What really grinds my gears

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyle112

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid touring
While the general experience has been positive, below are some criticisms after about 2 months of ownership (apologies for the rant but I really want this to be a perfect car!):

The steering wheel toggles feel flimsy and don't have a satisfying click

The button on the inside of the trunk and frunk lid are both flimsy and feel cheap

Would be great to be able to have the map on the top screen and have audio controls available on the bottom screen

I really miss Google maps

The next button should change the Sirius station, not try to advance the song

The trunk lid only opens when you unlock the door, if you have proximity off you have to unlock the doors to open the trunk

Speaking of unlocking the doors, it routinely takes 3 or 4 attempts with phone bluetooth- what's the deal here? And sometimes I can unlock from any door and sometimes only the driver side

While I don't carry the fob, it's really the flimsiest key fob I've ever had- not Instagram worthy at all

Homelink garage situation is annoying- backing out of my garage and then having to hit 3-4 buttons to close the garage and then turn the camera back on- confusing and stressful. I've reverted to just keeping the garage door opener clipped to the visor, which guests always comment on.

Anyone else feel the rear glass warps everything when looking out the rearview mirror?

Fogging up of the b pillar camera- annoying to see every morning in cold weather

Yes indeed. UX3 should fix some of these, hoping for this year.

While the general experience has been positive, below are some criticisms after about 2 months of ownership (apologies for the rant but I really want this to be a perfect car!):

The button on the inside of the trunk and frunk lid are both flimsy and feel cheap

Would be great to be able to have the map on the top screen and have audio controls available on the bottom screen

I really miss Google maps

The next button should change the Sirius station, not try to advance the song

The trunk lid only opens when you unlock the door, if you have proximity off you have to unlock the doors to open the trunk

Speaking of unlocking the doors, it routinely takes 3 or 4 attempts with phone bluetooth- what's the deal here? And sometimes I can unlock from any door and sometimes only the driver side

While I don't carry the fob, it's really the flimsiest key fob I've ever had- not Instagram worthy at all

Homelink garage situation is annoying- backing out of my garage and then having to hit 3-4 buttons to close the garage and then turn the camera back on- confusing and stressful. I've reverted to just keeping the garage door opener clipped to the visor, which guests always comment on.

Anyone else feel the rear glass warps everything when looking out the rearview mirror?

Fogging up of the b pillar camera- annoying to see every morning in cold weather
I don’t see how it’s possible for these things to grind your gears, given the Lucid has a one speed. I’m filing a class action against you for this misleading note! 🤣

On a serious note, all these complaints do seem valid, but sadly some aren’t fixable via software. Great to hear it’s overall good though!

the driving experience is great but the finishing quality is lacking greatly with what you would expect from an expensive car. I got my car in early December 2023 and already one of the fan button was pealing of and was replaced, the inside cover in the frunk was detached when I got the car and had to be serviced, now the close button inside the frunk is super loose and will not last 3 years,also in the trunk I have 2 metal decorative plates inside the trunk door that are pealing off and needs to be glued. Not impressed with this. Even the little cord for the keyfab broke apart ! I hope that the mechanic part is more reliable. I agree with comment from Pyle 112, I would also add that at night when my headlights are one I can see 2 black spots which is kind of weird?

Man I brought this up and I got torn to pieces by the mods lol. This is probably the most annoying thing that unfortunately cant be fixed with OTA. I just wish it was a scroll wheel. My main issue is that using it to raise or lower volume or ACC speed is not very quick or intuitive using them

I’m hopeful that if lucid ever decides to give the Air meaningful updates in the future, phone as a key performance should be fixable. Rivian issued multiple updates just for this over the last year and it’s mostly pretty good now. It’s been mega-raining here in CA this week and running to your car only to have it…not open is the worst lol

Homelink also definitely top annoyance for a lot of people around here, hopefully they’ll address it at some point.

