2.0.59 update

This is the danger of the forum! People start to think that there’s lots of problems with these cars; there’s not. There are some bugs to be cured and there are some known issues that have solutions. Generally, it’s a fantastic car! Enjoy!

Thanks Bobby for the quick confirmation. I will wait for a few more days before reaching out to CS.
I didn't have .59 either. I killed the Lucid app on my iPhone, restarted it, and the app was offering me the update.

Coincidence? Maybe.

This is the danger of the forum! People start to think that there’s lots of problems with these cars; there’s not. There are some bugs to be cured and there are some known issues that have solutions. Generally, it’s a fantastic car! Enjoy!
Exactly. Even I had a moment of worry as I was getting off a plane after a week of leaving my car at the airport. Would my car have some sort of software glitch? Would I not be able to get in and just drive? Would CarPlay work?

I had even installed the .59 update while I was away. Would that cause issues? Would I need to reboot?

And then I just got into my car and drove. Zero issues.

Reading this forum absolutely skews your perception. Yes, there are software issues. Yes, some users have experienced quite serious problems. But that does not mean every time you get into the car you should be scared.

I picked up my new Air GT yesterday with 2.0.59 already installed, and shockingly everything just works! So far so good...
Shocking! :p

We need a meme at the top of the forum that says “the reports of your personal Lucid’s untimely death are greatly exaggerated (and stop hitting massive potholes)”

My car is on a truck coming to me and the update just showed up in the app.....probably would be a bad idea to install it while in transit, right?

My car is on a truck coming to me and the update just showed up in the app.....probably would be a bad idea to install it while in transit, right?
I wouldn't do it. Too big of a risk that the data transfer gets interrupted by changing service.

Exactly. Even I had a moment of worry as I was getting off a plane after a week of leaving my car at the airport. Would my car have some sort of software glitch? Would I not be able to get in and just drive? Would CarPlay work?

I had even installed the .59 update while I was away. Would that cause issues? Would I need to reboot?

And then I just got into my car and drove. Zero issues.

Reading this forum absolutely skews your perception. Yes, there are software issues. Yes, some users have experienced quite serious problems. But that does not mean every time you get into the car you should be scared.
Is thesoftere version my car is currently running displayed on the app and/or my dashboard on the website? I cam't find in either spot

Thx

Is thesoftere version my car is currently running displayed on the app and/or my dashboard on the website? I cam't find in either spot

Thx
Neither. Only the car.

Neither. Only the car.
Yes. And this annoys me a bit. I am the first person to caution ever calling something “easy” when it comes to software. But this is easy. The app should certainly show the current car software version by now.

I did get to experience the weird CarPlay phone call bug where if you were playing Tidal in the car app (not in CarPlay) previously, when you get a phone call a couple minutes in suddenly Tidal will unpause and play very loudly during your call. Happened to me twice today.

But yeah I agree with the above posts, the car really does actually work really well.

Bobby If you can include the ac problem I belive it is laid out in the other thread

but truly needs to be addressed so it does not go into a black hole thank you

Exactly. Someone on one of the Lucid FB groups declared that he’d cancel his Lucid order based on the negative experience a new owner had upon taking delivery.

The new owner said that the delivery person didn’t spend more than ten minutes with her to explain everything, she ran low on charge on the way home so she called a tow truck driver. Somehow she ended up at an L2 public charger where she charged for a few hours, and ended up back at her home at 0200 hrs in the morning. All newbie mistakes, and she loves the car by the way.

So the guy who said he was cancelling his Lucid order did so on the basis of the above story. Nothing wrong with car, and really, Lucid Delivery couldn’t be completely faulted for everything that happened on the new owner’s drive home.

I pointed out to the “order canceller” that he would be missing out. I also told him that not only was my Air GT the best EV I had ever owned, but it was also the best car I had ever owned, and everything that happened to the lady in story was all avoidable.

Too late, didn’t matter. He was moving on, thank you very much.

What a shame. I think it’s incumbent on every current EV owner, no matter what we own, to educate the public about the experience of owning, home charging, and fast-charging an EV. We’re losing a lot of potentially happy EV buyers because of their being misinformed.

Exactly. Someone on one of the Lucid FB groups declared that he’d cancel his Lucid order based on the negative experience a new owner had upon taking delivery.

The new owner said that the delivery person didn’t spend more than ten minutes with her to explain everything, she ran low on charge on the way home so she called a tow truck driver. Somehow she ended up at an L2 public charger where she charged for a few hours, and ended up back at her home at 0200 hrs in the morning. All newbie mistakes, and she loves the car by the way.

So the guy who said he was cancelling his Lucid order did so on the basis of the above story. Nothing wrong with car, and really, Lucid Delivery couldn’t be completely faulted for everything that happened on the new owner’s drive home.

I pointed out to the “order canceller” that he would be missing out. I also told him that not only was my Air GT the best EV I had ever owned, but it was also the best car I had ever owned, and everything that happened to the lady in story was all avoidable.

What a shame. I think it’s incumbent on every current EV owner, no matter what we own, to educate the public about the experience of owning, home charging, and fast-charging an EV. We’re losing a lot of potentially happy EV buyers because of their being misinformed.
People who "cancel" like that and give a reasoning like that just want to spread negativity.

I think people like that are already cancelling and are just trying to blame it on Lucid. It’s rare to hear someone say they they are cancelling because of economic issues, although I’m sure that is the #1 reason why people cancel. I’ve also never heard anyone cancel because they are getting a better, more expensive car. Not even really sure if that exists in the category.

I have had my AGT for six months and 9,000 miles, including a 2,000 cross-country drive with successful charging for the entire drive. The car is brilliant dynamically and is a joy to drive. IMO It is by far the best sedan on the market and likely will remain so, especially as OTA updates progress.

I have the same issue, the Lucid support person think it's an issue with having to recalibrate the highway assist. Attached is the instruction on how to do that. Basically, you'll have to run the adaptive cruise control for awhile.
My HWA (HighWay Assist) stopped working with this 2.0.59 or maybe CarPlay update. I suspected that it stopped working, because in the past it would turn itself on at various intersections in the city. I could drive maybe ½ mile or more before it realized that this was not a highway. It would also engage properly on highways. But now it doesn't engage at the same streets as before and it also doesn't engage on the highway. I've only driven about 10 minutes on the highway so far.

When HWA was first released I also had problems with it not engaging. Ι drove 100s of miles including 120 miles to the service center with it not working. They fiddled with it at the service center and reloaded the software and a new version of software was released at about the same time, so who knows what the problem was.

I suppose I could drive for hours on the highway now in hopes that HWA comes back to life, but I think I will request a to get a 2.0.59 re-pushed, in hopes that this will cure the problem. I wish there was a way to know if HWA is available without having to resort to driving on the highway and hoping that it activates. It takes about 25 minutes to go from my house to any highway.

One unrelated positive of this update is that it appears to detect stopped vehicle at traffic lights a lot better and slows down rather than plowing ahead.

I did get to experience the weird CarPlay phone call bug where if you were playing Tidal in the car app (not in CarPlay) previously, when you get a phone call a couple minutes in suddenly Tidal will unpause and play very loudly during your call. Happened to me twice today.

But yeah I agree with the above posts, the car really does actually work really well.
This happens with SXM too. If I am on a call and get into my car, the call switches to carplay like it's supposed to. Then out of nowhere like 2 minutes into my drive, the radio starts playing. If I end the call and call the person back, it works fine.

Back