Electrify America is enraging EV owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard the EA CEO went on a roadtrip across country in an EV using EA charging. Why not spend that time looking into fixing the damn chargers!!

VW should be ashamed, everyone should push the narrative- if buy a VW EV, your experience will be like their charging network!!

Was VW ashamed during Diesel Gate?

My experience in the past year is abt 4 outta 10 times the EA charger will work.
And everyone there is hvg the same problem.
I hv never seen all the chargers working at one time.
There is always one or 2 broken here in all the SoCal locations.
I'm not sure what Lucid can do abt it.
I'm hoping they can strike a deal with Tesla that has an excellent network that worked for me flawlessly for 7 years.

Was VW ashamed during Diesel Gate?
Were any of the German car companies ashamed. They all did it. And some Brits. I read it had nothing to do with wanting to lie per sentence to the public about emissions. It was all about road use vehicle licensing taxes, which in the EU and UK are based on emissions. Fake the emissions to get the car into a lower tax bracket, car is more
attractive to buyers.

Were any of the German car companies ashamed. They all did it. And some Brits. I read it had nothing to do with wanting to lie per sentence to the public about emissions. It was all about road use vehicle licensing taxes, which in the EU and UK are based on emissions. Fake the emissions to get the car into a lower tax bracket, car is more
attractive to buyers.

Fake emission to get to lower tax bracket and was penalized for EA creation?

Possibility down the road have fake EPA range to get into more Fed emission credit subsidies and get penalized for free juice to public? Just saying… 😉

Fake emission to get to lower tax bracket and was penalized for EA creation?

Possibility down the road have fake EPA range to get into more Fed emission credit subsidies and get penalized for free juice to public? Just saying… 😉
I would love to know how US DOJ or VAG came up with EA as punishment. Sort of like your father saying to you in high school, for coming home drunk, you will take your third cousin to the prom

Well, I just got 6 150 brand new Signets at a new EA location in eastern Jefferson County Ky (Louisville). 2 are already inoperative, one gave me 150kw (15%SOC and preconditioned battery) fro about 5 minutes and then started bouncing from 60 to 100 before settling ay a bounce from 40 to 80. I have seen this signet shuffle in 5 states and it. is beyond me that they can't figure out a repair. Any road trip will result in more charging time than you might plan, IF the chargers are working. Not a reasonable situation.
A couple days ago I pulled 178 KW there and averaged 100KW over a 60 KWH charging session on the return leg of our road trip. The locals charging there told me they are really happy with it.

There are Tesla chargers in the aisle behind the EA chargers. Nice cable and connector but so short.

Agree, those out of spec guys know there is a signet charger issue. Why not plan a trip avoid those chargers? They want likes from Tesla fanboys....that makes them a lot of money!
I thought the same thing: I had the "signet surge" issue on an outbound trip, and on the return the same charger just refused to charge at all. So came on the forums to see if there were any maps that say which charger models exist at which EA locations. But then I hit another thread here (would have to search for it) that said that signet chargers actually perform better than the other EA models, and they were looking for info so that they could avoid the other models. So 🤷‍♂️

My turn to go at EA
I went down to my local EA this evening, the Target on W Division in Chicago, no cars there, I am in luck
Not in luck, all were turned off
Looks like they installed 5 new chargers (still have plastic over the plugs) and 1 previous gen remains
What is up with croaking the whole station, can't you stagger the installs to maintain some continuity?

My turn to go at EA
I went down to my local EA this evening, the Target on W Division in Chicago, no cars there, I am in luck
Looks like they installed 5 new chargers (still have plastic over the plugs) and 1 previous gen remains
What is up with croaking the whole station, can't you stagger the installs to maintain some continuity?

Transformer, inverter, maybe not fully updated complete. They just want to be cautious. You should see them up soon.

That message doesn’t drive rage and clicks… that’s how the $$$ is made.
Bingo! 💯💯

I don't think the EA issues is as much of an issue as these folks make it out to be. No one buying this car, at this price point, is exclusively DCFC it. If you're road tripping, EA isn't your only option. Although, I understand it's the only free option for Lucid owners.

My turn to go at EA
Probably not since they're probably all powered at the same time. They likely can't have that hot power live while ripping out the old cabinets.

Probably not since they're probably all powered at the same time. They likely can't have that hot power live while ripping out the old cabinets.
Then EA needs to redesign their sites so that they can only take down half or fewer of the stations for upgrades. There are certain sites that are critical for road-trips and EA needs to care of EVs during upgrades.

I don't think the EA issues is as much of an issue as these folks make it out to be. No one buying this car, at this price point, is exclusively DCFC it. If you're road tripping, EA isn't your only option. Although, I understand it's the only free option for Lucid owners.
I don't really get that myself. First of all, I'd never even buy an EV if I couldn't charge at home. The free EA is great and I use it myself half the time at home. But on a road trip, while free is definitely preferable, getting it charged quickly and reliably is what's important. And if you have the means to buy this car, then occasionally paying to charge the car if EA isn't working can't be that big of a financial burden.

I don't really get that myself. First of all, I'd never even buy an EV if I couldn't charge at home. The free EA is great and I use it myself half the time at home. But on a road trip, while free is definitely preferable, getting it charged quickly and reliably is what's important. And if you have the means to buy this car, then occasionally paying to charge the car if EA isn't working can't be that big of a financial burden.
My point exactly.

Haven't used EA charging for maybe 5 months now. They've been unreliable and sounds like it's even worse now. Will do a trip to Santa Barbara from Sacramento maybe later this month. I'm going to have to triple check that the EA chargers will be working on the way.

... Will do a trip to Santa Barbara from Sacramento maybe later this month. I'm going to have to triple check that the EA chargers will be working on the way.
There are enough EVGo charging stations along the way that you could ignore EA if you wish. You can set up plug-and-charge for the Lucid using EVGo's phone app.

Rivians were worse than me at EA

First, I Went to a newish EA station in Denver. We have very few. Colorado Mills. New style pedestals. 350kwh. Six pedestals, all worked. (Coloradans are gentler than Californians). I was already at 65% when I arrived, but wanted to see if I could get higher then the 70-90 kWh I pull at the few other EA I have been to. Nope. 75kw. But only took 5 mins from 65 to 75. Perhaps due to arriving at 65%.....

Parked two pedestals away from me, was a Rivian R1T. Pulling only a steady 40%!!! It Was at 50% SOC. It started at about 20 % and had been there an hour. An hour at new EA pedestals to go from 20 to 50!! It was 80 degrees out, perfect charging temp.

It's not just us.

I saw once at Madison, Texas. A Rivian R1T pulled in to use stall #2. I was using stall #1 pulling very low juice. I saw him shook his head and left. He told me it’s POS, couldn’t get hand shake. So I went to try his stall. Voila! I was pulling 170kW! EA stalls can be moody. His loss was my gain! 😂

I saw once at Madison, Texas. A Rivian R1T pulled in to use stall #2. I was using stall #1 pulling very low juice. I saw him shook his head and left. He told me it’s POS, couldn’t get hand shake. So I went to try his stall. Voila! I was pulling 170kW! EA stalls can be moody. His loss was my gain! 😂
We are driving supercomputers. Even with my new fancy Dells and W11 and Office, when I have a glitch, I just reboot. All sorted. Think of all the variables when one of 25 makes of EVs (some with outdated software) pulls into EA on any given day. Most seem to think Tesla superchargers are perfect - nope, just a very closed system. Plugging a $10-20k 100kwh lithium car battery into a third party, 350kwh high voltage DC FC charger IS NOT as straight forward as plugging your toaster in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back