This summer.

And the gas pumps' electronics as well. I remember when this happened the last time, as gasoline exceeded $0.99 per gallon. Every gas pump in the country was replaced over a few years.
Yeah. I’m old enough to remember too. some places put the price for a half gallon and you had to pay double the displayed amount.

I ordered mine 4/1/22. At least that is the confirmation date... Still waiting

Not the greatest of pictures. But here she is! Delivery went smoothly. Already charged at a EA at 150kw ~60kw in 50 mins. No hiccups there. Definitely need to get it tinted/ PPF ASAP and potentially tint the front head space. At 111 today in AZ it was a bit warm. But worth the wait for sure! Quantum grey worth all the frustrations and delays.

Attachments

• 358BDFE6-7DF2-435D-AE61-34950DA51CDC.jpeg
    358BDFE6-7DF2-435D-AE61-34950DA51CDC.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 200
  • 5E1D442B-B89B-43F1-9AB4-EAAE7ED044E1.jpeg
    5E1D442B-B89B-43F1-9AB4-EAAE7ED044E1.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 193
  • 318F499B-98D6-43FA-9F84-794F5D8A2F6E.jpeg
    318F499B-98D6-43FA-9F84-794F5D8A2F6E.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 177
  • 6F976B1C-6AD0-4368-985D-F9C50FA3D210.jpeg
    6F976B1C-6AD0-4368-985D-F9C50FA3D210.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 185
  • BA88A737-2D86-49E2-AF12-9A9D33DB9459.jpeg
    BA88A737-2D86-49E2-AF12-9A9D33DB9459.jpeg
    436.7 KB · Views: 193
Yeah. I’m old enough to remember too. some places put the price for a half gallon and you had to pay double the displayed amount.
I remember vividly when the decimal point was two places to the right -- 10.9 cents a gallon for "high test" (premium grade for our younger readers). 😀

Not the greatest of pictures. But here she is! Delivery went smoothly. Already charged at a EA at 150kw ~60kw in 50 mins. No hiccups there. Definitely need to get it tinted/ PPF ASAP and potentially tint the front head space. At 111 today in AZ it was a bit warm. But worth the wait for sure! Quantum grey worth all the frustrations and delays.
Did they deliver or did you pick it up?

That is absolutely gorgeous. Exactly the spec I have ordered, except I am getting the 20 inch wheels. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back