Delivery Delayed Due To Some Additional Testing

1stEV

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I was supposed to pick up my Lucid today but I just got a call that they would need to delay it for a few days because they are being required to do some additional testing (sounds like across their fleet). Has anyone else experienced this?

It caught me by surprise so I didn't think to ask any real detailed questions about it unfortunately.

After my vehicle got to my local center they wanted a few days to go over the vehicle, test it and inspect the fit and finish and also detail the car. I was fine with this so when I picked it up there was nothing to complain about. Car was in excellent condition waiting for me.

Ya I'm definitely happy they are making sure everything is in order before delivery. I was just surprised by how last minute the delay was (I got the call 1.5 hours before pickup).

Ya I'm definitely happy they are making sure everything is in order before delivery. I was just surprised by how last minute the delay was (I got the call 1.5 hours before pickup).
This may indeed be a thing that delays a lot of us. I just got a call that they will need to reschedule my delivery that was supposed to happen Tuesday, for the same vague reason. Additional testing needed. My guess is they discovered an issue on some of the latest batches, and they don’t yet know how many of the cars are effected.

Anyone have any updates on what it could be?
I was told they will call me Monday or Tuesday when they have more information. I’m really hoping this a one or two day thing.

I suggest we don’t all panic until we find out more.

And at least for myself, I’m trying to keep in mind that getting the car and then immediately having to send it back for service would totally suck. So if they need to double check one more time for a specific thing, let them do it.

I was also told I should get a call on Monday to reschedule delivery, for what it's worth.

I was also told I should get a call on Monday to reschedule delivery, for what it's worth.
Looking at the Touring delivery tracker, some folks are still getting delivered as of today. And others are still getting notifications of VINs, PDI completions, etc. So this can’t be a massive widespread issue. Probably specific to our batches, which would have completed production a few weeks ago. I really hope it’s just a spot check.

My DA told me yesterday, my car was ready and good to go, then this morning she said no ETA, fleet wide delivery pause. So I hope we get delivery before year end. It’s not exactly an easy and short drive to Torrence, CA to pick up with LA traffic.

Looking at the Touring delivery tracker, some folks are still getting delivered as of today. And others are still getting notifications of VINs, PDI completions, etc. So this can’t be a massive widespread issue. Probably specific to our batches, which would have completed production a few weeks ago. I really hope it’s just a spot check.
Batches based on exterior or interior color or do you think it's a software issue? I remember reading someone in the Touring tracker was told their Touring would not take the latest update.

I think maybe just some minor software issue testing out. The latest 2.0.36 did have some random hiccups to few cars. It turned off some features in DreamDrive settings causing warning messages on dashboard that I personally had to turn those settings back on. I’m sure Lucid wants to ensure best new ownership experience.

I think maybe just some minor software issue testing out. The latest 2.0.36 did have some random hiccups to few cars. It turned off some features in DreamDrive settings causing warning messages on dashboard that I personally had to turn those settings back on. I’m sure Lucid wants to ensure best new ownership experience.
I just wish they were transparent, not a 1 hour call before delivery, with no reason other than more testing. -_-

Agreed. This makes alot of sense though for why I my DA can't figure out why my build is delayed as much as it is given where I am in reserving, ordering, and finalizing. It's weird, my upload insurance button has been active since my car went into production via the dashboard last Saturday yet no Vin# has been officially emailed to me or shown up on my dashboard.

I talked to my DA (who is off today) and he was unaware of any issues other than an unspecified issue with either a trunk or frunk actuator. He was unaware of any delivery delays….

Agreed. This makes alot of sense though for why I my DA can't figure out why my build is delayed as much as it is given where I am in reserving, ordering, and finalizing. It's weird, my upload insurance button has been active since my car went into production via the dashboard last Saturday yet no Vin# has been officially emailed to me or shown up on my dashboard.
The insurance upload button is active on my AT order, but it is a metal roof and Mojave interior etc, Preparing for Production. So the upload button is a red herring.

I spoke with my DA this morning who told me there was an issue with the trunk affecting a batch of cars including mine. They were waiting on a part which apparently arrived and they fixed mine this morning. He told me that production of my car is now complete (even though the website still says "In Production". Hopefully the car will be on its way to Chicago soon for PDI and then on to Tysons Corner by EOY.

I spoke with my DA this morning who told me there was an issue with the trunk affecting a batch of cars including mine. They were waiting on a part which apparently arrived and they fixed mine this morning. He told me that production of my car is now complete (even though the website still says "In Production". Hopefully the car will be on its way to Chicago soon for PDI and then on to Tysons Corner by EOY.
That's good to hear as mine is also held up waiting for this trunk part. My car was already shipped to a service center prior to home delivery so I'm assuming they have to ship the part there now for it to be installed.

Back