• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Arizona Registration - Check your Lucid valuation

Yeah can’t hurt I will try :) I hate the DMV though I remember getting that number and waiting hours to speak to some
That was the case for many years, but things have changed. FWIW, I go to the Tempe office a little SW of Hayden and McKellips Roads. They are seldom busy, and I find the staff to be very customer-oriented. Be sure to bring your sales receipt with you, and suspend disbelief for a while. You might just be pleasantly surprised.

At the mvd trying to challenge 154 k valuation any idea what MSRP was 2022 GT at release. Any tips on what I tell mvd Tempe one seems clueless on this

That was the case for many years, but things have changed. FWIW, I go to the Tempe office a little SW of Hayden and McKellips Roads. They are seldom busy, and I find the staff to be very customer-oriented. Be sure to bring your sales receipt with you, and suspend disbelief for a while. You might just be pleasantly surprised.
Any idea what I need to tell them

Yesterday, I spent around an hour at the Scottsdale DMV, reviewing my situation. I began by speaking with a front-line representative, and after some time, a supervisor joined the discussion. It took a while to explain, but eventually, both agreed that the license fees for my Touring should be calculated based on a $95,000 value, rather than the incorrect $154,000 they had been using.

It appears that Lucid utilized a third-party service, L&J Motor Vehicle Services (also known as Airpark Motor Vehicle Services), to handle interactions with the DMV. It seems that the wrong MSRP might be due to their error. The Scottsdale DMV has initiated a case and is reaching out to L&J to investigate and hopefully rectify this issue. It might take a couple of weeks, and I'll provide updates once I learn more.

Although I had already paid my 2024 renewal a couple of weeks ago, the DMV managed to cancel that payment and return those funds to my DMV account. If this matter isn't resolved by December 15 when my tags expire, they will grant me a one-month extension. Ideally, a favorable resolution would involve L&J reimbursing the overpayment made in 2022 and collaborating with the DMV to correct the MSRP to $95,000. At that point, I would proceed with my renewal based on the accurate MSRP.
At the dmv today in Tempe contesting my GT at 154

Well spend almost hour here and they give me a written response talk about waste of my time …
And they said I should talk to Lucid
IMG_6120.jpeg

I just talked to the AZ MVD. Very nice person on their level 2 support. She did spend some time researching and came back with an acknowledgement that the Touring MSRP is $95,000. She said, however, that what Lucid sent to them for my car shows the $154,000. She said I'd have to contact Lucid to straighten out. I told her I have my window sticker here showing Touring (not GT) and my contract agrees with the $95,000 valuation. She did say I could make an appointment and bring those documents in, but recommended I start with "the dealer".

I think I'll make an appointment for a few weeks out and see what @gaskiller reports back from his appointment. Not sure if contacting Lucid would be worthwhile.
I took my actual purchase documentation to the AZ DMV and she informed me that only Lucid data is used for their database and it shows my 2022 Lucid Air GT at a base of $154k. She informed me that it would be up to Lucid to inform AZ of the actual base price when I purchased the vehicle since when I ordered it, it was still only $132,500. Maybe Lucid cut a deal with AZ on fees as part of the tax advantages and other incentives to build the plant in Casa Grande.;)

I took my actual purchase documentation to the AZ DMV and she informed me that only Lucid data is used for their database and it shows my 2022 Lucid Air GT at a base of $154k. She informed me that it would be up to Lucid to inform AZ of the actual base price when I purchased the vehicle since when I ordered it, it was still only $132,500. Maybe Lucid cut a deal with AZ on fees as part of the tax advantages and other incentives to build the plant in Casa Grande.;)
So you failed tooo?

This is a description of how I resolved with a supervisor at the Scottsdale DMV. I hope it's helpful.

Yesterday, I spent around an hour at the Scottsdale DMV, reviewing my situation. I began by speaking with a front-line representative, and after some time, a supervisor joined the discussion. It took a while to explain, but eventually, both agreed that the license fees for my Touring should be calculated based on a $95,000 value, rather than the incorrect $154,000 they had been using.

It appears that Lucid utilized a third-party service, L&J Motor Vehicle Services (also known as Airpark Motor Vehicle Services), to handle interactions with the DMV. It seems that the wrong MSRP might be due to their error. The Scottsdale DMV has initiated a case and is reaching out to L&J to investigate and hopefully rectify this issue. It might take a couple of weeks, and I'll provide updates once I learn more.

Although I had already paid my 2024 renewal a couple of weeks ago, the DMV managed to cancel that payment and return those funds to my DMV account. If this matter isn't resolved by December 15 when my tags expire, they will grant me a one-month extension. Ideally, a favorable resolution would involve L&J reimbursing the overpayment made in 2022 and collaborating with the DMV to correct the MSRP to $95,000. At that point, I would proceed with my renewal based on the accurate MSRP.

My failed experience today makes me think isn’t worth chasing for :( wish someone luck that keeps up the chase

Back