Wheel Locks are NOT on The Lucid Air

Tesla2Lucid

Verified Owner
Cars
DE-P (1st dzn: 10/30/21)
DE Number
Referral Code
TBW1L5UN
Brought my lucid air in to America’s tire because of a potential slow leak in one of the tires. First question they asked was if it comes with standard factory issue wheel locks. All the nuts have covers so was not sure. Would rather not have to remove those Lug nut covers so I looked in the manual and then called to verify that, indeed, the car does NOT come with standard wheel locks. Just an oddity that I figured I’d post in case somebody else came to this forum looking for that information.

I actually noticed this too - it’s the first car I’ve owned that I didn’t put wheel locks on (I usually negotiate them in when I buy a car).

Maybe I should buy some aftermarket ones.

I actually noticed this too - it’s the first car I’ve owned that I didn’t put wheel locks on (I usually negotiate them in when I buy a car).

Maybe I should buy some aftermarket ones.
I saw some other threads discussing after market wheel locks. I guess it all depends on where you drive and your level of discomfort and your potential inconvenience quotient. Put all that in your algorithm and WALLA! ;)

Wheel locks are a joke which at best might slow down a thief by maybe a few seconds per wheel, smash a socket on the lock, hit it with a your battery impact and away your lock goes.
At the 1:10 mark is how it's done.

Wheel locks are a joke which at best might slow down a thief by maybe a few seconds per wheel, smash a socket on the lock, hit it with a your battery impact and away your lock goes.
At the 1:10 mark is how it's done.
True, and I’ve removed my own before, but most thieves don’t have those tools with them and are looking for low hanging fruit. A semi-dedicated attacker will of course be successful.

True, and I’ve removed my own before, but most thieves don’t have those tools with them and are looking for low hanging fruit. A semi-dedicated attacker will of course be successful.
A toddler with a plastic fisher price hammer could probably remove it lol

I also don't see the point of wheel locks, although my neighborhood has almost no thefts

Our expensive, car specific tires are the wheel locks. No one is going to be stealing these bad boys because there's no aftermarket for them. Ask @blueice89
Rumor has it that if you powder coat your wheel locks, instead of stealing the car, the thief will wait around for you and offer 6k per set!

A toddler with a plastic fisher price hammer could probably remove it lol

I also don't see the point of wheel locks, although my neighborhood has almost no thefts
Feel free to make a video of you removing them with a fisher price hammer, and I will personally help you make it go viral

Back