Man I brought this up and I got torn to pieces by the mods lol. This is probably the most annoying thing that unfortunately cant be fixed with OTA. I just wish it was a scroll wheel. My main issue is that using it to raise or lower volume or ACC speed is not very quick or intuitive using them

I’m hopeful that if lucid ever decides to give the Air meaningful updates in the future, phone as a key performance should be fixable. Rivian issued multiple updates just for this over the last year and it’s mostly pretty good now. It’s been mega-raining here in CA this week and running to your car only to have it…not open is the worst lol

Homelink also definitely top annoyance for a lot of people around here, hopefully they’ll address it at some point.
I’ve had a couple of loaners and what I’ve noticed is the buttons, dials, and stalks on the loaner are clicky as hell. Like way more refined then on my personal car. My personal cars buttons are mushy and the stalks have some play to them. There are a handful of other things that are better and worse that I’ve noticed. This has lead me to the conclusion that car to car, the experience on these fit and finish issues are much different from car to car.

Hell even my first loaner would unlock flawlessly maybe even too big of a range at times. The second loaner is decent but there have been times where the key fob isn’t recognized for about a minute of me pressing the handles but does open. Probably works flawlessly 80% of the time. My car was shooting at 25% at best. Thankfully they replaced my antennas and module that holds the antennas. I get to pick my car up tomorrow.

All that to say, the difference in perspectives on here aren’t as biased as I once thought. I genuinely think the experience differs from car to car which is a problem in itself. It could be continuous revisions in the background that are happening as well though.

Hell even my first loaner would unlock flawlessly maybe even too big of a range at times. The second loaner is decent but there have been times where the key fob isn’t recognized for about a minute of me pressing the handles but does open. Probably works flawlessly 80% of the time. My car was shooting at 25% at best. Thankfully they replaced my antennas and module that holds the antennas. I get to pick my car up tomorrow.

Mine is hit or miss. Some days it opens from a large distance and some days it doesn’t open at all. I think the variance is in the software. It’s just not very well refined. But let us know how it goes after you get your back, but please use it for at least a week to ensure you’ve had time to verify it over multiple times and conditions

I hate this thread.

Here‘s TLDR:

IMG_1169.jpeg

I had a loaner that clicked and hated it. Was very happy to go back to my car. So some of these things are definitely a personal preference type of thing. Though the door opening thing does vary from car to car and phone to phone. Learned that earlier today so experiences will differ. For example, Samsung Android S22 have a stronger BT signal and will open the car from further away. Also, my iPhone 15 SE is weaker than the iPhone 15 Pro. I think thisnis why there are variables experiences with the mobile key. Fob still is the most reliable 😁

Mine is hit or miss. Some days it opens from a large distance and some days it doesn’t open at all. I think the variance is in the software. It’s just not very well refined. But let us know how it goes after you get your back, but please use it for at least a week to ensure you’ve had time to verify it over multiple times and conditions
I definitely will but I’m pretty confident that it will be a much improved experience. I’m not looking for perfect anymore, I’m looking for good enough.

Why not just ban criticism? Wouldn’t the forum be a happier place!? 😃
The trick is to keep it constructive, not always easy for mods or participants.

Why not just ban criticism? Wouldn’t the forum be a happier place!? 😃
Criticism is fine. Repetitious whining and complaining is simply annoying.

the driving experience is great but the finishing quality is lacking greatly with what you would expect from an expensive car. I got my car in early December 2023 and already one of the fan button was pealing of and was replaced, the inside cover in the frunk was detached when I got the car and had to be serviced, now the close button inside the frunk is super loose and will not last 3 years,also in the trunk I have 2 metal decorative plates inside the trunk door that are pealing off and needs to be glued. Not impressed with this. Even the little cord for the keyfab broke apart ! I hope that the mechanic part is more reliable. I agree with comment from Pyle 112, I would also add that at night when my headlights are one I can see 2 black spots which is kind of weird?
It’s a brand new car company, their first product. Im not surprised. As long as service fixes these minor issues, I would not get too bothered. The driving and handling makes up for these nuances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back