Scheduling of EV Charging

BS8899

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I am a new Lucid owner (Lucid Aur Grand Touring). I see the Lucid can be charged at home using a Level 2 charger or directly connect a 240V (or 120V) to the Wunderbox. That's all great!
My question is, how do you SCHEDULE charging vis-a-vis, if I plug my Lucid in at 6PM but I want the charging to start at 9PM where the TOU rates cut in, how do you do that? It seems like the Wunderbox has no scheduling capability (and no abiliy to set the current limit). I can do scheduling via the Level 2 charger (I have a JuiceBox). If I use the JuiceBox, it can schedule, but meanwhile, the Lucid goes to sleep and when the JuiceBox is ready to charge at 9PM, the Lucid is fast asleep!. Is there a way around it?

Also, it seems to me the Wunderbox should have a clock/scheduler. I have a HondaClarity (PHEV) and its has an internal scheduler. that allows you to set

It’s already formatted that way. My older Mac won’t let me erase and reformat to fat32 only Fat and exfat. Transferred a couple songs but nothing shows up in the car. Keeps asking me to insert a drive. Even bought a brand new drive that others had recommended. I didn’t realize I was so technologically challenged?? Sorry I hijacked the thread. Might need you to make a video in your free time?? Just kidding. thanks for the help

It’s already formatted that way. My older Mac won’t let me erase and reformat to fat32 only Fat and exfat. Transferred a couple songs but nothing shows up in the car. Keeps asking me to insert a drive. Even bought a brand new drive that others had recommended. I didn’t realize I was so technologically challenged?? Sorry I hijacked the thread. Might need you to make a video in your free time?? Just kidding. thanks for the help
I got lucky as the Sandisk drive I got was already FAT32 format. I dragged over my entire music folder which was mostly M4a and a handful of mp3 files from iTunes that I’d ripped off my own music collection or downloaded and it worked when I plugged the USB drive into the car, although once I chose USB media it took some time to load and the organization is a little fragmented as it seems to break it up into 500 song chunks and folders.

I tried the disk utility and fat32 is greyed out - can’t choose it as an option. Tried the Terminal option recommended in the article, but it doesn’t show the available drives and I didn’t want to erase my hard drive. I may just skip the usb altogether xm works for the most part, so I’m good for now. Thanks again

Attachments

• 9904A968-EA4E-4ACC-80C3-BA34BC1000A7.jpeg
    9904A968-EA4E-4ACC-80C3-BA34BC1000A7.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 60
I tried the disk utility and fat32 is greyed out - can’t choose it as an option. Tried the Terminal option recommended in the article, but it doesn’t show the available drives and I didn’t want to erase my hard drive. I may just skip the usb altogether xm works for the most part, so I’m good for now. Thanks again
You can just buy a 256gb Sandisk one from WalMart or wherever, I think they’re like $30 or something. Pre formatted as FAT32 and will show up when you plug it in to the MAC. Those won’t fit in the car USB port though cuz of the cramped center console design so you’d need an USB adapter or extended. Or just get the tiny one I think @Bobby posted.

You can just buy a 256gb Sandisk one from WalMart or wherever, I think they’re like $30 or something. Pre formatted as FAT32 and will show up when you plug it in to the MAC. Those won’t fit in the car USB port though cuz of the cramped center console design so you’d need an USB adapter or extended. Or just get the tiny one I think @Bobby posted.
I bought the one he posted. But it still doesn’t show up when I put it in the car?? No worries. I’ll wait or keep trying. Thanks

Listening to Pat Metheny’s “One Quiet Night” right now, which is an album of just solo baritone guitar, via USB stick, and even with it being only a 256 AAC rip from CD, it sounds glorious. So much detail in the strumming.

I’m sure this sounds overly simplistic, but scheduled charging worked flawlessly through 3rd party apps before 2.0.
yup. I could actually use the ChargePoint flex to schedule a charge before they upgraded to the 2.0 version on the car. With that version, the car goes asleep to deeply to see when the plug becomes active.

This is probably not of huge interest to this thread, which is focused on the scheduled auto start of charging, but another data point which I didn't see mentioned.

Someone mentioned charging doesn't work unless the scheduling feature is disabled. They may have meant plugging in during scheduled charging doesn't work, I'm not sure. Certainly people have identified the auto charging during scheduling doesn't yet work.

I had Scheduled Charging enabled and I was able to charge *outside of the scheduled charging window* by simply plugging in (well, twice as it was EA). So, I don't think it is correct to say "Charging doesn't work unless scheduling is disabled".
I don't think that scheduled charging has any effect on DC fast charging, only AC L2 slow charging.

Lucid is rolling out a fix tomorrow.

Back