CarPlay workaround

Green G

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Lucid Air GT
I have had a horrible time with CarPlay with many glitches described by many. With the update to .60 I thought it was better but it isn’t. Incoming calls don’t pause the music which is very annoying.
Problem has been hardwiring my phone to charge automatically launches CarPlay whether I “forget” Lucid in the setting or not. It kicks Bluetooth off and I get into a circle of pairing the phone, descending into the seventh level of hell.

I found a workaround that has worked to get rid of CarPlay all together:
- Connect phone through Bluetooth and switch off CarPlay in the car
-“forget” Lucid in CarPlay setting on the phone
- connect the charging cable to the back seat usb-c port (front console launches CarPlay as stated above)

Now, you won’t see the CarPlay icon in the car anymore and all calls come through native UX and music plays through the native apps or Bluetooth. Effectively, you’re using your Bluetooth for everything and the phone happens to be charging in the back without it being recognized by the car.
(Apologies if this was already suggested and I missed it)

I have had a horrible time with CarPlay with many glitches described by many. With the update to .60 I thought it was better but it isn’t. Incoming calls don’t pause the music which is very annoying.
Problem has been hardwiring my phone to charge automatically launches CarPlay whether I “forget” Lucid in the setting or not. It kicks Bluetooth off and I get into a circle of pairing the phone, descending into the seventh level of hell.

- connect the charging cable to the back seat usb-c port (front console launches CarPlay as stated above)

Now, you won’t see the CarPlay icon in the car anymore and all calls come through native UX and music plays through the native apps or Bluetooth. Effectively, you’re using your Bluetooth for everything and the phone happens to be charging in the back without it being recognized by the car.
Great workaround.
Thnx for the info.
I'm tired of waiting for a fix too.
This has been going on for almost a year now and it's very distracting.
Also, most of the time when in Carplay, the caller can hear me but I can't hear him.
Not sure what that is all about.
I turn volume up, but no joy.
This idea should work better, thnx again.

I second that! The music keeps playing while I receive a call - that should not happen in CarPlay!

Back