Intermittent CarPlay audio output

An easy fix for when you hit play in Carplay and no sound comes out is to hit the audio output selector on your phone and switch it to Carplay. For some reason, it will occasionally try to output to the normal bluetooth connection instead. I would think it's an Apple bug more than Lucid.

This has been perplexing me for some time and I'm open to any guidance. CarPlay connects and works well, however, when I exit the vehicle and return my audio is still displayed, but there is no output. Sometimes it plays for 1-2 seconds and then pauses, other times I hit the play icon and it changes to pause then immediately changes back to the play icon. This happens with music apps and podcasts. The rest of the CarPlay apps seems to be working as they should.

When I check device connectivity the CarPlay icon is illuminated. I've tapped the icon to disconnect CarPlay and then tap it again to reinstall. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 disconnect/reconnect tries.

I have reset the Lucid software (press and hold Air logo). I have uninstalled my iPhone from the car and reinstalled it. I've turned off CarPlay on my phone and restarted it. Customer care has tried and exhausted their suggestions. My service tech was out yesterday (for unrelated work) and he couldn't find any mention in Lucid's service files.

Any ideas?
Happens to me too. I turn the Bluetooth off and back on and they remedies it. Annoying for sure!

CarPlay disconnects and the screen goes dark nearly every time I drive my car. Aside from that when it does start, the audio disconnects regularly about 3-4 minutes after starting to stream from the SXM app. It may reconnect itself after five minutes or so but it may not. Frequently Carplay does not start by itself and I have to go to connections and start or try to start it, sometimes with no success. Must I do an Air reset every time I use my car? I have repeatedly disconnected and reconnected Bluetooth on my car as well as just turning BT off and on again to try to solve the chronic problems. There are other malfunctions nearly daily lately with the front-view video even with a perfectly clear front camera. I have repeatedly reported these problems to CC and they tell me that it is an Apple problem that they cannot resolve, except the front video view. Perhaps my car is an outlier, but I have no way of knowing if it is. I love my AGT and these are not necessarily safety concerns, except when the screen goes blank when in Apple map mode, but fortunately my iPhone is still operative. Surely, this performance cannot be acceptable to Lucid.

CarPlay disconnects and the screen goes dark nearly every time I drive my car. Aside from that when it does start, the audio disconnects regularly about 3-4 minutes after starting to stream from the SXM app. It may reconnect itself after five minutes or so but it may not. Frequently Carplay does not start by itself and I have to go to connections and start or try to start it, sometimes with no success. Must I do an Air reset every time I use my car? I have repeatedly disconnected and reconnected Bluetooth on my car as well as just turning BT off and on again to try to solve the chronic problems. There are other malfunctions nearly daily lately with the front-view video even with a perfectly clear front camera. I have repeatedly reported these problems to CC and they tell me that it is an Apple problem that they cannot resolve, except the front video view. Perhaps my car is an outlier, but I have no way of knowing if it is. I love my AGT and these are not necessarily safety concerns, except when the screen goes blank when in Apple map mode, but fortunately my iPhone is still operative. Surely, this performance cannot be acceptable to Lucid.
Take it in to service by calling them directly. You can find the number for your local one in the app.

As I stated in an earlier post I also have frequent issues with CarPlay cutting out. I just noticed that when it happens my phone is no longer connected via Bluetooth to the car. Just randomly disconnects and the car connection says no phones connected. I don’t carry my fob so I‘m thankful the car keeps running even though the iPhone is no longer connected to my AGT. Very annoying.

I had similar issues on earlier releases. On iOS 17.1.1 and Lucid 2.1.35 CarPlay has been very stable and working as expected. I’m still waiting on 2.1.42

As I stated in an earlier post I also have frequent issues with CarPlay cutting out. I just noticed that when it happens my phone is no longer connected via Bluetooth to the car. Just randomly disconnects and the car connection says no phones connected. I don’t carry my fob so I‘m thankful the car keeps running even though the iPhone is no longer connected to my AGT. Very annoying.
CarPlay does not connect to the car via Bluetooth. That’s only the initial handshake. I use CarPlay frequently and have not had these issues. Contact service and have them take a look at it.

