2.0.59 update

Was driving home in traffic today and decided to create another mirror in the car. What I noticed is the rims match my car. I’m guessing this was part of this update, but I could be wrong.
IMG_2408.webp

My HWA (HighWay Assist) stopped working with this 2.0.59 or maybe CarPlay update. I suspected that it stopped working, because in the past it would turn itself on at various intersections in the city. I could drive maybe ½ mile or more before it realized that this was not a highway. It would also engage properly on highways. But now it doesn't engage at the same streets as before and it also doesn't engage on the highway. I've only driven about 10 minutes on the highway so far.

When HWA was first released I also had problems with it not engaging. Ι drove 100s of miles including 120 miles to the service center with it not working. They fiddled with it at the service center and reloaded the software and a new version of software was released at about the same time, so who knows what the problem was.

I suppose I could drive for hours on the highway now in hopes that HWA comes back to life, but I think I will request a to get a 2.0.59 re-pushed, in hopes that this will cure the problem. I wish there was a way to know if HWA is available without having to resort to driving on the highway and hoping that it activates. It takes about 25 minutes to go from my house to any highway.

One unrelated positive of this update is that it appears to detect stopped vehicle at traffic lights a lot better and slows down rather than plowing ahead.
My highway assist is gone as well since the .59 update. Customer support texted today to say to wait for a future software update. My turn signal cameras also stopped working again today mid-trip & for the first time the front & rear cameras as well. This is the 4th time since .59 the turn signal cameras have gone out. I'm considering doing the nuclear reset to see if it helps.

My highway assist is gone as well since the .59 update. Customer support texted today to say to wait for a future software update. My turn signal cameras also stopped working again today mid-trip & for the first time the front & rear cameras as well. This is the 4th time since .59 the turn signal cameras have gone out. I'm considering doing the nuclear reset to see if it helps.
I haven't heard from Customer Support. It's been 24 hours. I'll wait and see what happens with other people. Maybe they'll surprise us with an update this weekend.

i noticed that my turn signal videos are gone... after i charge at home overnight (level1)... and until i stop, but then when i start again - its back. seems to be pretty consistent. far as highway assist - it seemed to become disabled easier but generally worked. looking forward to next ota!

i noticed that my turn signal videos are gone... after i charge at home overnight (level1)... and until i stop, but then when i start again - its back. seems to be pretty consistent. far as highway assist - it seemed to become disabled easier but generally worked. looking forward to next ota!
My car was just looked at for a similar issue where I would lose all sound and blinkers after charging overnight. Apparently it’s not that common, but 2.060 and/or 2.061 will fix it when released.

My HWA (HighWay Assist) stopped working with this 2.0.59 or maybe CarPlay update. I suspected that it stopped working, because in the past it would turn itself on at various intersections in the city. I could drive maybe ½ mile or more before it realized that this was not a highway. It would also engage properly on highways. But now it doesn't engage at the same streets as before and it also doesn't engage on the highway. I've only driven about 10 minutes on the highway so far.

When HWA was first released I also had problems with it not engaging. Ι drove 100s of miles including 120 miles to the service center with it not working. They fiddled with it at the service center and reloaded the software and a new version of software was released at about the same time, so who knows what the problem was.

I suppose I could drive for hours on the highway now in hopes that HWA comes back to life, but I think I will request a to get a 2.0.59 re-pushed, in hopes that this will cure the problem. I wish there was a way to know if HWA is available without having to resort to driving on the highway and hoping that it activates. It takes about 25 minutes to go from my house to any highway.

One unrelated positive of this update is that it appears to detect stopped vehicle at traffic lights a lot better and slows down rather than plowing ahead.
Hi, @Alex.

Thanks for sharing. I just dropped you a DM.

Directionals are gone pilot panel is black two resets third time was the charm...

My turn signal cameras have quit twice after L2 charging as well. I assumed it was coincidence but perhaps they’re related. This never happened to me before the CarPlay update.

My turn signal cameras have quit twice after L2 charging as well. I assumed it was coincidence but perhaps they’re related. This never happened to me before the CarPlay update.
Happened to me first time today! Other times, I would have no sound.

Was it after charging or just spontaneous?

Always after L2 charging
I had that happen to me once after .58. Never happened again. I thought maybe they had addressed it in .59. Guess I’ve just been lucky.

Same, L2 charging and no blindspot cameras. Quick valet reset fixed it. But never happened to me either before.

i did the signal keyfob lock deal then the card signal then card thing again and it cleard
FYI: those are both the same except the key card disables proximity sensing.

Same, L2 charging and no blindspot cameras. Quick valet reset fixed it. But never happened to me either before.

I hear that this may be addressed in 2.0.61

What is a Valet reset, lock and unlock with the Card? For FOB reset is it left turn signal, exit and lock the car with FOB? Thanks. They still have not called me.

What is a Valet reset, lock and unlock with the Card? For FOB reset is it left turn signal, exit and lock the car with FOB? Thanks. They still have not called me.
There's a thread here on various reset methods

The reset I prefer most of the time is the Valet reset using the Valet card because it's the fastest method according to my technician.
He said once you turn on/off the car, it stops looking for nearby FOB's for the time being. This allows you to exit the vehicle, use valet card against the pillar to turn it off. Stand there for 15 seconds, then turn it back on using valet card, then you're good to go.

Back