Charging Speed

What SOC were you at when it stopped and restarted? What SOC charging limit did you set? What level 2 charger were you using?
I was at 20%. I use level 2 with 14/50 NEMA plug. I contacted customer care and they said it is a software bug and are looking into it. He said that until they fix it, keep one of my doors open to keep the car from going to sleep.

For the first time at the EA Rancho Penasquitos charging station I was able to bull 150 kW on the 150 without all of the bouncing around. All the other times it maxed out at 70 or less (had only 48 on the 350 kw charger last week). Of course only TWO of the 8 units currently can achieve this speed. Saw an EA tech last week nd he pointed out the two chargers that worked well. It really needs to get fixed. I have seen the bounding from 20 to 90 kw on these chargers constantly.

I am facing a similar issue. Prior to 2.0.66, the signet surge used to happen every single time but my wattage for a 150kW charger would stabilize around 145-150kW. Since that update, my AGT is also restricting itself at 75/77kW. On the same chargers, I used to get 145-149kW. Yesterday an ionic5 (800v) charged before me and was getting ~140kW on the same charger/same cable (know this as i had to wait for charger to become available and the 75kw issue is something I wanted to observe again). I have observed this 3 times now with stats of last two times below:
1) SOC - 10% with ~15 min of pre-conditioning
2) SOC - 15% with ~10 min of pre-conditioning

@Bobby, @hydbob

PS - I have reported the issue to both Lucid and EA and havent got a clear response yet. @menodude - Lucid said none of the other owners have reported this issue. So it might be worth reporting them this issue

I am facing a similar issue. Prior to 2.0.66, the signet surge used to happen every single time but my wattage for a 150kW charger would stabilize around 145-150kW. Since that update, my AGT is also restricting itself at 75/77kW. On the same chargers, I used to get 145-149kW. Yesterday an ionic5 (800v) charged before me and was getting ~140kW on the same charger/same cable (know this as i had to wait for charger to become available and the 75kw issue is something I wanted to observe again). I have observed this 3 times now with stats of last two times below:

@Bobby, @hydbob

PS - I have reported the issue to both Lucid and EA and havent got a clear response yet. @menodude - Lucid said none of the other owners have reported this issue. So it might be worth reporting them this issue
I must also add that I have been charging at the same charging station (cause it is right across the street from my place) since Oct'22

....PS - I have reported the issue to both Lucid and EA and havent got a clear response yet. @menodude - Lucid said none of the other owners have reported this issue. So it might be worth reporting them this issue
That's unfortunate. I had assumed that by now Lucid was aware there is a problem and was working on it. In my own experience, on a dispenser cable that just gave a Hyundai or Kia 200+kW, slower-than-expected charging seems to be the norm rather than an exception.

@Bobby, @hydbob

That's weird, I just charged today at around 40% SOC, and was getting 161kw =*(

That's weird, I just charged today at around 40% SOC, and was getting 161kw =*(
May be it is impacting only a handful of vehicles and not all of them with some faulty part. While I had made my peace with Signet surge cause it ended up stabilizing at higher rate, but this is just strange. BTW on a 350kW charger before, I have had charging speeds as high as 290kw. So I am fairly certain it is happening due to something software related or something went faulty within part 3/4 weeks :(

May be it is impacting only a handful of vehicles and not all of them with some faulty part. While I had made my peace with Signet surge cause it ended up stabilizing at higher rate, but this is just strange. BTW on a 350kW charger before, I have had charging speeds as high as 290kw. So I am fairly certain it is happening due to something software related or something went faulty within part 3/4 weeks :(
The Signet yo yo in charging speed comes and goes at various voltages Which means various states of charge. Just because the Ionic5 was not seeing it does not mean a Lucid will not depending on SOC. Lucid is aware of the issue even if the customer care representative that you talked with was not aware

The Signet yo yo in charging speed comes and goes at various voltages Which means various states of charge. Just because the Ionic5 was not seeing it does not mean a Lucid will not depending on SOC. Lucid is aware of the issue even if the customer care representative that you talked with was not aware
Hey @Adnillien , I think you might have misunderstood my issue. I am not reporting the signet yo yo issue. That is still happening and I have made my peace with it.

