Scheduled Charging with Juicebox 40

jcook3s

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
DE Number
I had posted about loss of time of day charging and there seems to be no remedy. SA….no help, maybe software update, Juicebox, technical help: no issues my software is 2.0.33. I’m thinking about returning to Costco and getting a different charger. I wired my garage years ago for 2 - 50 amp circuits and so 40 amp charger will be the one….if not Juicebox, any recommendations?

I have a Juicebox and has worked with no issues. Have had it for years, charging my old e-Tron and now the Lucid

I have a Juicebox and has worked with no issues. Have had it for years, charging my old e-Tron and now the Lucid
My first charger and one i am still using for my first electric that has TOU built in is a Juicebox without wifi or TOU and it works great…very reliable but I wanted TOU for the Lucid…thanks!

My first charger and one i am still using for my first electric that has TOU built in is a Juicebox without wifi or TOU and it works great…very reliable but I wanted TOU for the Lucid…thanks!
Not sure what you mean, TOU works in the JuiceBox on the Lucid. There was an issue in some previous updates where the car would spit out an error but I believe this has been fixed in the last update or the latest as I haven't seen it recently. Mine is charging now but will stop at 4pm

1670020189322.jpeg

1670020607627.jpeg

Thanks for the reply. Before I was away on a road trip with the GT for 5 weeks the Juicebox 40 Smart Charging worked reliably. After the updates through 2.0.33 and returning home the Juicebox will only work with direct charging(charge now). Plugging in with the Smart Charging setting active causes an error message from Lucid about “charging error, switch cables or use a different charger” and if left plugged in, Smart charging will not happen during the 12PM to 6 AM window. I can charge immediately with either the Lucid portable charger that was included or immediately with the Juicebox 40, but no “Smart Charging” with the Juicebox. Since I’ll be away for another 6 weeks in a few weeks, I’m thinking to return the Juicebox to Costco for a refund , leaving the GT plugged in to its OEM charger and sorting out Smart Charging in February…….

Not sure what you mean, TOU works in the JuiceBox on the Lucid. There was an issue in some previous updates where the car would spit out an error but I believe this has been fixed in the last update or the latest as I haven't seen it recently. Mine is charging now but will stop at 4pm

View attachment 7237

View attachment 7240
I just got off of the phone with Tech support at Juice Box….they are sending a new charger……thanks for reaching out to support my questions

For anyone that has a Juicebox 40, do you use the Juicenet app for anything besides scheduled charging? I feel like the "added range" graph is not all that helpful because you have to set the starting percentage or miles and I have already set the charging limit directly on the car. I mean, I did mainly buy this particular charger simply for the option to schedule my charge and because it qualified for a rebate from my electric company and state, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything with the features that would improve use.

I just use it for scheduled charging

Can you schedule a charge with your Air with a Juicebox charger?
Used to. It’s been erroring out since the last few updates. Hopefully and OTA will fix it soon

I just got my Touring last week and the Juicenet app is allowing me to schedule time of use limits, which has been working for me. I do sometimes get errors if I connect the charger outside of that specified time.

I just got my Touring last week and the Juicenet app is allowing me to schedule time of use limits, which has been working for me. I do sometimes get errors if I connect the charger outside of that specified time.
Yes. If I plug in outside of the tou time, I get the error. But if I then open the Lucid app inside of the tou time, the smart charging works. We need to figure out how to open the app automatically.

Yes. If I plug in outside of the tou time, I get the error. But if I then open the Lucid app inside of the tou time, the smart charging works. We need to figure out how to open the app automatically.
I’ve the same problem, but plugging in at midnight doesn’t work for me…..Patricia in the Service Advisors group tells me that there is a problem with the software that interferes with the JuiceBox. It will be addressed at some future date

It is the same with other chargers. For example, the ChargePoint Flex will perform the same way. It will remain this case until Lucid enables scheduled charging or doesn’t put the car into a deep sleep when the EVSE is plugged in so tha5 car will begin charging as soon as current is available, using the scheduling feature from the EVSE.

It is the same with other chargers. For example, the ChargePoint Flex will perform the same way. It will remain this case until Lucid enables scheduled charging or doesn’t put the car into a deep sleep when the EVSE is plugged in so tha5 car will begin charging as soon as current is available, using the scheduling feature from the EVSE.
The Wallbox Pulsar Plus works fine with this, fyi, and plays nice.

The JuiceBox 40 does the same thing on my Lucud but scheduled charging works fine on my other EV. So it’s the car, not the JuiceBox. Stand by, proper scheduled charging is coming soon.

The JuiceBox 40 does the same thing on my Lucud but scheduled charging works fine on my other EV. So it’s the car, not the JuiceBox. Stand by, proper scheduled charging is coming soon.
Oh, I agree - I was just adding that the Wallbox doesn’t seem to exhibit the same problem.

if you are using an iPhone, this script will open the app. Make sure that you quit the app some time prior to it running.

Use Shortcuts App
Choose Automation
Tap +
Tap Create Personal Automation
Tap time of day, choose the time
Tap Next
Tap Open an App
Choose Lucid
Tap Stop the Shortcut to add it
Tap Next
Turn off “ask before running”
Tap Done

if you are using an iPhone, this script will open the app. Make sure that you quit the app some time prior to it running.

Use Shortcuts App
Choose Automation
Tap +
Tap Create Personal Automation
Tap time of day, choose the time
Tap Next
Tap Open an App
Choose Lucid
Tap Stop the Shortcut to add it
Tap Next
Turn off “ask before running”
Tap Done
That's slick! I use Android, but I found an app, "Open app scheduler," to automatically open the Lucid app at a time within the tou range. It seems to be working so far. I also had an issue with the Juice Box dropping the WiFi connection. Enel X suggested connecting it to a 2.4ghz network, and that also seems to be working😁

The Wallbox Pulsar Plus works fine with this, fyi, and plays nice.
Actually, WB doesn’t work for me once vehicle goes to sleep. I have to open the Lucid App to wake the vehicle before it will start charging.

Back