EA is Improving

I'd rather they spend the money on more charging stations...I sit in my enclosed climate controlled car while charging. Or just put the chargers in shopping centers with Starbucks or restaraunts. My 2 cents šŸ™‚

You're in southern California, so I see your point. However, having had to stand in a whipping rain while on the phone with EA customer service trying to get a charger to work, I have a different perspective. How long has it been since people using gas stations had to deal with no overhead covers even though they can hop back in their cars while the tank is filling?

No charging station should be built without at least an overhead cover.

I see your point too. For areas that need it, some protection from the elements is reasonable. But thisā€¦in the inhospitable climes of San Francisco? I mean how about something in between 6 stalls in a Walmart parking lot and this ā€œflagshipā€ waste of money?

I see your point too. For areas that need it, some protection from the elements is reasonable. But thisā€¦in the inhospitable climes of San Francisco? I mean how about something in between 6 stalls in a Walmart parking lot and this ā€œflagshipā€ waste of money?
Have you been to the Tesla SC and lounge at Kettlemen City? Do you think it is a waste of money as well.

A lot of people have the mindset of "just want a snack, use the restroom and GTFO." Why can we demand better?

If I'm on a road trip and need to charge in the middle of the night, I rather go an EA with indoor lounge than some random EA SC next to a sketchy taqueria.

If I'm on a road trip and need to charge in the middle of the night, I rather go an EA with indoor lounge than some random EA SC next to a sketchy taqueria.

You mean something like this?

Have you been to the Tesla SC and lounge at Kettlemen City? Do you think it is a waste of money as well.

A lot of people have the mindset of "just want a snack, use the restroom and GTFO." Why can we demand better?

Don't you dare besmirch the name of Chalio's! That place is good.

Sorry if I offended you BACamster. It's just that with many people complaining about the number and the lack of working charging stations at many EAs, combined with their notable spartan and questionable choice of locations, this feels over the top to me.

Not having owned a Tesla, I'm not familiar with the Kettleman City location. However, just by this thread, I think that everyone feels the Tesla SC network is superior to EA in just about every way. I'm not against having nice charging stations, just feel that EA (who accepts government funding) needs to concentrate on improving the volume and quality before moving to more, for lack of a better term, luxury charging stations.

Maybe Lucid locations could host charging stations that have a lounge with amenities just for Lucid owners? Wouldn't that be awesome for road trips? See the country via Lucid locations! šŸ˜

Sorry if I offended you BACamster. It's just that with many people complaining about the number and the lack of working charging stations at many EAs, combined with their notable spartan and questionable choice of locations, this feels over the top to me.

Not having owned a Tesla, I'm not familiar with the Kettleman City location. However, just by this thread, I think that everyone feels the Tesla SC network is superior to EA in just about every way. I'm not against having nice charging stations, just feel that EA (who accepts government funding) needs to concentrate on improving the volume and quality before moving to more, for lack of a better term, luxury charging stations.

Maybe Lucid locations could host charging stations that have a lounge with amenities just for Lucid owners? Wouldn't that be awesome for road trips? See the country via Lucid locations! šŸ˜
It is all good Scal_Air. I'm not offended. I agreed with you that EA expand their chargers and more locations. I just wish that EA improve on their reliability, services and product placement (more sites with >=10 chargers per location as an example).
And it appears that they are taking baby steps to make improvements.

100% EA charging. So we left Chicago December 20th and arrived in Sun City Arizona 3 days later on December 22nd. To our pleasant surprise, we never had to wait in line for an EA charger and every single location we stopped to charge had working chargers. We left to come back home on December 30th and 1st charger stop in Flaggstaff, AZ we had to wait 25 minutes before we could charge (1st time having to wait). The rest of the trip home was no waiting once again UNTIL our last stop on January 1st in Bloomington, IL but it was only a 5 minute wait that time. Our lesson learned is there seems to be more possibilities of lines on a weekend! (but it might have just been pure dumb luck we did so well 1 way on our drive down right before Christmas!)

Charged at the Colton EA, all 6 chargers working but several people waiting. This particular charging station has two parking spaces per charger, and although people park directly behind one row to wait, I find that people often do not respect the que...
So i pulled into a 350 station next to a Chevy Bolt that was charging. It said 65% charged with 15 minutes to go, so i thought that was pretty good. OMG! What is the charge curve on that thing? Ended up wait more like 30 minutes and the guy even finished up at 90%! Very cool guy, early adopter with a Nissan Leaf, and he loved his Bolt!

I can hardly wait until the Tesla SCS accept Bolt for charging so we can share the love šŸ¤£

Charged at the Colton EA, all 6 chargers working but several people waiting. This particular charging station has two parking spaces per charger, and although people park directly behind one row to wait, I find that people often do not respect the que...
So i pulled into a 350 station next to a Chevy Bolt that was charging. It said 65% charged with 15 minutes to go, so i thought that was pretty good. OMG! What is the charge curve on that thing? Ended up wait more like 30 minutes and the guy even finished up at 90%! Very cool guy, early adopter with a Nissan Leaf, and he loved his Bolt!

I can hardly wait until the Tesla SCS accept Bolt for charging so we can share the love šŸ¤£
the bolt cannot accept the 350 speed, he should be on a 150

the bolt cannot accept the 350 speed, he should be on a 150
Maybe only 350 was available when they arrived? I donā€™t give them a hard time unless charging to 100%.

Had a good EA experience yesterday at the Lee Outlets in MA. All chargers were in fine shape and working, charge rate was good.

Itā€™s better if they take the inconsistent broken 350s since the 150s are more likely to give peak power šŸ˜‚

I have usually gotten more power from EA's 150kW chargers than their 350kW ones. In fact, if both are free, I try the 150kW first and only go to the 350kW if the first one doesn't work -- which is actually pretty often. Getting anywhere north of 200kW hours from an EA charger is largely a fantasy.

Back