EA is a f**kng joke

Since the stations on both sides of him are in use without issue, seems ok.
It is not okay by any stretch.
These white lines are there for a reason.
I've seen a supercar being keyed just because of that.

Doesn’t make it right. If it were the old stations without the long cable then he’d be taking up 2 chargers.
You don't know who was parked how when he got there. Charging cables and the spaces don't always align for different cars with charge points in different locations. I've had to straddle a strip due to how someone else was parked and also with the shorter cables having to park outside the lines so the cable would reach. With those long cables they should re-stripe with the charge in the center of the space.

Some of the EA stations have drive thru spaces so you can approach from either direction based on which side the charger port is.
That is a nice set up.
IMG_1974.jpg

You don't know who was parked how when he got there. Charging cables and the spaces don't always align for different cars with charge points in different locations. I've had to straddle a strip due to how someone else was parked and also with the shorter cables having to park outside the lines so the cable would reach. With those long cables they should re-stripe with the charge in the center of the space.

Some of the EA stations have drive thru spaces so you can approach from either direction based on which side the charger port is.
That is a nice set up.View attachment 7518
Are you suggesting that he was forced to park like that?
Hard to believe.

That is a nice set up.View attachment 7518
Yes, some chargers are awkward to position your car to get the cable to reach. I’ve been in those situations where I’ve pulled in behind chargers etc. to get them to reach. These chargers are not like that and he’s in an ID4 which has the port in the ideal location similar to Tesla.

Watch the video, he walks up without a care in the world, just unplugs and drives across the entire parking lot to get out. Clearly lane/line markings mean nothing to him.

Are you suggesting that he was forced to park like that?
Hard to believe.
After a year of charging on the road with about 8k miles on road trips, I have scene many things that were once hard to believe.

He very well may be an asshat.

Yup. New stations are already going off line. The Santa Clarita Walmart EA had a station whose screen was flickering on and off and unresponsive.

The more I read about EA, the more nervous I feel about leaving the Tesla ecosystem. Which is a shame, because Musk is a ...

But I need reliable charging for road trips - we drive up and down the East coast with some regularity, and the idea of being stuck because of an EA fail is concerning.
You can always use other charger systems while waiting for EA to get its act together. They just won't be free.

I got the same 3 years of EA on my Genesis GV60 Performance. But I don't do much long distance travel.

EA has issues with other EVs too:
Screenshot 2022-12-17 8.27.14 AM.png

Maybe we need to somehow get Elon to tweet about how much better the SC network is compared to EA for the mainstream media to actually report on how bad it is and give EA a PR nightmare. Nothing else seems to work these days…..

Maybe we need to somehow get Elon to tweet about how much better the SC network is compared to EA for the mainstream media to actually report on how bad it is and give EA a PR nightmare. Nothing else seems to work these days…..
Lol, good idea.

You people scared me, but I've charged flawlessly at our local EA chargers at the Plymouth Meeting mall (near the Boscovs loading dock). I wonder if it's the car software? I saw a Porsche Tycan there on the phone, he switched chargers and went back on the phone. Turns out he had to pay to get it to charge (he was pissed). This is only 6 miles from the house on a route I travel often, so I'm going to rip my Juice Box out and give it to my daughter as a Winter Solstice gift. The wife says I can not present the gift singing the SNL Justin Timberlake song: " I put my shock in a box for you." Is that wrong?

EA chargers at Plymouth Meeting mall, PA.

I meant to say they are 150Kw and ~50Kw. One was out of service. Cables on the back units are too short to reach our ports front park or back in.

Station in Pasadena is a joke. Four machines, one hasn't worked for week. When I called last week the rep said all four had open tickets. No ETA on getting anyone out.

also it constantly has "complementary mode" turned on, so people park at it and just idle. Last time I was there three of the four had people idling in them. While waiting, a Tesla driver came and parked at the fourth one (it wasn't working, but she didn't know that), and just jumped out and left. Like she thinks the spaces are just priority parking for anyone with an EV.

Stopped at the charger in Baker CA this weekend and was happy to get a 350W charger. Except it was only charging at 3-5W. lol.

Back