CarPlay Disconnects, unusable at times

I have this same phenomenon in Austin. In my experience, CarPlay drops and it only happens in my Lucid. When I use my same iPhone connected wirelessly to our F-150 Lightning, CarPlay does NOT drop in the same location. This happens 100% of the time I go through a certain part of town (ironically right by the Porsche dealership 🤔).

I have this same phenomenon in Austin. In my experience, CarPlay drops and it only happens in my Lucid. When I use my same iPhone connected wirelessly to our F-150 Lightning, CarPlay does NOT drop in the same location. This happens 100% of the time I go through a certain part of town (ironically right by the Porsche dealership 🤔).
My Porsche dropped audio today in the same exact spot it always does, on my way to the airport. It’s some sort of wireless interference. How each manufacturer handles that might vary. My Lucid drops out of CarPlay altogether. My Porsche just drops audio for a few minutes.

Yes - CarPlay frequently disconnects. Sometimes I can reconnect easily, but other times I need to delete and re-add the phone. Very frustrating. I have not noticed any "location patterns."
Same here iPhone 15 Pro Max and even on my old iPhone 12 Pro Max used wirelessly is a touch and go. Many times for me it shows that it is Playing but no sound is heard via the Car Speakers and other times it won’t even connect and half the time it works just fine.

Also notice that when I receive a message it disconnects and then may not work until I get into the Car the next time.

The Car is not driven a lot so I have just ignored any small stuff with software.

I have this phenomenon at an intersection by my house, our old merc, the new bmw and the lucid all drop. Even a wireless adapter I used in our old audi used to drop too, must be some crazy amount of wifi spectrum interference

Check @Bobby's post earlier in the thread: https://lucidowners.com/threads/carplay-disconnects-unusable-at-times.7632/#post-183755
When that particular issue happens to me it has 100% of the time been because my phone decided to start playing out the "bluetooth speakers" in the car rather than via CarPlay. Switching on the phone has always fixed that one.
FWIW I was able to check in my case and it's NOT what Bobby described. In my case, the connection to the car totally drops. Like there's no longer a BT or CarPlay connection available and I have to reconnect/restart CarPlay once I'm out of this Bermuda Triangle.

Again one of the interesting aspects of my case is that this does NOT happen with my same iPhone in the same area with wireless CarPlay to our Lightning. So whatever vulnerability DOES appear to be Lucid-specific.

Not that I ever expect this to be solved given the specificity 😀 ...but just wanted to document this case for clarity.

FWIW I was able to check in my case and it's NOT what Bobby described. In my case, the connection to the car totally drops. Like there's no longer a BT or CarPlay connection available and I have to reconnect/restart CarPlay once I'm out of this Bermuda Triangle.

Again one of the interesting aspects of my case is that this does NOT happen with my same iPhone in the same area with wireless CarPlay to our Lightning. So whatever vulnerability DOES appear to be Lucid-specific.

Not that I ever expect this to be solved given the specificity 😀 ...but just wanted to document this case for clarity.
The new update may fix that, after install please test again in the same area 😁

lol I just saw the .52 release notes. Now I'm excited to get it and test it out 😂

I got the new update but sadly at least for me it did not fix the issue with CARPLAY, it seems is very flaky on how it connects and disconnects. So far the only way to prevent dropping off is via the HARDWIRE route. Since via the wireless is very unreliable to say the least. At least once per day it will drop off, the only way I have been able to re-establish connection is turning off the BT on the Iphone 15 pro.

I got the new update but sadly at least for me it did not fix the issue with CARPLAY, it seems is very flaky on how it connects and disconnects. So far the only way to prevent dropping off is via the HARDWIRE route. Since via the wireless is very unreliable to say the least. At least once per day it will drop off, the only way I have been able to re-establish connection is turning off the BT on the Iphone 15 pro.
Same. Hardwired seems to be the most consistent way for me to get a connection and .52 didn't help.

The update didn't fix my carplay issues either. Sound continues to drop out for a few seconds in the exact same places on my route in and out of my neighborhood.

The update didn't fix my carplay issues either. Sound continues to drop out for a few seconds in the exact same places on my route in and out of my neighborhood.
If this was happening consistently, I wouldn't expect a software upgrade to resolve what I presume to be RF interference. Caching or buffering of content might make it less noticeable though.

Last edited:
If this was happening consistently, I wouldn't expect a software upgrade to resolve what I presume to be RF interference. Caching or buffering of content might make it less noticeable though.
At least for me I don't believe is RF / EMF driven. Since It happens to me at random places, even with the car parked at home it happens or driving around town. I could understand perhaps around the house due to EMF and radio interference but not across the city. Perhaps CARPLAY V2 will improve things, but I still think LUCID needs to fix the implementation.

At least for me I don't believe is RF / EMF driven. Since It happens to me at random places, even with the car parked at home it happens or driving around town. I could understand perhaps around the house due to EMF and radio interference but not across the city. Perhaps CARPLAY V2 will improve things, but I still think LUCID needs to fix the implementation.
So far, we have no indication that the Lucid will support CarPlay 2.

Unfortunately, thats's not an option with CarPlay...

For me, it happens in the exact same place every single time. And it's the only place that it happens. The only difference is how long before I can get it back up and running. Seems to not want to reconnect sometimes, no matter what I try. Other times I can reconnect after driving another mile or so. But I have no doubt it's some sort of wireless interference on that specific spot on that specific road for me. Even my Porsche has trouble in that spot. Although it doesn't fully lose connection. It just cuts in and out for a few minutes.

I had the other kind of CarPlay connection issue again this morning on 2.1.52. I walked away from the car for a minute while it was still on (left the door cracked open to keep it alive), walked back, and CarPlay had disconnected. No big deal, I walked out of range, so I gave it a minute. No auto-reconnect. I pushed the CarPlay connect button in the car's settings, it spun for a minute, I gave up. I turned off bluetooth on my phone and the car, turned them back on. That usually sorts it out. Still no connection. I ended up just closing the door and walking away again, then coming back. CarPlay immediately connected. 🤷‍♂️

I had the other kind of CarPlay connection issue again this morning on 2.1.52. I walked away from the car for a minute while it was still on (left the door cracked open to keep it alive), walked back, and CarPlay had disconnected. No big deal, I walked out of range, so I gave it a minute. No auto-reconnect. I pushed the CarPlay connect button in the car's settings, it spun for a minute, I gave up. I turned off bluetooth on my phone and the car, turned them back on. That usually sorts it out. Still no connection. I ended up just closing the door and walking away again, then coming back. CarPlay immediately connected. 🤷‍♂️
This will sound nuts, but try turning off WiFi on the car itself. Once I did that and left it off, CarPlay became much more consistent for me.

This will sound nuts, but try turning off WiFi on the car itself. Once I did that and left it off, CarPlay became much more consistent for me.
Oh, that actually makes sense. I turned WiFi back on to see if the WiFi->LTE handoff works better (it does). CarPlay is also WiFi though, so I could see how it would be confused when it's still connected to my home network.

Hmmm I'll definitely experiment with that since I have the same "specific location" issue you do.

Back