Delivery Delayed Due To Some Additional Testing

Same thing happened to me... scheduled delivery last Saturday and got a call from them while I was already 10 minutes away from the Studio. It's been 3 days since and still no update on my car. Frustrating...

Same thing happened to me... scheduled delivery last Saturday and got a call from them while I was already 10 minutes away from the Studio. It's been 3 days since and still no update on my car. Frustrating...
I got an update from my DA this morning. It seems to be an issue with the trunk that affected a batch of Tourings. Apparently It’s a easy fix, but getting the part to the service center seems to be what is causing the delay. It looks like it could be an additional 3-5 days for the part.

I got an update from my DA this morning. It seems to be an issue with the trunk that affected a batch of Tourings. Apparently It’s a easy fix, but getting the part to the service center seems to be what is causing the delay. It looks like it could be an additional 3-5 days for the part.

I also heard the same thing from my DA today. They were hoping to get the part in the next day or two so fingers crossed I can still pick it up this week.

I told them I don't mind taking the car now and just come back when the part arrives, but they said it's not possible... I got the PPF scheduled with my detailer next week and if I can't make it on that day, I'll have to wait for several weeks before they can put PPF on my car...

I told them I don't mind taking the car now and just come back when the part arrives, but they said it's not possible... I got the PPF scheduled with my detailer next week and if I can't make it on that day, I'll have to wait for several weeks before they can put PPF on my car...

I'm still waiting on if this is the reason for my delay or not. But if it is, I'm going to suggest paying for the vehicle and let them keep it there until the part comes in. This EOY dash is stressful!! LOL

Got a call today saying the issue has been fixed. On my way to pick it up. So only was about a 4 day delay, since the original pickup date of Saturday

Got a call today saying the issue has been fixed. On my way to pick it up. So only was about a 4 day delay, since the original pickup date of Saturday
I guess that’s not too bad. I ended up with an 8-day delay. I think that’s mostly because my service center where the PDI is being done is no where near my delivery studio, though. So they had to reschedule transport up to Denver. Likely the Holiday played into that, too.

Beautiful car. Way better than I remember it when I test drove it. Quality is perfect

Glad to hear they got your car taken care of so quickly and that you're enjoying it!

I'm still waiting to hear back on my new date, but I'm still hopeful for this week 🤞🤞.

I guess that’s not too bad. I ended up with an 8-day delay. I think that’s mostly because my service center where the PDI is being done is no where near my delivery studio, though. So they had to reschedule transport up to Denver. Likely the Holiday played into that, too.
Hope you get your car soon!

I got the call that it was ready yesterday and was able to pick my car up in the evening! Looking forward to putting it through its paces today.

On a side note, my DA told me that the 20" wheels reduce efficiency by only 4%. I'm not sure if that is accurate, but its less than I was expecting so that was a pleasant surprise.

I got the call that it was ready yesterday and was able to pick my car up in the evening! Looking forward to putting it through its paces today.

On a side note, my DA told me that the 20" wheels reduce efficiency by only 4%. I'm not sure if that is accurate, but its less than I was expecting so that was a pleasant surprise.
Wow. So only about a 17-mile hit? That's not bad at all, if true.

I wonder what the hit would be when you take out the aero covers?

I was told they will call me Monday or Tuesday when they have more information. I’m really hoping this a one or two day thing.

I suggest we don’t all panic until we find out more.

And at least for myself, I’m trying to keep in mind that getting the car and then immediately having to send it back for service would totally suck. So if they need to double check one more time for a specific thing, let them do it.
I spoke with my DA this morning who told me there was an issue with the trunk affecting a batch of cars including mine. They were waiting on a part which apparently arrived and they fixed mine this morning. He told me that production of my car is now complete (even though the website still says "In Production". Hopefully the car will be on its way to Chicago soon for PDI and then on to Tysons Corner by EOY.
Hi, I got a message today that my model Y has been delivered to the delivery location and i need to reserve a date for pick up. When i checked online, the latest pick up is 3/30. I am not yet ready to get the car yet for personal reasons and i didnt expect it to be delivered so soon. Had placed the order 10 days ago. The message also says that if i dont select a date, it will do so for me. Can i reschedule the pick up date once it been set? Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I got a message today that my model Y has been delivered to the delivery location and i need to reserve a date for pick up. When i checked online, the latest pick up is 3/30. I am not yet ready to get the car yet for personal reasons and i didnt expect it to be delivered so soon. Had placed the order 10 days ago tesla delivery. The message also says that if i dont select a date, it will do so for me. Can i reschedule the pick up date once it been set? Thanks,
Uh, wrong forum, but grats!

Hi, I got a message today that my model Y has been delivered to the delivery location and i need to reserve a date for pick up. When i checked online, the latest pick up is 3/30. I am not yet ready to get the car yet for personal reasons and i didnt expect it to be delivered so soon. Had placed the order 10 days ago tesla delivery. The message also says that if i dont select a date, it will do so for me. Can i reschedule the pick up date once it been set? Thanks,
Our condolences for your impending delivery 🤷‍♀️

I took delivery of my GT in Sept. '22.
I am not afraid to be a Beta-tester / early adopter. This car is special.

First week it had brick failures which seemed to "fix" after doing reset.
Happened 4 more times (I am ashamed about those posts = lost my mind)
... during which Mobile Service spent 2 trips trying to diagnose with laptop...probably 6 or 8 hours total Mobile Service time.
Car was trucked to Mechanicsville, VA (from Philly) for diagnosis / control module replacement.
They kept it for an entire week. (note that I was using mobile app to see where my car was, and track it's progress down and back.
{.. Tip: don't forget to take your EZ pass out before it goes on the truck.}

Has not only been flawless since, the updates have made it "even more perfect"

So if Lucid wants to keep your car a bit longer ... let them.

Last edited:
Back