• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

What make of car were you loyal to before Lucid? … Will you miss it?

Dr_B

Cars
Model Y, Model 3, Lucid T
My dad had an ‘03 X5, ‘08 X3, and a ‘12 X3 when we first test drove the Model S. He traded that last BMW for a Model 3P, and at 75 years old had the coolest car on the block. Now at 80 he’s going to do it again with an Air.

Does he miss the Beemers? “A little bit but not really.” And certainly doesn’t miss the maintenance.

So what brand were you loyal to before you switched?

My dad had an ‘03 X5, ‘08 X3, and a ‘12 X3 when we first test drove the Model S. He traded that last BMW for a Model 3P, and at 75 years old had the coolest car on the block. Now at 80 he’s going to do it again with an Air.

Does he miss the Beemers? “A little bit but not really.” And certainly doesn’t miss the maintenance.

I’ve had BMWs the most but they nickel and dime you to death. After about the first 2-3 years it becomes a process of playing whack-a-mole with dash warning lights, so no more.

I will always have an older 911. Other than that no particular loyalty.

I’ve had BMWs the most but they nickel and dime you to death. After about the first 2-3 years it becomes a process of playing whack-a-mole with dash warning lights, so no more.

I will always have an older 911. Other than that no particular loyalty.
Porsche, their curves, ooo-la-la… they are just too sexy like Air.

All Lexus for past 15 years. Nothing exciting but incredibly comfortable and reliable with luxe interiors. Not one problem with any of the models we've owned (LS, LC, RX). Lucid should be a big change .... first EV and much more unique vehicle (and probably a little more "excitement" in reliability area?!)

This just happened. This MB Maybach was rolling down driver side window slowly passing to take video of my AGT. I started to pull my phone out to take his picture, he then roll up his window. He was blocking the right turn lane and got honked by others behind him. Lucid AGT just draw a lot of attention.
5D193E46-5FF2-4B09-A261-FF7A65569615.jpeg

I’ve been fortunate to own quite a few different brands.
Not counting trucks, I’ve owned more BMWs and Hondas than anything else.
Multiple favorites for vastly different reasons. Dodge Stealth twin turbo, GTR, V10 M5, 911 Turbo S, Alpina B7 with short wheelbase.
I have on order one of the final 12 BMW 760 with the V12 arriving soon.

I am really enjoying having an EV. There is no other EV I would trade the AIR for.

I‘m interested to see if I drive the BMW more or the Lucid.

I’ve been fortunate to own quite a few different brands.
Not counting trucks, I’ve owned more BMWs and Hondas than anything else.
Multiple favorites for vastly different reasons. Dodge Stealth twin turbo, GTR, V10 M5, 911 Turbo S, Alpina B7 with short wheelbase.
I have on order one of the final 12 BMW 760 with the V12 arriving soon.

I am really enjoying having an EV. There is no other EV I would trade the AIR for.

I‘m interested to see if I drive the BMW more or the Lucid.
That is a sweet BMW...take good care of it and let your descendants inherit it.

I drive a BMW 530e ()I would have preferred a 545e but the sobs won't sell it in the USA). I did a test drive in an IX 50i and it drove very well. If it weren't so butt ugly I would have considered it. But it is butt ugly...not just the bugs bunny grille but the whole car.

I will miss BMW but as of now...it is not in the running. Lucid is my choice but if anything goes wrong with the Lucid, I have a refundable deposit down on a Cadillac Lyriq as well.

Back