What a Difference a Tire Makes!!

Not a car guy and I may be looking at this wrong, but the specs say CL but Max rating is 18xx lbs. Seems like it's not rated for the weight of the Lucid as someone previously commented? Or do you multiply that per tire?
Yes
How is the ride quality and quietness compared to the Pirelli? I thought I had read somewhere that they’re noisier.
The ride quality in my opinion is better, and after I saw the foam liner inside the Pirelli I to was concerned about noise but I have not detected any discernable difference between the Pirelli and the Pilot Sport All Season EV tire.
I can't comment accurately on the range as it's been cool to cold weather here since the purchase, but I can also say that I have been impressed with the range of the Lucid in the cold temps.

I will do a reset on the trip odometer tomorrow to see how the car fares next week against it's long term range.

That wounds about right.
Off the original tire topic, but our Touring range is atrocious in the cold. We are in the Pacific NW and temps don't get that low (20s in the last cold snap) yet we get 2-2.3 m/kwh in the winter vs. 3.5-4 im the summer.

How are people calculating range/efficiency? We use the trip meter.

Off the original tire topic, but our Touring range is atrocious in the cold. We are in the Pacific NW and temps don't get that low (20s in the last cold snap) yet we get 2-2.3 m/kwh in the winter vs. 3.5-4 im the summer.

How are people calculating range/efficiency? We use the trip meter.
Percent left * capacity (in your case .92, since you have a Touring) * efficiency.

So, let’s say you have 80% charge, and your trip is saying you are getting 3.1 mi/kWh

80 x .92 x 3.1 = 228.16

Percent left * capacity (in your case .92, since you have a Touring) * efficiency.

So, let’s say you have 80% charge, and your trip is saying you are getting 3.1 mi/kWh

80 x .92 x 3.1 = 228.16
Thanks! My question though was whether the numbers quoted in the thread are relying on the efficiency reading from the car. It looks from the reply that you do trust the efficiency reading from the trip data, as opposed to some more manual calculation based on observed travel distance and charge percentage reading.

I am not sure then why cold whether drops the efficiency by that much in our case given the reported experience of other owners here with better efficiency in colder situations.

For reference, we have that stock all whether 19'' and I usually drive on the highest efficiency setting.

Temperature affects efficiency in a non linear fashion as it drops. My GT on 19s at 13F will get 2.7-2.8 mi kWh, meanwhile I can get 3.4 at 38F or 4.0-4.4 at 80F.

We did a 240 mile road trip in 30 degree weather from Boston to Camden, ME today. I figured we would get 3.1 mi/kWh, as I usually average 3.4 mi/kWh across all conditions. Instead, driving an average of 10 mph above the speed limit (including 80 mph on the Maine pike) but traveling mainly on backroads, we averaged 3.6 mi/kWh. We also got caught in a sudden snow squall with low visibility, pelting snow, and unsalted roads. The Lucid did amazingly well, staying steady and planted while on rolling hills, while we saw several cars skid out.

It’s a nice car.

IMG_5017.jpeg

Gotcha...yea i know the PS4S are better than the old PSS and i don't know why but there's almost no independent reviews of the PSEV, but yea it's probably fair to assume neither will be good in light snow
That wounds about right.
i can't figure out if joe is being funny or it's a typo. works both ways

We did a 240 mile road trip in 30 degree weather from Boston to Camden, ME today. I figured we would get 3.1 mi/kWh, as I usually average 3.4 mi/kWh across all conditions. Instead, driving an average of 10 mph above the speed limit (including 80 mph on the Maine pike) but traveling mainly on backroads, we averaged 3.6 mi/kWh. We also got caught in a sudden snow squall with low visibility, pelting snow, and unsalted roads. The Lucid did amazingly well, staying steady and planted while on rolling hills, while we saw several cars skid out.

It’s a nice car.

View attachment 18396
Great pic, that’s excellent efficiency in those conditions! Lately I’ve been pre-heating my car a lot which is murder on the efficiency, but if I just reset the trip meter once I get on the road it’s still getting me 3.4-3.6 mi kWh in 30F temps. Right now though overall during the winter my average is 3.1 cuz that includes all the pre-heating.

Lifetime skier here. Live in NE. We had our first snow here in two seasons. The roads were unplowed and unsalted. Car has 19" A/S.
No surprises. Breaking was "normal" for conditions with A/S compound. Understeer was normal for A/S tires and conditions.

What surprised me was the traction control. I never felt I was not in command. It was a bummer.

Well done Lucid.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I am wanting to replace my Michelin Primacy 21" tires with these and your report really cements my plans! Thanks again.

Lifetime skier here. Live in NE. We had our first snow here in two seasons. The roads were unplowed and unsalted. Car has 19" A/S.
No surprises. Breaking was "normal" for conditions with A/S compound. Understeer was normal for A/S tires and conditions.

What surprised me was the traction control. I never felt I was not in command. It was a bummer.

Well done Lucid.
I’ll second that, as fragile as the 21” PZero are, the 19” on the Lucid have held up really well on unplowed snow for me. I’ll still likely switch to the Nokian WRG all weather compound when it becomes available just because we’ve had some horrendous heavy rain storms that I expect will only get worse with climate change, and I do want something designed more for worst-case scenario that isn’t a winter tire, not to avoid a skid myself as the Lucid is a champ at that, but rather to have optimal severe weather control so I can avoid other people who are skidding easier. I have full confidence in the PZero 19 to not result in loss of control, but they do lose grip when pushed and I don’t have as much confidence they could rapidly dodge other out of control vehicles.

Back