• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

What make of car were you loyal to before Lucid? … Will you miss it?

Dr_B

Cars
Model Y, Model 3, Lucid T
My dad had an ‘03 X5, ‘08 X3, and a ‘12 X3 when we first test drove the Model S. He traded that last BMW for a Model 3P, and at 75 years old had the coolest car on the block. Now at 80 he’s going to do it again with an Air.

Does he miss the Beemers? “A little bit but not really.” And certainly doesn’t miss the maintenance.

So what brand were you loyal to before you switched?

Messerschmit! Love the clear roof just like the Lucid Air…😊

Attachments

• B3BF7BAB-43CF-406B-8FF1-4C1BD6A06772.jpeg
    B3BF7BAB-43CF-406B-8FF1-4C1BD6A06772.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 73
2018 Lincoln Navigator. Still have it until I get my Hummer SUV, if I get it. I really like the Navigator, just wish that it was electric.

I was hoping my old Cayenne would last until the electric macan came out. I would go back to Porsche. But to be honest I would go whichever I liked at the moment. I don’t think people are as brand loyal now as they were in the past.

I'm usually an extreme brand-loyal kind of person, but for whatever reason I never had that with cars. Part of it was living in New York for many years and just not needing a car, I suppose.

I'd say I'm slightly partial to Audi, if any brand. If they made an EV that actually suited me, I'd certainly give it a look. But they haven't yet.

Definitely German brands in general over Japanese or American.

Driving a Tesla now, but definitely was never loyal to the brand. Just thought they made the best EV option at the time.

Hoping to become loyal to Lucid, if all goes well.

Had 2 model S back to back for a daily driver. I miss the software as well as the supercharger network. Well lucid software will get better and maybe by the end of the year we will be using the Tesla supercharger network. A win win in my book

I'm usually an extreme brand-loyal kind of person, but for whatever reason I never had that with cars. Part of it was living in New York for many years and just not needing a car, I suppose.

I'd say I'm slightly partial to Audi, if any brand. If they made an EV that actually suited me, I'd certainly give it a look. But they haven't yet.

Definitely German brands in general over Japanese or American.

Driving a Tesla now, but definitely was never loyal to the brand. Just thought they made the best EV option at the time.

Hoping to become loyal to Lucid, if all goes well.
Etron rs6 avant
Audi-A6-Avant-E-Tron-Concept-10.jpg

Been an Audi guy for the last 10+ years. The e-Tron was the last straw with shoddy buggy software and horrible infrastructure. Audi just pretended like they had never heard of the issues. I would’ve gotten an e-Tron GT but they left such a sour taste in my mouth I’ll never buy a VW Group car again.

Messerschmit! Love the clear roof just like the Lucid Air…😊
I can vouch for this. It’s one cool 😎 car. It even has yoke steering wheel. 😆 and it opens like a luggage trunk. 😂

2018 Lincoln Navigator. Still have it until I get my Hummer SUV, if I get it. I really like the Navigator, just wish that it was electric.
That Navigator was on top of my list. Now I’m waiting for next mammoth EV SUV.

I have been loyal to Honda for 32 years. It’s one good brand for low maintenance, high fuel economy and just overall practicality. 4 Accords, 2 Civic, 1 CRX, 1 Odyssey later, I started adding German cars to the mix for family (MB, Porsche, VW)
Just before I got my AGT, my favorite ride was Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I can get on curb and cut thru some shallow water terrain like Captain Sparrow. I thought that was going to be my last ever joyride; but Lucid AGT totally beats it. This car is just stupid fast, great DolBy ATMOS surround and internal cabin that is quieter to my other rides in the past.
I can see myself stay loyal to Lucid for years to come if they can impress me with more models.
CE5860B5-9E12-4DB1-8A8C-E717189DF2A8.jpeg

Try the Rivian R1S. Navigators are sweet but I do not like Ford. I was fine with my two Chevy Suburbans without the unnecessary markup of Cadillac Brand. They just became too hard to park for me and the last one was Stolen 😭
Last year vacation taking kids and newphews around Orlando, I was so impressed of cabin space. Driver side also feel like have good amount of gadgets, only draw back is gas hog and not easy to park. Navigation not just a great car, it also look very masculine gentleman quality.

I saw Rivian twice on the road this year. One time in Queens, NYC and once in Fort Worth, TX. I think it is a nice cute utility like Ford Bronco.

Last year vacation taking kids and newphews around Orlando, I was so impressed of cabin space. Driver side also feel like have good amount of gadgets, only draw back is gas hog and not easy to park. Navigation not just a great car, it also look very masculine gentleman quality.

I saw Rivian twice on the road this year. One time in Queens, NYC and once in Fort Worth, TX. I think it is a nice cute utility like Ford Bronco.
Yes the Navigator definitely looks more stately than the Cadillac ESV. Both and their lower priced brethren like the Suburban or the Ford Equivalent not so much. For me Price was an issue. I could not justify paying double for a Cadillac vs the Chevy Suburban for pretty much the same utility and reliability.

The Lucid is an impulse buy to own something unique that I can now afford.

The Lucid is an impulse buy to own something unique that I can now afford.
You mean Lucid GT. You could just gotten a Pure or Touring. They are not double price like ESV to Suburbanz

I’m dating myself here but still have fond memories of my first luxury car: the first generation Acura Legend, a combo of performance and good value at the time it came out.
Same with its successor, the TL 😢

Back