CarPlay Disconnects, unusable at times

I had the other kind of CarPlay connection issue again this morning on 2.1.52. I walked away from the car for a minute while it was still on (left the door cracked open to keep it alive), walked back, and CarPlay had disconnected. No big deal, I walked out of range, so I gave it a minute. No auto-reconnect. I pushed the CarPlay connect button in the car's settings, it spun for a minute, I gave up. I turned off bluetooth on my phone and the car, turned them back on. That usually sorts it out. Still no connection. I ended up just closing the door and walking away again, then coming back. CarPlay immediately connected. 🤷‍♂️
When that happens, it seems to me that the phone still thinks it’s in CarPlay but the car doesn’t. Instead of turning on and off Bluetooth, turn on Wi-Fi on the phone. And then turn it back off.

When that happens, it seems to me that the phone still thinks it’s in CarPlay but the car doesn’t. Instead of turning on and off Bluetooth, turn on Wi-Fi on the phone. And then turn it back off.
Forgot to mention, I did toggle WiFi on the phone off/on as well. As you said, it prompted me saying "are you sure you want to disconnect carplay?" and I said yes. Still no dice there.

Forgot to mention, I did toggle WiFi on the phone off/on as well. As you said, it prompted me saying "are you sure you want to disconnect carplay?" and I said yes. Still no dice there.
When it says that, say yes. Then, in the car, tap the CarPlay icon in the settings.

I recently got a response from Lucid customer care stating this would be resolved in another future update. No ETA on when that will be available when I asked. I sure hope this gets resolved soon. Embarrassingly today I was on a call with a client and CarPlay quit , call continued with my phone in my pocket. Ugh.

Back