2.0.59 update

I leave this weekend on a 2400 mile round-trip from Boulder Colorado to Portland, Oregon and back. I’ll try it again on the interstates and let you know how it worked.
I used HA with no problems for my 2,000 drive from NH to Denver in March. There are some sections of the Interstates with unclear lines so it is not perfect but the warning usually came on to alert me to the problem. Otherwise, it was obvious when the car started to drift off the center of the lane.

Have a safe and fun trip.

@yhenry fwiw - i think its only available on certain roads, maybe thats playing a part? otherwise - yeah, get a service scheduled. i dont use mine much but when i do, it seems to be work fine, unlike @nevadagame's experience!
I was able to use it on some common stretch of roads mainly on interstates before the update. So I know it's not an issue with the road segment. I don't use it a lot, but I do like to use HA on longer highway trips to make it easier. I've scheduled a service center visit in late July.

HA can be useful, on multi-lane highways that are reasonably dry and well marked and straight or relatively smooth curves, and not in the right lane. In the right lane it will get confused by the right lane markers that are there for exits and merges, track a bit loosely then suddenly correct. For not-so-graceful curves it doesn't slow as it enters the turn and may have difficulty when it comes to sharp corrections (perhaps surprising the driver when it tells you to take over ...). And where we humans will usually move around a bit in a lane as we pass trucks or other vehicles, HA will not flinch. I've found it good on slowing/stopping when the traffic flow suddenly changes, but it may make many nervous as we speculate on whether or not it will brake in time to avoid hitting the car slowing in front of us (I've hit the brake only a couple of times where there was unusual driver activity and lane changing around sudden slowdowns).
So, useful for longer drives on interstates with 3+ lanes, making longer road trips much more enjoyable. Local grocery trips? Not so much.

Back