Flat Tire

Hemant

Cars
Grand touring
Hello,
We just received our lucid Grand Touring on Friday and alright got a flat (driver side front). We did not hit anything nor did we run over anything, the sidewall of the tire just popped. I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and how was it fixed?
(We also have the 21” Areo blade wheel)

Are these sidewall bubbles only on the 21” tires or are the 19’s also having issues?

Are these sidewall bubbles only on the 21” tires or are the 19’s also having issues?
Not really sure, I saw another post saying there 21” had the sidewall pop too so I think it’s more common for the 21”.

Hello,
We just received our lucid Grand Touring on Friday and alright got a flat (driver side front). We did not hit anything nor did we run over anything, the sidewall of the tire just popped. I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and how was it fixed?
Did not see your username in the GT batch tracker. What config is your GT? Reservation/confirmation date?

That is understandably frustrating. Hope service center can come fix this issue promptly.

Not really sure, I saw another post saying there 21” had the sidewall pop too so I think it’s more common for the 21”.
Just haven’t seen any reports yet for the 19s So I was curious If we will have the same issue?

Who do they contract with? How long does it take?
It's posted somewhere else on the forum that they contract out to a 3rd party if it's too far from their mobile service.

The 20s and 21s make no sense for a daily driver, just not enough sidewall.

My Lexus LC 500 convertible has 21s but with a much taller sidewall and I haven't had any issues with them in Chicago.

The 19s are the way to go, even though at this point they don't offer the Summer P Zeros in the 19s

My Lexus LC 500 convertible has 21s but with a much taller sidewall and I haven't had any issues with them in Chicago.

The 19s are the way to go, even though at this point they don't offer the Summer P Zeros in the 19s
Sure they do, half the fun of daily driving is to look cool 😎

Hello,
Yes I have had the Dream edition for about 4 months and I have had 4 flat tires on the 21 inch all side blowouts . There is a definite issue with a design or tires that keep going out like this. Before my Lucid I had Audi for 20 years without a flat

The 21” Pirelli’s have been reported to have a defect and side wall bulge/bubble. Some are buying the small spare to keep in the frunk. Quite a mess…..

Err...I've got 6k miles in, 6 months of driving and only replaced 1 tire which I KNEW I hit a pothole hard. Maybe the roads in SoCal are just better🤷‍♂️

That's simply not true. I have 225/35/20s on my XF and have driven them every day for 5 years. Only flats have been screw/nail in the tread, so no sidewall issues.

I don't even use snow tires here in NY. Though it doesn't snow quite like is used to.

Err...I've got 6k miles in, 6 months of driving and only replaced 1 tire which I KNEW I hit a pothole hard. Maybe the roads in SoCal are just better🤷‍♂️
From January through June roads are a disaster in the NE thanks to snow plows. By June the potholes are mostly patched (inconsistently and unevenly).

Back