Lucid Issue with Free 3 Year Electrify America Charging - Air Touring Ordered March, 2022

Looks like they are cracking down on the free charging. I got a 23 Pure in April of this year and so far have been using EA with no issues as recent as last week. Will try out today and see what gives.

One strange change I noticed was on a station I frequented, it charged without any issue but the last time I charged I had to authenticate via the app.

Your case however seems like someone made a mistake.

Looks like they are cracking down on the free charging. I got a 23 Pure in April of this year and so far have been using EA with no issues as recent as last week. Will try out today and see what gives.

One strange change I noticed was on a station I frequented, it charged without any issue but the last time I charged I had to authenticate via the app.
I’ve been having the same authentication issues for the last 2 weeks at chargers that never had this issue. I’ve had to use the Lucid app to complete the authentication. The first time it happened I mistakenly used the EA app and was charged. They later credited me the charge when I called EA customer service. I had a CC on file from our i4 free charging, which has since expired.

So worst case is you might have to spend less than $100 out of pocket until you know? I get it, you don’t want to spend anything if you are entitled to free charging, but if it takes longer than you want, it isn’t like it will cost you $5k. Don’t let it ruin your trip - they will either take care of it and you will be happy or they won’t and you’ll be unhappy and out a few bucks. My bet is they fix it and reimburse you, it just might take a little longer than you want.

Did you try a different station?
Have not yet had a need to. Will on Saturday. I would have more confidence if the Lucid customer rep I first talked to hadn’t insisted that Lucid’s records indicated that I only had 1 year of free service (which is absolutely wrong). My Lucid App confirms that I have 3 years of free service.
Could you elaborate on "terminated"? What message did it give you?
I failed to insert a credit card timely and the connection terminated. So, I had to start the connection process yet again and it, once again, asked me to provide a form of payment since the Lucid didn’t initiate plug and charge for me.

I’ve been having the same authentication issues for the last 2 weeks at chargers that never had this issue. I’ve had to use the Lucid app to complete the authentication. The first time it happened I mistakenly used the EA app and was charged. They later credited me the charge when I called EA customer service. I had a CC on file from our i4 free charging, which has since expired.
Interesting. You called EA for the refund, not Lucid? I will give that a try, as well. Thanks!

Have not yet had a need to. Will on Saturday. I would have more confidence if the Lucid customer rep I first talked to hadn’t insisted that Lucid’s records indicated that I only had 1 year of free service (which is absolutely wrong). My Lucid App confirms that I have 3 years of free service.

I failed to insert a credit card timely and the connection terminated. So, I had to start the connection process yet again and it, once again, asked me to provide a form of payment since the Lucid didn’t initiate plug and charge for me. We
Did you try and initiate the charge from the Lucid app?

Did you try a different station
I have not yet tried a different station. Will be doing that on Saturday on the drive home. I’m not sure what I could do differently if my Lucid App is open when I try to charge other than to use the App to literally open the charging port on the car instead of doing that from the car itself. Regardless, I do appreciate everyone’s suggestions and will give all of them a try on Saturday and report back. Thank you all!

I have not yet tried a different station. Will be doing that on Saturday on the drive home. I’m not sure what I could do differently if my Lucid App is open when I try to charge other than to use the App to literally open the charging port on the car instead of doing that from the car itself. Regardless, I do appreciate everyone’s suggestions and will give all of them a try on Saturday and report back. Thank you all!
The app being open doesn't initiate the charge. You need to go to the charging tab in the app then choose the station you are plugged into in the Lucid app. There is a white Electrify America button that pops up if Plug N Charge doesn't work.

The app being open doesn't initiate the charge. You need to go to the charging tab in the app then choose the station you are plugged into in the Lucid app. There is a white Electrify America button that pops up if Plug N Charge doesn't work.
Thanks for that explanation. Will definitely give that a try. When I last use Electrify America successfully over a year ago, the Plug and Charge just worked without my having to go through this step so I never learned it. Will report back after Saturday. Thanks again!

Did you try a different station?
I’ll be trying a different station later today as I’ll be on another road trip. Regardless, I’m very disappointed that I have not heard back from Lucid since bringing this to their attention on 2 separate phone calls on Tuesday and after sending emails to them confirming that I am supposed to have 3 years of free Electrify America service and requesting a refund for the Electrify America bill incurred. I know that the 4th of July holiday was Thursday, but that is hardly en excuse for not getting back to me on this simple matter for 4 days. The experience has not been confidence inspiring. It’s not as if I’ve reached out to complain about my vehicle since taking ownership 15+ months ago. I had been a good soldier during that time, exercising patience with the company to address minor vehicle issues until my car went in for its annual service and avoided being a PITA, if you know what I mean.

I’ll be trying a different station later today as I’ll be on another road trip. Regardless, I’m very disappointed that I have not heard back from Lucid since bringing this to their attention on 2 separate phone calls on Tuesday and after sending emails to them confirming that I am supposed to have 3 years of free Electrify America service and requesting a refund for the Electrify America bill incurred. I know that the 4th of July holiday was Thursday, but that is hardly en excuse for not getting back to me on this simple matter for 4 days. The experience has not been confidence inspiring. It’s not as if I’ve reached out to complain about my vehicle since taking ownership 15+ months ago. I had been a good soldier during that time, exercising patience with the company to address minor vehicle issues until my car went in for its annual service and avoided being a PITA, if you know what I mean.
At this point, I would try the remedies suggested above and then go from there. No reason to add extra stress onto an issue that crops up as infrequently as you've saidm. Authentication issues happen and we as the end users are not privy to who is really responsible.

At this point, I would try the remedies suggested above and then go from there. No reason to add extra stress onto an issue that crops up as infrequently as you've saidm. Authentication issues happen and we as the end users are not privy to who is really responsible.
Had I not been told by a Lucid customer service rep that Lucid’s internal records show that I only had free Electrify America service for 1 year, I would be less concerned. (And THAT customer service representative was quite insistent that I was wrong.) But, having been told that and provided proof to Lucid that their records are in error, it is disconcerting that I have not heard back from Lucid recognizing that their records are in error and providing me assurances that their records have now been corrected. Honestly, that is what really gets my goat at this point.

Agreed, I think both the EA issue and the CS issue were unfortunate one-offs. EA+Lucid don't know how to bill us right now. I don't think the system exists yet. So that CS rep just didn't know what's going on.
Also don't forget that you sometimes have to open your Lucid app while at the EA station to press the "Electrify America" button that appears. You only have to do this if it doesn't automatically recognize your car, but it should get the charge started without you needing to touch the EA app.
I’ve had sessions fail to authenticate similar to how this situation sounds. Sometimes the app will allow a me to start the session and other times the network did not recognize the failed attempt. I was always able to move to another charger where plug and charge was successfull.

Back