Electrify America is enraging EV owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Babyrocko1908 You are too kind. 😊

You may appreciate this. I am dealing with several claimed breach of contact cases, but the opposing attorneys fail to (or choose not to) understand that even if there was a breach, their clients only get actual provable damages, and not consequential damages or worse, claims of tort - pain and suffering. That's why I love contract law - it was made to facilitate business not fix the wrongs of the world.

Come on, did you really forget about Widgets? Next you will tell me you do not remember Black Acre and White Acre :p
Ahh yes, the "Ying and Yang" of property law!! 😂

So humble of Ford CEO, first hand experience with EA to relate to its customers.
643E313C-8094-4F55-955F-883EF7AF8E96.jpeg

When I ran PS Audio,
Paul ?
{... deleted because it's off topic.
saved you the trouble, mods.}... but i'll give one hint: at 2am in your garage in your Lucid que up White Room and listen exclusively to } Peter Baker. my post was about how accurately the Lucid reproduces recordings (aka Hi Fi). I liked White Room OK in 1968...on the VW car speaker, or the fold-down turntable in my room...but never heard Ginger Baker play drums until the Lucid. Now I have to revisit all my favs. from that era.

And another thing, EA chargers are free. Looking a gift horse in the mouth we are.

Attachments

• 1691893978324.jpeg
    1691893978324.jpeg
    20.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 1691896725555.jpeg
    1691896725555.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
No, Peter. Paul sold PS in the late 80s. Then Paul and I were at Genesis Tech with Arnie Nudell in the 90s. After PS went under, I bought it back for $10. I was Pres for two years in the late90s, and Paul designed, our first new product was the Power Plant. Now i'm just general counsel, consigliere and have fun taunting Paul (a Tesla guy) with my Lucid

MOREOVER @borski - did you, as mod, install spyware on the computer? I ask because for the past month, I have been dealing for days on end with a force majeure clause for a luxury resort hotel that has to cancel or modify wedding event contracts. Its due to the hotel owner, without consulting the management group, electing to close the hotel in the fall for required and necessary major system renovation. I have spent more time on this ancient property principle this month than in my decades since law school. That said, each and every force majeure clause is written VERY differently. While the principle is the same, the wording of each contract is determinative and often VERY VERY different, i.e. what "greater forces" did the parties contemplate or not.
lol no, but by virtue of running a company, I read and redlined more contracts than I’d like to admit. Most of the time, it was trivial; rarely, I got our lawyers involved for one of two reasons:
1) it was complicated (e.g. acquisition paperwork, major partnership, funding round, etc.)

2) to blame shit on them

#2 was immensely important. The ability to say “oh man, I totally get it. I even sorta agree with you [I didn’t], but my lawyers simply won’t let me do that, let’s find another way” was huge. Took the onus off me being the hardass negotiator and put it on “the legal counsel.” Blamed a lot of things on investors too ;)

Last edited:
The ability to say “oh man, I totally get it. I even sorta agree with you [I didn’t], but my lawyers simply won’t let me do that, let’s find another way” was huge. Took the onus off me being the hardass negotiator and put it on “the legal counsel.”
Good cop bad cop. I encourage it. Especially if it gets the client to stick to our strategy and not cave in under pressure. "The lawyer made me do it". Fine with me.

That works if your near home only
Free? Where do you live? Overnight per here is 38c per kilowatt instead of .53 charged from 5 to8 pm. And scheduled to keep going up

Free? Where do you live? Overnight per here is 38c per kilowatt instead of .53 charged from 5 to8 pm. And scheduled to keep going up
Wow. You have cheap power!. Here at SDGE, we pay over 80 cents per kW between 4-9p.

Wow. You have cheap power!. Here at SDGE, we pay over 80 cents per kW between 4-9p.
Yikes! I'm at 9 cents per kW flat in Dallas. I did sign a contract in the summer of 21 before prices went up so I was a bit lucky.

It just keeps getting worse! I had to drive from upstate NY (Saratoga county) to northern NJ and back. Charged to 100% for trip down. I knew at some point I would have to charge once to get at least 30% to 50% more power in order to complete trip. EA says there a station near me with 3/4 chargers available. Pullin to this:

Station 1.jpg
station 2.jpg
station 3.jpg
station 4.jpg

So I call EA. They tell me there's nothing they can do about this particular station BUT there is another station about 15 miles away. Meanwhile, their app is telling me there's one about 5 miles away. He says that's not true. I provide him the actual station ID and tell him it says there are available chargers there. Nope, he claims it doesn't exist.

I had time to kill so I drive there....WHAT DO YOU KNOW!?!?!? A functioning EA station with cars actually charging!

WTF is wrong with this company!

It just keeps getting worse! I had to drive from upstate NY (Saratoga county) to northern NJ and back. Charged to 100% for trip down. I knew at some point I would have to charge once to get at least 30% to 50% more power in order to complete trip. EA says there a station near me with 3/4 chargers available. Pullin to this:

View attachment 14362View attachment 14363View attachment 14364View attachment 14365

So I call EA. They tell me there's nothing they can do about this particular station BUT there is another station about 15 miles away. Meanwhile, their app is telling me there's one about 5 miles away. He says that's not true. I provide him the actual station ID and tell him it says there are available chargers there. Nope, he claims it doesn't exist.

I had time to kill so I drive there....WHAT DO YOU KNOW!?!?!? A functioning EA station with cars actually charging!

Where was that station? I would like to avoid it on my way back.

Where was that station? I would like to avoid it on my way back.

UBP Pompton Lakes (Pompton Lakes, NJ)station 55 Wanaque Ave, Pompton Lakes, New Jersey 07442

On their website, it says this station is COMING SOON. But their app showed it with available charges.

The one the guy on the phone couldn't find is located at:

Plaza 23 Station 500 Route 23 North, Pompton Plains, New Jersey 07444

View attachment 14362View attachment 14363View attachment 14364View attachment 14365

I would update this on the plugshare app as well. This is crazy!

Wondering if anyone is having a harder time at EV charging stations with authorization for the free (VIN-specific?) lucid charging plan. It never happened to me before, and within the last few weeks it's happened every time, and seems to take exactly as long to resolve as it takes for EA customer support's hold queue to end.

I also have no idea what things to try during that ~5 min struggle. Unplugging/replugging? Switch chargers? Do nothing? Kick things? Anyone else experiencing this?

Wondering if anyone is having a harder time at EV charging stations with authorization for the free (VIN-specific?) lucid charging plan. It never happened to me before, and within the last few weeks it's happened every time, and seems to take exactly as long to resolve as it takes for EA customer support's hold queue to end.

I also have no idea what things to try during that ~5 min struggle. Unplugging/replugging? Switch chargers? Do nothing? Kick things? Anyone else experiencing this?
What issue exactly? Definitely do the plug dance

What issue exactly? Definitely do the plug dance
Plug dance but not charging station dance?

I don't remember the exact phrasing of the EA messages, but the failure behavior is it connects to the vehicle and then asks which form of payment I'd like to use, while displaying the price per kWh, with no option to "give me my free juice please". The expected behavior is that it connects, authorizes the car for free charging, and gets to work charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back