EA is a f**kng joke

fwiw - I’ve charged at two of their (what I think) newer chargers and they have been flawless. To give them the benefit of doubt, I want to say they are on the right track.

I was at Baker, CA yesterday and there was a Tesla station that was packed full. It had 40 chargers and all of them were full with people waiting in a line for their turn. It’s impressive that all 40 of their chargers were working. Couple of Tesla owners came to EA site to charge. EA station had only 12 chargers and more than half of them were unused. Once EV becomes mainstream I don’t know how they are going to keep up with the demand with 12 stations.
How is all of the chargers working “impressive”. This should be expected.

It would worry me if I was traveling. But I would be more worried if I did not have an Air and only got 250-300 miles of range.
You mean like this? (This is from 100%-10% when using HA locked at 75 on the highway from Georgia to Florida). Might want to rethink that statement as EA station reliability was my # 1 frustration on this road trip. That, and the obvious gap in chargers between Savanna GA and Florida.

Attachments

• 8E32B738-DCAF-48B5-8003-B79B3E1BD879.jpeg
    8E32B738-DCAF-48B5-8003-B79B3E1BD879.jpeg
    910.3 KB · Views: 109
You mean like this? (This is from 100%-10% when using HA locked at 75 on the highway from Georgia to Florida). Might want to rethink that statement as EA station reliability was my # 1 frustration on this road trip. That, and the obvious gap in chargers between Savanna GA and Florida.
That seems lower than normal. Even with my DEP, 21" wheels and no aero covers, I get 3.1mi/kwh with ACC set to 80. 75 will get me 3.3-3.4.

Today I did 3.8 mi/kwh at 65 mph. A few hills, but net elevation change just -78ft over 48.6 miles. 21". EA has been rock solid for my 9 sessions so far.

kwh.png

That seems lower than normal. Even with my DEP, 21" wheels and no aero covers, I get 3.1mi/kwh with ACC set to 80. 75 will get me 3.3-3.4.
Maybe because of temperature, he dropped to 3.0?
I have similar result as yours but -0.5 overall since temperature dropped below 55F.

How is all of the chargers working “impressive”. This should be expected.
A line at the Baker Tesla chargers? Wow.. I moved to Henderson in 2018 and on our frequent drives to CA, would use Baker charging sometimes. There were times that I was the only one charging there. Same at Yermo and Santa Clarita. After the 3's and the Y's popped up like mushrooms, now you have to wait in line especially on weekends.

Maybe because of temperature, he dropped to 3.0?
I have similar result as yours but -0.5 overall since temperature dropped below 55F.
Not really tied to temperature. This is pretty consistent with what I’ve been getting overall. You can see the lifetime average of my vehicle below which is 2.9.

Also going to emphasize how bad and dangerous using the vehicles estimated mileage and map planning is as it’s route planning would have easily stranded us.

This is all on an AGT with 21” wheels.

Not really tied to temperature. This is pretty consistent with what I’ve been getting overall. You can see the lifetime average of my vehicle below which is 2.9.

Also going to emphasize how bad and dangerous using the vehicles estimated mileage and map planning is as it’s route planning would have easily stranded us.

I second that. We accounted for about 110-130 miles extra between stops even though the onboard planner always said we'd reach with let's say 50-60 miles to spare. We quickly realized that was completely innacurate and gave ourselves at least 110 miles extra.

I second that. We accounted for about 110-130 miles extra between stops even though the onboard planner always said we'd reach with let's say 50-60 miles to spare. We quickly realized that was completely innacurate and gave ourselves at least 110 miles extra.
What they should have done is let you toggle between WLTP Or EPA range to your Real-World range estimate based on your past driving habits.

I like how Polestar 2 is done, it decrement 10 miles each drop on instrument cluster; then on infotainment screen, it gives you range estimator app to show your instantaneous energy consumption and estimate your miles range based on that.

I suppose Lucid took out that efficiency mi/kWh # from instrument cluster to replace something later as they are brewing all the new stuffs coming.

What they should have done is let you toggle between WLTP Or EPA range to your Real-World range estimate based on your past driving habits.

I like how Polestar 2 is done, it decrement 10 miles each drop on instrument cluster; then on infotainment screen, it gives you range estimator app to show your instantaneous energy consumption and estimate your miles range based on that.

I suppose Lucid took out that efficiency mi/kWh # from instrument cluster to replace something later as they are brewing all the new stuffs coming.
Yeah, I think they figured out how inaccurate the efficiency estimate was and decided to remove it from that main cluster until they can improve it.

I’m a believer in bad information being worse than no information. But I do hope they get it back there soon, with much greater accuracy.

I’m also thinking that the impending opening up of Tesla superchargers to all EVs will be extremely convenient, depending on the implementation of course.

I’m also thinking that the impending opening up of Tesla superchargers to all EVs will be extremely convenient, depending on the implementation of course.
We're all hoping that Tesla will open their superchargers, but there has been no actual hard information on when and how this will be done, ever. Could easily be 1-2 years away if it happens.

I have actually had fair to good luck with EA charging (Evergreen Park, Orland Park, Joliet, IL) my biggest issue is rental KIA's that are being used by Lyft and Uber drivers charging to 100%, WTF waiting 30 minutes to go from 97% to 100%. I've actually asked a couple of drivers who are into the 90's if they are going all the way to 100%, both times they said they were all good with opening up the spot now.

How can EA not be a big joke when PlugShare has more info about EA chargers than the EA website itself?
EA in Moreno Valley and Indio are out according PlugShare but no notice is listed on EA.
This is totally absurd, reflecting poor performance and no attention to details, or worse complete lack of care for the customers.

Yes, once I was in Austin EA saw a charging spot shared by 350kW and CHAdemo charger. A Nissan Leaf was on that spot. It was first time I found a 350kW charger in Texas. I was like C’mon turtle. After I finished charging 30 minutes to 80% on the other 150kW charger, I went to him and see if I can try it out there. “Dude chill. I’m only half way in.” Til today, 7 months owning Air I have yet tried a 350kW charge.

Back