My issue is what OP is facing which that the charging speed is not going above 75/77kW. In earlier scenario, at a 150kW charger, I would have charging speeds between 145-149 kW with signet yo yo happening between 80-140kW. Now the charging rate is not going above 75kW and signet yo yo oscillates between 30-70kW. Even after stabilizing I am getting the max speed of 75kW

So yesterday I tried charging at a different charging station which had 350kW chargers. That charging station had two 350kW chargers (both Signet) and I tried both of them, and here are the observations:
1) Charger 1 - 350kW charger - Major signet surge (again made my peace with it) - but charging speeds oscillating between 30 and 70 kW, thereby taking forever to charge
2) Charger 2 - 350kW as well but displaying a message that "charging speeds on this have been reduced on purpose" - no signet surge or oscillating charging speeds - and charging speeds stable at 119-120kW and then dropping to around 100 kW when the vehicle reached around 70% SoC (which again is expected)

My take on this - My situation (and of a few others) is combination of two issues - 1) Vehicle issue - there is certainly some issue with the software/vehicle where it is not accepting charge greater than 50% of the peak charge (be it 150 or 350 kW) 2) EA issue - the Signet charger where EA has themselves restricted the charge speeds, Lucid is getting a higher charge rate than that of default charger where it is expected to throw out full 150/350kW

Happy to hear other thoughts on the same! What do you guys think - @Bobby , @hydbob, @Adnillien ?

So yesterday I tried charging at a different charging station which had 350kW chargers. That charging station had two 350kW chargers (both Signet) and I tried both of them, and here are the observations:
1) Charger 1 - 350kW charger - Major signet surge (again made my peace with it) - but charging speeds oscillating between 30 and 70 kW, thereby taking forever to charge
2) Charger 2 - 350kW as well but displaying a message that "charging speeds on this have been reduced on purpose" - no signet surge or oscillating charging speeds - and charging speeds stable at 119-120kW and then dropping to around 100 kW when the vehicle reached around 70% SoC (which again is expected)

My take on this - My situation (and of a few others) is combination of two issues - 1) Vehicle issue - there is certainly some issue with the software/vehicle where it is not accepting charge greater than 50% of the peak charge (be it 150 or 350 kW) 2) EA issue - the Signet charger where EA has themselves restricted the charge speeds, Lucid is getting a higher charge rate than that of default charger where it is expected to throw out full 150/350kW

Happy to hear other thoughts on the same! What do you guys think - @Bobby , @hydbob, @Adnillien ?
I charged it today at a 350 in Santa Clarita. Preconditioned for 20 minutes, arrived with 26%. It ran the normal charging curve starting in the high 200s. Here is my charge record:
IMG_4464.png

I was at 20%. I use level 2 with 14/50 NEMA plug. I contacted customer care and they said it is a software bug and are looking into it. He said that until they fix it, keep one of my doors open to keep the car from going to sleep.
Today I changed out the 14-50 NEMA outlet. The car has stopped going to sleep when charging. It was a simple $12 fix from Home Depot.

I charged it today at a 350 in Santa Clarita. Preconditioned for 20 minutes, arrived with 26%. It ran the normal charging curve starting in the high 200s. Here is my charge record:
View attachment 13158
Hey, I almost used that charger in January! My brother lives in Canyon Country, so I get up there a couple times a year.

Today I changed out the 14-50 NEMA outlet. The car has stopped going to sleep when charging. It was a simple $12 fix from Home Depot.
It's best to avoid that $12 Home Depot Leviton outlet and get a decent one made by Hubbell or Cooper for about $60-80.

View attachment 13158
Hey Bobby, I absolutely dont deny your or other people's charging experience and am glad that this is not a widespread issue. At the same time, I am experiencing something else altogether and hence reporting it here.

Back