I got a flat tire

grtlooks

Cars
lucid touring
My tire must have been flat upon leaving my home. However, there was no warning on the dashboard. After driving a short distance I realized something was not right and got out of the car to notice my back rear tire on the passenger side was comeplety flat. I called Lucid roadside and they were very helpful. In the end, I didn't need a tow because a neighbor walking by said he had a tire pump and was able to pump the tire enough to get my to the tire repair shop.

I had a nail in the tire which they needed to replace, however, my question is for others who have had a flat tire, did you get any warnings on your dashboard? It did display in the settings that the tire pressure was at 1, but I had to go to that to see it. I would think there would have been a display on the dashboard alerting me as I was driving out of my driveway that my tire was low and I should not be driving or driving carefully. My 2011 BMW alerts me..just saying.

Has anyone bought a spare or a kit to repair tires?

The TPMS sensors have a motion detector in them so that they turn off when the car is parked to save the battery. It takes a fair amount of speed before they turn on. The driver warning system will not know that the tire is flat until the TPMS turns on. My guess is that you drove just enough to turn it on so that it showed 1 PSI which probably means the driver warning was coming on just about the time you stopped. There is a low pressure indicator on the screen.

Last edited:
The TPMS sensors have a motion detector in them so that they turn off when the car is parked to save the battery. It takes a fair amount of speed before they turn. The driver warning system will not know that the tire is flat until the TPMS turns on. My guess is that you drive just enough to turn it on so that it showed 1 PSI whcih probably means the driver warning was coming on just about the time you stopped. There is a low pressure indicator on the screen.
Thank you for letting me know.

I've had the fortunate experience of two nails in my tires, in the first for months of owning my Touring.

In both cases, tire pressure never decreased so i didn't get a warning (how could the car know?).

In the first case, i hear the fixed frequency clicking sound as my window was rolled down. Lucid Service came and replaced the tire (paid service).

In my second case, i was on a road trip and after an overnight stay in a hotel, prior to departure i did a vehicle walk around and spotted the nail visually. I was searching for a tire repair service at 7am on a Saturday and found a Discount Tire who had me in and out patching the tire in 30 minutes. After arriving home, I had Lucid Service come out to swap for a brand new tire (I gladly paid for service, again).

The tire pressure appears to have been shown in the setting, But not as a prompt while driving. Regular tire pressure checking is a good job, And you should think about a spare tire or tire repair kit in case of emergencies. Always keep in mind about safety. Best wishes.

To be always prepared I owned a tire repair kit with a plug and inflator, which has come in handy in situations like this. It's always a good idea to have a spare tire or a reliable repair kit in case of emergencies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had the fortunate experience of two nails in my tires, in the first for months of owning my Touring.

In both cases, tire pressure never decreased so i didn't get a warning (how could the car know?).

In the first case, i hear the fixed frequency clicking sound as my window was rolled down. Lucid Service came and replaced the tire (paid service).

In my second case, i was on a road trip and after an overnight stay in a hotel, prior to departure i did a vehicle walk around and spotted the nail visually. I was searching for a tire repair service at 7am on a Saturday and found a Discount Tire who had me in and out patching the tire in 30 minutes. After arriving home, I had Lucid Service come out to swap for a brand new tire (I gladly paid for service, again).
Discount tires all the way!

I ride motorcycles with TPMS that all work exactly the same as @Adnillien described above.
My buddies put all their trust in the TPMS but I know those first 100 feet with no TPMS data are hazardous, so I check my motorcycle tires daily before every start, and on all my cars ... visual weekly, tire gauge monthly, should probably do it more but I'm fooled by how steady they usually are. And like a prior post here, the audible "clicking" of the nail (or last summer, 3/8" lag bolt!) head on the pavement remains my #1 warning.
Still love quiet-ride cars...

Great to hear that lucid could come by to do the swap. Here in nyc the Plainview service center told me they didn't have enough service technicians to do a mobile tire call and if have to tow it in. The general service center recommended tire rack and they were able to ship and have an independent mobile service provider replace the tire.

Great to hear that lucid could come by to do the swap. Here in nyc the Plainview service center told me they didn't have enough service technicians to do a mobile tire call and if have to tow it in. The general service center recommended tire rack and they were able to ship and have an independent mobile service provider replace the tire.
Strange. Did you call customer care, or go directly to you service center? We all have roadside assistance via customer care. They didn’t send me a mobile service van or a Lucid tow truck, they called in a third party tow for me and offered a Lyft. I didn’t even stay there, just left and carried on with what I was doing. The service center fixed it up the following day.

Strange. Did you call customer care, or go directly to you service center? We all have roadside assistance via customer care. They didn’t send me a mobile service van or a Lucid tow truck, they called in a third party tow for me and offered a Lyft. I didn’t even stay there, just left and carried on with what I was doing. The service center fixed it up the following day.
Called customer care, they told me to call tire rack to buy a new tire. My impression is that service must have gone downhill in the past year since I read about everyone's experiences which are very different them my own.

Called customer care, they told me to call tire rack to buy a new tire. My impression is that service must have gone downhill in the past year since I read about everyone's experiences which are very different them my own.
The experience I just described was in January. Service has not gone downhill across the board, but I guess sometimes a ball gets dropped. I'd send Customer Care and email documenting this with the tow receipt and ask if it can be covered. Not much else can be done to rectify this one after the fact, but that should have been taken care of.

The experience I just described was in January. Service has not gone downhill across the board, but I guess sometimes a ball gets dropped. I'd send Customer Care and email documenting this with the tow receipt and ask if it can be covered. Not much else can be done to rectify this one after the fact, but that should have been taken care of.
Interesting. Not sure why the service line made the decision to handle my situation the way they did but I will point out the Plainview NY service center has provided excuses that they couldn't provode mobile service because of 1) understaffing 2) malfunctioning equipment. For the damaged rim they weren't able to have a tire mounted and brought to my site because of understaffing. For cross bar installation they wouldn't come to my site because it required two people to install. For providing my second key dongle they told me I'd have to bring in for service because their keys were malfunctioning and didn't have enough keys with their mobile technicians to troubleshoot. I'll ask if there's anything they are willing to do to make things right but when there's a pattern it sets expectations for the brand.

Interesting. Not sure why the service line made the decision to handle my situation the way they did but I will point out the Plainview NY service center has provided excuses that they couldn't provode mobile service because of 1) understaffing 2) malfunctioning equipment. For the damaged rim they weren't able to have a tire mounted and brought to my site because of understaffing. For cross bar installation they wouldn't come to my site because it required two people to install. For providing my second key dongle they told me I'd have to bring in for service because their keys were malfunctioning and didn't have enough keys with their mobile technicians to troubleshoot. I'll ask if there's anything they are willing to do to make things right but when there's a pattern it sets expectations for the brand.
Plainview is my service center and although I’ve yet to have any reason to use them, it’s a bit disappointing to hear this.

Unfortunately my couple experiences with Plainview have not been great over the past year either. Not sure if it is a staffing issue or not. I have had to contact the manager of the center,Mike, in the past. He seems relatively responsive but the rest of the staff that I have dealt with have not been particularly helpful IMO.

That’s what any manufacturer would (and should) recommend.

That’s what any manufacturer would (and should) recommend.
No disagreement there. The problem in my eyes is just that roadside assistance should have dispatched a tow truck, like they did for me.

Back