Preconditioning questions

Yeah but - I want to see a real graph, that’s what I’m saying, not random snapshots. The integration updates every 15 seconds and will give you the exact graph you want; I’d be happy to help someone set it up if they already have Home Assistant running.
any easy way to auto-share the graph back after a charging session, or do you want it just in a separate post here?

You have a GT right? Can you just post the 5% increments from charging if you get a chance in the near future?

The home integration is cool, but look at the curves from everyone. It's smooth, there aren't any spikes or anything. A quick plot of the 5% increments will give us all the info we need
I can do a video and record every 1% increment tomorrow after full 40min pre conditioning. Currently my SOC is 25% it should be near 20% tomorrow after use.

Ill do the same next charge but since I just charged, it may be like 10 or so days. Ill most likely get to 10% SoC or less.

The outline of steps is:
1) Set up HomeAssistant somewhere. This is home automation software, sort of like a Nest Hub or an Apple HomePod except built by a community with support for integrating all sorts of "smart" brands/devices. You can buy a Home Assistant Green device, which is the super easy route. Just like the HomePod, you just plug it in, install the app on your phone, and get going. If you're tech-savvy and have a spare computer (Raspberry Pi, whatever, doesn't matter) laying around you can install the software yourself instead.
2) Install the Home Assistant Community Store extension (HACS), which gives you access to extensions like ours which haven't been accepted into the more curated Home Assistant core yet.
3) Install our extension via HACS, following our instructions.
4) Nothing but button-pushing from here - in the app (or website if you prefer a full sized screen), you'll go to Settings > Devices > Add, search for Lucid, and enter your credentials.

Optional step, if you want access to the data/controls from outside your home, subscribe to HA's cloud service. Again if you're tech-savvy and feel like it you can forward ports, reverse proxy, or other such shenanigans rather than paying for the service.

Happy to help if you have other questions or run into problems.

... This should really go in its own thread somewhere easier to find, oops.

Thanks will check this out. Can I just install it on my normal PC i never turn off? lol

You have a GT right? Can you just post the 5% increments from charging if you get a chance in the near future?

The home integration is cool, but look at the curves from everyone. It's smooth, there aren't any spikes or anything. A quick plot of the 5% increments will give us all the info we need

So are you saying that this shouldnt be smooth curves? Maybe people are just having smooth charging curves?

I really wish I could find a non balanced 350kW charger but i think they dont exist lol

Last edited:
Thanks will check this out. Can I just install it on my normal PC i never turn off? lol
You could. There are all kinds of installation options. Keep scrolling until you see the Windows option if that's what you've got. It's not going to be a program with an installer though, It'll be a virtual machine. You can download it and load it into something like Virtualbox - a free and relatively easy virtual machine manager - to run it.

So are you saying that this shouldnt be smooth curves? Maybe people are just having smooth charging curves?
I’m just saying increments at 5% will be almost as valuable as an ultra high resolution home assistant graph. The charging curve is smooth

I’m just saying increments at 5% will be almost as valuable as an ultra high resolution home assistant graph. The charging curve is smooth
I'll be posting my recent Touring vs GT comparison soon. I'm just having some issues posting a new thread currently.

I second the request for a dedicated forum here on LucidOwners for the HA integration!
@borski I have HA Green and your integration running via HACS. All working great.
2 questions: (feel free to PM)
  1. happy to supply a charging curve for my car if you tell me how to do it. I do have HA Cloud service up and running... just don't know how to generate the graph you're looking for.
  2. how do i get your cool graphic card for my lucid air rather than just a bunch of stats shown on an Entities card?

I can do a video and record every 1% increment tomorrow after full 40min pre conditioning. Currently my SOC is 25% it should be near 20% tomorrow after use.
He are my results.

Preconditioned for 20min
Outside Temp 53
Sharing the 350KW EA
SOC 12%
+162 miles in 12min
+192 miles in 15min
Peak rate 229KW
Lowest 55KW
Took 38min from 12% SOC to 80% SOC

1708571643915.jpeg

He are my results.

Preconditioned for 20min
Outside Temp 53
Sharing the 350KW EA
SOC 12%
+162 miles in 12min
+192 miles in 15min
Peak rate 229KW
Lowest 55KW
Took 38min from 12% SOC to 80% SOC

View attachment 18568
Checked my video and at 13% - I was at the same rate of charge.

I didnt record for long - only until 15%

I do think 65% is the sweet spot to bail. If you started at a lower SoC, I'm sure the 200 miles in 12 minutes is achievable per Lucid marketing.

Yes, i have seen 200miles in 12 min when i charged from 2% with preconditioning.

My speeds may have been better if the station was not shared. I have seen only very few times the charge was slow. Apart from those few instances my charge speeds are as specked.

Yes, i have seen 200miles in 12 min when i charged from 2% with preconditioning.

My speeds may have been better if the station was not shared. I have seen only very few times the charge was slow. Apart from those few instances my charge speeds are as specked.
Guessing that’s the peak it can do as per what Lucid advertises. If it could
Do better they’d be shilling that constantly in marketing materials.

preconditioning is really made for non CA coastal areas
Does preconditioning on a cold battery help with actual range that one can achieve? In other words, if its ~20 degrees outside, will manually preconditioning prior to a trip improve the mi/Kwh achieved on the trip?

Does preconditioning on a cold battery help with actual range that one can achieve? In other words, if its ~20 degrees outside, will manually preconditioning prior to a trip improve the mi/Kwh achieved on the trip?
Assuming you’re plugged in at home, I’ve found it definitely helps at the onset of the trip since the battery and cabin have already been warmed with current from your home as opposed to the battery.

Back