2.0.59 update

Must have a lot of boomer-Lucid owners on this forum…
Let me clarify the refresh excitement phenomenon. Obviously, there is no refresh. However, some will constantly open and close the app to see if an update is available and that's our silly version of a refresh. It was a light-hearted way to say "Hey...we know you're excited, but please be patient and wait before contacting customer service." Also, as a gal in her 30s, I don't qualify as a boomer 😂, but I do love them! ❤️

I think my post came across wrong, I would never pit the two models against each other..... @TakeDuo owns a Pure & a GT, so I was referring to which of their cars would get it first, the new one or the original haha! Sorry if it sounded off putting.
And the GT wins! Installing now. Mrs. TakeDuo has the GT today though so I hope I lock her out of it while she’s shopping 😂

And the GT wins! Installing now. Mrs. TakeDuo has the GT today though so I hope I lock her out of it while she’s shopping 😂
When she finds this thread....

Is the ability to schedule the update install new? I don't recall seeing it before.

IMG_1582.jpeg
IMG_1583.webp

I never saw the ability to schedule an update before.

Let me clarify the refresh excitement phenomenon. Obviously, there is no refresh. However, some will constantly open and close the app to see if an update is available and that's our silly version of a refresh. It was a light-hearted way to say "Hey...we know you're excited, but please be patient and wait before contacting customer service." Also, as a gal in her 30s, I don't qualify as a boomer 😂, but I do love them! ❤️

Oh, dear. I’m afraid that snide remark came across wrong. I was actually taking a potshot at people like myself, boomers who really think “refresh” is a thing. The closer I slide into the plump part of the middle-age curve, the more frequently my boomer moments happen.

My apologies to @Lady_LCID.

Of note, the app did not send me a notification for update with two cars in the profile. I had the Pure selected as my default car. I switched to the GT to “refresh” ( 😂 ), and it showed the badge icon on the shield for the GT. For you all when you get your Gravity…. May need to submit that note to Customer Care as a long term look at app update.

Oh, dear. I’m afraid that snide remark came across wrong. I was actually taking a potshot at people like myself, boomers who really think “refresh” is a thing. The closer I slide into the plump part of the middle-age curve, the more frequently my boomer moments happen.

My apologies to @Lady_LCID.
And here I thought you were some young boomer hatin kid. 😆 All good my friend! 🫶🏼

I think my post came across wrong, I would never pit the two models against each other..... @TakeDuo owns a Pure & a GT, so I was referring to which of their cars would get it first, the new one or the original haha! Sorry if it sounded off putting.
Nah, don't worry.
Your post was perfectly fine for me.
I was just being facetious.

I had to send a note to customer service to push the CarPlay update, bought the car in third week of March 2023. Today, the app notified of the update being available. Moving on and applied the update. Went for a drive, and the camera on reverse gear seems so much clearer than before, the front camera has a wider angle view. The picture is starkly different. That is the first noticeable difference, will try the high way assist and share back what is the difference.

I wonder if this update will allow HA to work in Canada? My DDP is reduced to 360 camera function only :(
I’m installing now. Before I hit “install” I was presented with a screen in the app that looked similar to Bobby’s but different in a very important way: the text began “With this update we’re launching Highway Assist in Canada”. And then a bunch more text.

Like an idiot I didn’t take a screenshot. But that’s what it said, I promise, and I’ve only had one small Scotch this evening!

A step in the right direction. Ultimately I’d like to see the lane change happen completely automatically, initiated upon your activating the turn signal. Upon using your turn signal the car checks the adjacent lane for converging traffic, then executes the lane change.

It’s been like this at “the other EV brand” for years.

Well, yea and no. Our 2015 Model S for which we purchased "Enhanced Autopilot" (the top-tier ADAS at the time) received this feature through an OTA update when it was introduced. Then Tesla later removed the feature -- along with several others in the original purchase price -- and migrated it over to the new FSD it was introducing.

We did not purchase any additional ADAS features when we bought our 2021 Model S, as there is no guarantee with Tesla that you'll keep what you paid for. Tesla has since "clarified" the situation by explaining that you are not really purchasing their ADAS features. You are just purchasing a license to use them on terms Tesla is free to alter at any time for any reason.

I’m installing now. Before I hit “install” I was presented with a screen in the app that looked similar to Bobby’s but different in a very important way: the text began “With this update we’re launching Highway Assist in Canada”. And then a bunch more text.

Like an idiot I didn’t take a screenshot. But that’s what it said, I promise, and I’ve only had one small Scotch this evening!
Same. I was half asleep when I installed it this AM. Does anyone know how to go back and see what the features are for the update *after* installation?

Same. I was half asleep when I installed it this AM. Does anyone know how to go back and see what the features are for the update *after* installation?
Go into the car and hit learn more

Back