I had similar issues on earlier releases. On iOS 17.1.1 and Lucid 2.1.35 CarPlay has been very stable and working as expected. I’m still waiting on 2.1.42
Same for me, as far as issues go. Mine works great now. And I have .42.

CarPlay does not connect to the car via Bluetooth. That’s only the initial handshake. I use CarPlay frequently and have not had these issues. Contact service and have them take a look at it.
Still working on this issue with Lucid. Just a question, what is the CarPlay connection to the car after the intial Bluetooth handshake as you say? I’m having some strange issues with connectivity that so far not even Lucid phone support has resolved. thanks

Still working on this issue with Lucid. Just a question, what is the CarPlay connection to the car after the intial Bluetooth handshake as you say? I’m having some strange issues with connectivity that so far not even Lucid phone support has resolved. thanks
WiFi.

What are some of your issues? DM me if you’d like.

An easy fix for when you hit play in Carplay and no sound comes out is to hit the audio output selector on your phone and switch it to Carplay. For some reason, it will occasionally try to output to the normal bluetooth connection instead. I would think it's an Apple bug more than Lucid.
I agree with this as the problem. There are different "Airplay" Audio Outputs and my car often defaults to outputting the Audio to the "Lucid Air ### " Bluetooth audio output even if it is connected to CarPlay via wifi. The quick fix is ANNOYING but you have to go to your app on your iPhone that is outputting Audio and switch it from "Lucid Air ###" to "CarPlay". The icon in the music/podcast/audible app looks like the Airplay icon.

Not sure where the bug is (iOS vs LucidOS) but does anyone know how to fix this so the audio defaults to "CarPlay" when connected to CarPlay????

I agree with this as the problem. There are different "Airplay" Audio Outputs and my car often defaults to outputting the Audio to the "Lucid Air ### " Bluetooth audio output even if it is connected to CarPlay via wifi. The quick fix is ANNOYING but you have to go to your app on your iPhone that is outputting Audio and switch it from "Lucid Air ###" to "CarPlay". The icon in the music/podcast/audible app looks like the Airplay icon.

Not sure where the bug is (iOS vs LucidOS) but does anyone know how to fix this so the audio defaults to "CarPlay" when connected to CarPlay????
Try completely removing the device from the car and the car from the device. Re-pair.

What are some of your issues? DM me if you’d like.
About the only issue that I’m pretty sure of is the 3 digit Bluetooth code in most instances doesn’t automatically connect to the car. Several times today I’ve had to switch it on manually from my phone’s Bluetooth menu. I’m operating under the assumption that the Bluetooth connection should be activated automatically.
Also the car’s WiFi connection shows up on my iPhone but is not actively connected with the blue check mark. Despite this CarPlay is still working.
Not sure if any of this makes sense but any thoughts are appreciated.

About the only issue that I’m pretty sure of is the 3 digit Bluetooth code in most instances doesn’t automatically connect to the car. Several times today I’ve had to switch it on manually from my phone’s Bluetooth menu. I’m operating under the assumption that the Bluetooth connection should be activated automatically.
Also the car’s WiFi connection shows up on my iPhone but is not actively connected with the blue check mark. Despite this CarPlay is still working.
Not sure if any of this makes sense but any thoughts are appreciated.
BT should be automatic. Car’s WiFi can remain “off”.

Happens to me too. I turn the Bluetooth off and back on and they remedies it. Annoying for sure!
Yeah. Happens to me, too. I was hoping that someone knew something better than "turn bluetooth off and on" because I hate doing that when I'm driving.

Yeah. Happens to me, too. I was hoping that someone knew something better than "turn bluetooth off and on" because I hate doing that when I'm driving.
Sometimes changing to a different audio source then back to CarPlay works.

Back