EA is a f**kng joke

Yes, once I was in Austin EA saw a charging spot shared by 350kW and CHAdemo charger. A Nissan Leaf was on that spot. It was first time I found a 350kW charger in Texas. I was like C’mon turtle. After I finished charging 30 minutes to 80% on the other 150kW charger, I went to him and see if I can try it out there. “Dude chill. I’m only half way in.” Til today, 7 months owning Air I have yet tried a 350kW charge.
I have a 350KW charger 15 miles away from the house (it's 3 minute walk away from a watering hole🍺) below is the best I have seen, rolled into the station on milliamps 😅
IMG_4914.jpeg
IMG_4912.jpeg

Yes, once I was in Austin EA saw a charging spot shared by 350kW and CHAdemo charger. A Nissan Leaf was on that spot. It was first time I found a 350kW charger in Texas. I was like C’mon turtle. After I finished charging 30 minutes to 80% on the other 150kW charger, I went to him and see if I can try it out there. “Dude chill. I’m only half way in.” Til today, 7 months owning Air I have yet tried a 350kW charge.
You aren’t missing much. I was at 8% on a 350kwh EA and was seeing 228 max.

Somewhere in the forum I saw this picture and downloaded for my reference. 😳
698B694D-E1AB-4C79-99DF-E55D797181EB.jpeg

View attachment 7083
The “new” EA stations will hit this. But they are rare atm and EA specifically told me they have no plans to upgrade their infringements in the East Coast atm… (utterly ridiculous to hear)

The “new” EA stations will hit this. But they are rare atm and EA specifically told me they have no plans to upgrade their infringements in the East Coast atm… (utterly ridiculous to hear)
As a note, I encourage anyone who is disgruntled with the state of EA to call them out on social media while tagging their support and contact their support directly.

View attachment 7083
Wow, it's amazing what you can do with Photoshop! 🤣 😇

Seriously, I think that the car is starting at 11% is the key to the 336 kW. I am not comfortable going that low.

not sure ...maybe an investment into reliable charging ....that is what Musk did and that decision was essential to Tesla's success.
Well I think they could have done a more arduous reimbursement approach but I am sure all wanted to believe in more frictionless approach. In hindsight appears to have been a mistake to work with EA with approach that they are trying.

So guys - yesterday at a brand new BTC units at the Anthem Outlets Walmart here in AZ - plugged in super excited to see what speeds etc I may get, and very sadly for the first time, I got that dreaded Authentication Error message 5 times in a row within a few seconds of me plugging the cable into the car. Called EA and they seemed like they'd never heard of the issue (perhaps just this rep specifically). However they tried restarting the unit and taking away the "complimentary session" that showed up on the screen coz of their Thanksgiving goodwill. I kinda remembered reading here that one of the issues maybe with that free session. In any case, they could not get my car to initiate charging and warm transferred the call to a Lucid CC rep! That rep had me try to use the app to initiate charging and that didn't work with the first try. He asked me to move to another spot that had finally opened up (BTC again) and magically - plugged in the cable - started charging. What is the latest on how to overcome this the next time I timidly go there for charging?

So guys - yesterday at a brand new BTC units at the Anthem Outlets Walmart here in AZ - plugged in super excited to see what speeds etc I may get, and very sadly for the first time, I got that dreaded Authentication Error message 5 times in a row within a few seconds of me plugging the cable into the car. Called EA and they seemed like they'd never heard of the issue (perhaps just this rep specifically). However they tried restarting the unit and taking away the "complimentary session" that showed up on the screen coz of their Thanksgiving goodwill. I kinda remembered reading here that one of the issues maybe with that free session. In any case, they could not get my car to initiate charging and warm transferred the call to a Lucid CC rep! That rep had me try to use the app to initiate charging and that didn't work with the first try. He asked me to move to another spot that had finally opened up (BTC again) and magically - plugged in the cable - started charging. What is the latest on how to overcome this the next time I timidly go there for charging?
Seems like each unit has it's own personality. Best bet is if you get an authentication error is to try a different unit. If none work at a location, you can try calling or move on.

Just noticed that EA is down in Santa Clarita Walmart while they're upgrading the chargers to the new units. They're all installed so hopefully the site will be back online soon. Will be interested to test these out as the chargers at this location have been notoriously bad with outages, power limitations etc.

Also, some good news and some bad news:

Good news: EA is upgrading rapidly!

Bad news: There’s no proper public communication on the upgrades or insight into how their being rolled out. There’s also no insight into how their addressing overall maintenance.

I will be passing here soon going back to Houston, I’ll check out what this new generation of Ultra-Speed chargers is all about. Maybe I’ll finally get lucky with 350kW.
A6516ABF-D8B1-414A-BCE7-E1F505A72BF6.jpeg

Back