Instruction Manuel

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
When purchasing a car that cost north of $100K, I was surprised by the incomplete, skimpy instruction manual that came with my very complex Air Touring. The manual only covered the basic safety aspects. I was advised to print out the complete manual from Lucid's website, which I did. However, carrying around a sheaf of over 200 8.5x11 pages in the car is not practical. Yes, I know you can call up the manual on the Pilot Panel, but then you have to flip back and forth between the manual and the controls you are trying to understand. I recommend my solution to everyone: I buy a Samsung Tab A7 Lite tablet for $130 (it's sometimes on sale for $109). Or if you're an Apple fan you can spend $200 more for an iPad Mini. Then download the Lucid PDF of the manual and a good PDF reader. I now have the complete manual that's fast to scroll through, in an easy to read (even in the dark), easy to store form that fits compactly in the Lucid glovebox. Furthermore, any time Lucid updates the manual reflecting updated software, I simply redownload it. Thus, it's always current without wasting paper.

Considering the cost of the Touring and Grand Touring, and the fact that Lucid could probably buy these Tab A7 Lite tablets for $100 in bulk, it sure would be useful and classy to supply one loaded with the manual with every car.

Just FYI, when I bought my Tesla Model S, it didn't come with any users manual. The users manual could found on the center console.

As for Lucid, they come with a Users manual. Not as detail as a typical ISE car, but there is one. The same manual could be access on the app and on the pilot panel.

There have been 26 updates since I took delivery of my car. A paper manual, would be semi outdated by now. It doesn't matter on an ICE car without software updates, but as this car has been evolving, a paper manual seems way too archaic for this type of vehicle.

I keep the manual on an old iPad. Keep it with me and read it while charging. It is a work around but I like it better than the book I received with my 2023 AGT. Finally found a use for the first edition iPad.

Back