EA is a f**kng joke

In the app, you can tell they have been upgraded by how many cables are on each station, too. Older ones show two per station. Newer ones show only one like the pic below:
F9A5049D-1B36-46AC-A535-7EC0A91270E5.png

LOL!

1669661367416.png

In the app, you can tell they have been upgraded by how many cables are on each station, too. Older ones show two per station. Newer ones show only one like the pic below:
View attachment 7108
The only thing you can't tell by the look of it is if all these chargers are power sharing or they're 350Kw each. I noticed on Twitter EA says "balanced" when announcing some locations but not others so not 100% sure if they're all balanced or some locations are and others aren't.

The only thing you can't tell by the look of it is if all these chargers are power sharing or they're 350Kw each. I noticed on Twitter EA says "balanced" when announcing some locations but not others so not 100% sure if they're all balanced or some locations are and others aren't.
They sort of elaborate. They do power share, if 1 car is at a "shared" station, all of them are capable of providing the full 350 kW.. if 2 vehicles are at a shared station they split into 2 separate 150 kW feeds.

Definitely report back your experience. I've only viewed Kyle's personal experience on the "new" chargers.
About to go there soon. Already found some inconsistency. 🤞

Lucid mobile app says:
BE03B30B-2339-4DE9-B262-0A25C0A7B9D1.jpeg

EA app says:
943243EC-96FD-4FB9-B72E-05B01A90BC45.png

I was under the impression that all of EA's new charger replacements/installations were 350kW balanced units. If that's true they didn't need those confusing Ultra/Hyper stickers for very long.

I was under the impression that all of EA's new charger replacements/installations were 350kW balanced units. If that's true they didn't need those confusing Ultra/Hyper stickers for very long.
I think they noted the CHAdeMO units are the only exception.

I got here. These new generation of EA chargers doesn’t look like Dyson fan as before.
5CBD31DA-C18C-4461-AF3E-479CF3AF9568.jpeg

Handshake connection had no issue at all (This is my first time use a 350kW)
A448A934-EB08-44C4-A413-FB616BE04A4A.jpeg

And you can pull the charging dispenser really far unlike previous generation.
1420E758-309C-497F-ACB8-2AC085175B74.jpeg

87C04DA2-2200-49F6-A502-8BF26E927EAF.jpeg

Only able to do this speed.

17091BFE-D37B-4F71-A479-C43E2140D18B.jpeg

Then I remembered this charging curve, so the only way to get that kind of speed is get 20% SOC or lower. Anyway, I’m happy for this for now. Going to use some Walmart break then back on the road. Last time I was here was 5 months ago and chargers had issues not working. Now is all brand new, hope EA will maintain well.

I got here. These new generation of EA chargers doesn’t look like Dyson fan as before.
View attachment 7124
View attachment 7126
View attachment 7125
View attachment 7127

View attachment 7132

Then I remembered this charging curve, so the only way to get that kind of speed is get 20% SOC or lower. Anyway, I’m happy for this for now. Going to use some Walmart break then back on the road. Last time I was here was 5 months ago and chargers had issues not working. Now is all brand new, hope EA will maintain well.
This seems positive so far!

View attachment 7124
View attachment 7126
View attachment 7125
View attachment 7127

View attachment 7132

Interesting text on the lower right of EA screen noting “Charge speed requested by your vehicle” to kinda say “hey, it’s not us!”

Interesting text on the lower right of EA screen noting “Charge speed requested by your vehicle” to kinda say “hey, it’s not us!”
They've had that for ages and it basically mimicked the charging speed. I suspect it was put in for EA to use as an excuse to blame the car to get you off their back. At 47% the car should be pulling closer to 200 but this could be the max given the car wasn't pre-conditioned

They've had that for ages and it basically mimicked the charging speed. I suspect it was put in for EA to use as an excuse to blame the car to get you off their back....
It's probably so that Bolt and ID.4 owners don't call EA customer service to ask why their cars are only charging at 48kW rather than 350kW.

Also, some good news and some bad news:

Good news: EA is upgrading rapidly!

Bad news: There’s no proper public communication on the upgrades or insight into how their being rolled out. There’s also no insight into how their addressing overall maintenance.
Further bad news, some of the new stations are already going down… and blowing fuses on vehicles

Further bad news, some of the new stations are already going down… and blowing fuses on vehicles
How obnoxious is that ID4 owner to park like that!

Since the stations on both sides of him are in use without issue, seems ok.
Doesn’t make it right. If it were the old stations without the long cable then he’d be taking up 2 chargers.

Back