Carplay Screen freezes after update to 2.1.47

drewhoskins

Cars
Air Touring
Carplay's portion of the screen becomes unresponsive and won't refresh. This has happened many times since my last software update.
If I click one of the lucid controls to the left and then back into Carplay, it temporarily works again.
Apparently my taps actually have an effect, it's just that the screen doesn't refresh. Because when I to back to carplay I can see the effects of my taps.
Anybody else seeing this?
2.1.47 is reported as having Carplay improvements so I figure the update is at fault.

I saw that once so far after .47 (actually haven't driven it since). I started Waze, screen was not responsive to touch but my vehicle track was about 30 seconds behind me on the map. Didn't feel like f'ing with it and just switched to built in audio / nav as I was in a rush.

I’ve seen this 3 times now, starting on .42. The first time I thought it was my phone’s fault as it was overheating in the built-in wireless charger. It has only happened while running Waze.

I've seen it a lot since the update. The screen freezes but the music will keep playing. If you're on navigation, the screen will not continue to update or show the current position. It happens on wireless or wired. For now, the workaround is to tap the Lucid home button and then go back into CarPlay.

This does not happen in either of my other two cars (Ford, Jag).

@mcr16 please mention this to the software team. I'm on iOS 17.2, iPhone 15 ProMax.

I have not seen this happen on .47 for me.

Hasn’t happened to me, either. Are folks seeing this all on 17.2 of iOS?

Hasn’t happened to me, either. Are folks seeing this all on 17.2 of iOS?
I drove about 150 miles yesterday and it happened several times. I was using Apple Maps and Apple Music simultaneously. At first I thought it was the wireless so I switched to wired but that didn’t help.

I think it’s a change in iOS, not any recent Lucid update. But it will be Lucid’s problem to fix.

I have been away from my car all week, so I haven’t driven with 17.2 yet. I’ll be getting back to my car tonight, so I will test my theory.

I think it’s a change in iOS, not any recent Lucid update. But it will be Lucid’s problem to fix.

I have been away from my car all week, so I haven’t driven with 17.2 yet. I’ll be getting back to my car tonight, so I will test my theory.
Try Music with Maps. Doesn’t freeze immediately.

Doesn't freeze with Spotify + Maps on my testing so far.

Try Music with Maps. Doesn’t freeze immediately.
It's definitely not just when Apple Music is involved, this happened to me while using Audible. Same deal though, CarPlay audio keeps playing while the whole CarPlay screen rectangle is frozen. It's pretty rare for me - I'm using CarPlay audio+waze every day and it's only happened three times since Thanksgiving weekend when I first saw it.

Apple music no sound issue is still there, too

CarPlay stutters and periodic freezes has mostly been a reoccurring thing for me far before the last few updates.

Stutters have been more common and non of this has been different per a point or even major iOS release for me.

Freezing has been fairly rare, but definitely has happened.

Very interesting. I’ve had none of these issues. Lucky, I guess.

With latest update 2.1.47 getting the bouncing zoom in/out with Google Maps. Anyone have a workaround? Not happening with Apple Maps.

Attachments

• Google Maps Zooming 2.mov
    5.4 MB
Back