What Type of Manual Comes With The Air?

MPawelek

Cars
None
I have bookmarked the online manual for the Air and it has few details that are practical and misses a lot. Does a more detailed paper manual come with the Air or does it have the internal manual that you read from the screen in the car?

Definitely has the e-manual in the car. I have a paper manual as well. I know some cars got delivered without a physical manual but could get one at the owner's request. You also have one via the mobile app and also via your online account.

The paper manual is an abridged version. The official manual is the e-manual.

USELESS

Attachments

• D2B610F5-621D-4F0B-AAD5-4D63F2A17BE9.jpeg
    D2B610F5-621D-4F0B-AAD5-4D63F2A17BE9.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 97
Yea my service guys said that it'll get outdated with OTA stuff, but the hardware bits are still good. Also, some people just NEED a paper manual

It may get outdated, but I would want one as a backup in case I don’t have cell signal to look it up on the phone and I needed to access it.

That manual talks about how to move seats forward & back. How to use seatbelts, how to install child’s safety seat, airbags, windows, etc. USELESS.

That manual talks about how to move seats forward & back. How to use seatbelts, how to install child’s safety seat, airbags, windows, etc. USELESS.

Those all sound like useful things to me 🤷‍♂️

Believe me, you know how seats & seatbelts work.

The law requires explanation. One very useful thing, for example: it explains how to tow the vehicle safely without damaging it.

Useful stuff is how to engage Alexa, what are the different radio formats:HD1, HD2 etc., what are the different button and knobs on the steering wheel? Maybe more depth into the GPS… anything on the myriad of features.

i would have thought it contains more than that, but obviously many of us have not seen a manual yet.

The law requires explanation. One very useful thing, for example: it explains how to tow the vehicle safely without damaging it.
Yes, but the number of people needing that info is .02% compared to all the other stuff that we ask each other on here.

I just feel owner satisfaction could have been greatly improved if every time I had a question about something I could have had SOME reference to it in the manual. I became somewhat incredulous that I wasn’t shown anything on my car and had nowhere to get info. Initially I felt like a dummy but eventually came to realize I wasn’t the only one left in the dark.

The e-manual, which is also accessible from inside the car on the pilot panel, has all that info you’re looking for.

The e-manual, which is also accessible from inside the car on the pilot panel, has all that info you’re looking for.
Yes but I find it so unwieldy… I search for something that might be what I’m looking for, and the search goes back and forth until I give up. Mine doesn’t have drop down sections… I have to go back to TOC after every screen.

Yeah. It is often easier for me to find things in a paper manual than in an online version.

Yeah. It is often easier for me to find things in a paper manual than in an online version.
I'm the complete opposite..gimme emanuals all day, ctrl-f

I'm the complete opposite..gimme emanuals all day, ctrl-f
I've been unable to locate the online manual. My CS has never mentioned it. Would you please direct me to it? -- I assume it's under my account area? ( ...I'm assuming it's like the online version in the car... more in depth that the paper one?)

I've been unable to locate the online manual. My CS has never mentioned it. Would you please direct me to it? -- I assume it's under my account area? ( ...I'm assuming it's like the online version in the car... more in depth that the paper one?)
Under you account go to your Dashboard, then to Manage my Vehicle. Then scroll down to the glovebox and you will see it.

Back