Charging Speed

menodude

Cars
Lucid air touring
I have tried charging at 3 different EA chargers 150-350kw. (after pre conditioning, weather around 45 degrees)
The charging on lucid gets limited to 75kw.
I have called EA during the charge and had their chargers rebooted without change.
I was told prior vehicles using the same chargers charged at higher KW.
I changed to one that a VW was charging around 130kw, but that charger also limited to 75kw.
Posting pictures.
My understaindg was Lucid charged much faster than a Tesla, but in reality, its not happeing,
I am not sure if there are settings on the car to be changed.

Attachments

• IMG-4874.jpg
    IMG-4874.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG-4875.jpg
    IMG-4875.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG-4876.jpg
    IMG-4876.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 141
I have tried charging at 3 different EA chargers 150-350kw. (after pre conditioning, weather around 45 degrees)
I have called EA during the charge and had their chargers rebooted without change.
I changed to one that a VW was charging around 130kw, but that charger also limited to 75kw.
Posting pictures.
My understaindg was Lucid charged much faster than a Tesla, but in reality, its not happeing,
Nothing to change. If you are at a station with 2 cables, try swapping cables. Each cable is operated independent of the other and have their own chips. If you are stuck at 75kw, it most likely means the liquid cooling on the cable is not working and the station will limit itself to 75kw so it doesn't melt the cable.

G
Nothing to change. If you are at a station with 2 cables, try swapping cables. Each cable is operated independent of the other and have their own chips. If you are stuck at 75kw, it most likely means the liquid cooling on the cable is not working and the station will limit itself to 75kw so it doesn't melt the cable.
Got it! but if a VW can charge at 130KW, on the same charger, not sure if the cable would be the problem though

Posting pictures.
Display the % and not the miles as you would on a phone. Estimated battery life on the phone is meaningless. Likewise, the estimated range is EPA based which you don't get. That said, unless you really need to travel long distances, you can expect about 1.5 to 2 kWh of charge or about 1.5% per minute these days at a 150 or even 350kW EA charger if you charge from 20% to 60 or 70%. If the ambient temperature is 60F or more when you charge, you will not see much difference in the charging speed whether you pre condition or not but 50F or below it can matter. Hope this helps. Look at the current lucid charge curve as a guidance.
1683044800180.png

Also, here is data I collected so far.
1683044861558.png

G

Got it! but if a VW can charge at 130KW, on the same charger, not sure if the cable would be the problem though
Keep in mind that the charger has to closely match the car's battery voltage. We are starting to learn that some EA chargers are having problems with 800-900 volt cars. Just because the charger works well with the VW, does not mean that there is not an issue with the EA charger that will impact charging for a Lucid.

G

Did the VW use the same cable on the same charger?

I am also experiencing similar issues these days(since two months ago probably) When I use 150kwh, charging speed is always stuck around 40 kwh.(270-280 charging speed with 350kwh station) So I called EA’s customer support team but they don’t have any idea because other vehicles got higher charging speed on same station.
If I reach out to lucid support team, they could help?

I am also experiencing similar issues these days(since two months ago probably) When I use 150kwh, charging speed is always stuck around 40 kwh.(270-280 charging speed with 350kwh station) So I called EA’s customer support team but they don’t have any idea because other vehicles got higher charging speed on same station.
If I reach out to lucid support team, they could help?
Be aware that one cable on a two cable dispenser may only be capable of say 40-60 kW, while the other cable on the same dispenser can operate at full speed. This can happen if one cable has a bad cooling loop.

I had this weird thing happen today. I was at a 150kW charger. It would bounce from the 30s-90s. I am familiar with this and thought the latest software updates fixed it. I took this video. Then...when it hit 20% SOC it jumped to a steady 167kw! Hooray! No issues in the rest of the charge. First time seeing this and I have 5k miles driven in my Lucid. Anyone else?

Edit: video couldn't upload

I had this weird thing happen today. I was at a 150kW charger. It would bounce from the 30s-90s. I am familiar with this and thought the latest software updates fixed it. I took this video. Then...when it hit 20% SOC it jumped to a steady 167kw! Hooray! No issues in the rest of the charge. First time seeing this and I have 5k miles driven in my Lucid. Anyone else?

yeah, that happens with certain types of EA chargers.

The "Signet Surge" is something that EA is working on their end. Lucid/Porsche/Hyundai are just waiting for EA to update their software.

This is a known issue. Watch the Electric Car Cannonball Lucid Run on YouTube.

Exactly at 20% it normalizes.

I believe this is only on signet chargers

It was definitely a Signet charger. Thanks all.

Here's a different discrepancy. The charger reported it gave me 65 kWh of electricity. My Lucid reported it received 58 kWh. Anyone else experience this?

Proof that it can charge fast!
EA experiences may vary…
A357B71D-A007-43A6-BBFF-1BA2784D19E4.jpeg

Curious now that you've had your car for a while with charging history how you feel it compares to your EV6?
Much better than what the forum made me expect… I think mostly negative experiences get posted here.

I will say, 70%+ is still very slow… I can get 160+ at 80% with my EV6 BUT I get 100% more range from my AGT. So all things considered… lucid wins

ABB units at EA charge pretty fast. I have had 172kw on a 150kw rated ABB EA charger. And, the charging completed in a 25% shorter time, all other things being equal. Lucid needs to get their own charging network and get the federal incentive for it, have business lounges like airports for Lucid customers only, with quality dining another revenue source.

You get 200+ only until 20% or so. The charging curve is now much better. I find that the sweet spot to spend the least amount of time at the charging station and getting the most charge is 15 to 75. Even on Pure AWD 60% of 92kWh which is 55kWh gets me 200 miles of range at 70mph in moderate weather at 3.7miles per kWh between San Francisco area and LA Area. That is a lot of range.

It was definitely a Signet charger. Thanks all.

Here's a different discrepancy. The charger reported it gave me 65 kWh of electricity. My Lucid reported it received 58 kWh. Anyone else experience this?
EA is showing the energy into the car and Lucid is showing the energy into the battery. There are resistive losses during charging and also energy used to cool the batteries. This is normal.

My last 2 charging sessions in my garage, my AGT stopped and started charging several times. Any ideas?

Back