I REALLY miss my car šŸ˜¢

Hope you get your baby back soon. Sooo sympathize... I had a rental for 3 months while my AGT was in the shop, and the "best" my insurance company provided was a 2022 RAV4... it really did feel like a boat. Sending positive vibes for the end of the week!

Hope you get your baby back soon. Sooo sympathize... I had a rental for 3 months while my AGT was in the shop, and the "best" my insurance company provided was a 2022 RAV4... it really did feel like a boat. Sending positive vibes for the end of the week!
Yikes, why was your car in the shop for that long? What was your accident, you probably posted about it but I canā€™t remember.

Yikes, why was your car in the shop for that long? What was your accident, you probably posted about it but I canā€™t remember.

Oh yeah that accident! I canā€™t even say 3 months was a long time for repairs given that one, my goodness. I forgot that was @Snafu ā˜¹ļø

I'm so bummed, surgery tomorrow at 7:30am. Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement means I won't be able to drive my Air for probably 6 whole weeks. šŸ˜±
Guess I'll have to settle for relaxing with a bourbon on the rocks listening to Tidal in a reclined, massaged "stationary" Air.

Sometimes you donā€™t know how much you love her until you see her dancing with another man. Every other car I drive reminds me of the ladies in the bar at closing time.

I'm so bummed, surgery tomorrow at 7:30am. Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement means I won't be able to drive my Air for probably 6 whole weeks. šŸ˜±
Guess I'll have to settle for relaxing with a bourbon on the rocks listening to Tidal in a reclined, massaged "stationary" Air.
Good luck! My ortho was the first one in the US to do the reverse total shoulder replacement procedure. He did a rotator cuff repair on me. If you've had shoulder work done before, you know how long it takes to rehab; if not, well, it takes a long time to rehab .... In any case, get one of those icewater circulation machines if you don't already have one.

Good luck! My ortho was the first one in the US to do the reverse total shoulder replacement procedure. He did a rotator cuff repair on me. If you've had shoulder work done before, you know how long it takes to rehab; if not, well, it takes a long time to rehab .... In any case, get one of those icewater circulation machines if you don't already have one.
Been there with both shoulders' rotator, I (unfortunately) know. Got my Iceman ready for another run, and my recliner set up for when I get home as my oasis.
Thanks for good wishes

Been there with both shoulders' rotator, I (unfortunately) know. Got my Iceman ready for another run, and my recliner set up for when I get home as my oasis.
Thanks for good wishes
Ask your anesthesiologist to add decadron to the nerve block and Exparel if they have it šŸ˜‰ want to make sure it lasts as long as possible.

Oh wow, I was replying to the original post with my last reply. I hadnā€™t seen this. Get well soon.

Good luck on the surgery and recovery, it sounds like you have a great doctor. The Air will be there for you when you can drive again.

I had a large tear in my left rotator cuff tendon and had surgery on March 13th, I was driving the AGT defensively 5 days later and am planning to play nine this Thursday. Shout out to Dr. Greg Nicholson and the team at Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush who also repaired my right rotator cuff tendon in 2018 after I wrecked it.

Agree. I had a hip replaced and my surgeon used a great ice machine: NICE. Instead of loading ice, one just puts in a tiny amount of distilled water and like a refrigerator, it then will generate the cold needed for the ice pack. Works great.

Agree. I had a hip replaced and my surgeon used a great ice machine: NICE. Instead of loading ice, one just puts in a tiny amount of distilled water and like a refrigerator, it then will generate the cold needed for the ice pack. Works great.
It does sound a lot nicer than the bags of frozen peas I was putting on my husband's shoulder after his rotator cuff surgery.

I will try and remember, better write those 2 down. He's a golf buddy and want his side money back (mine).
I had a large tear in my left rotator cuff tendon and had surgery on March 13th, I was driving the AGT defensively 5 days later and am planning to play nine this Thursday. Shout out to Dr. Greg Nicholson and the team at Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush who also repaired my right rotator cuff tendon in 2018 after I wrecked it.

He did my 90 year old grandpaā€™s shoulder when he was 86, did great.

Thanks for good wishes
A tip from a reformed serial dislocator: use water bottles in the ice machine instead of ice; just freeze a bunch of water bottles and swap them out as needed. Works great.

A tip from a reformed serial dislocator: use water bottles in the ice machine instead of ice; just freeze a bunch of water bottles and swap them out as needed. Works great.
I'm almost 24 hours out and feel great. It's true, replacement less painful than rotator cuff repair. Both of them were horrible.

Just finished reading this thread. Being away from home almost 6 weeks, riding public transportation and many jerky Uber EVs made me missed my Lucid immensely. Itā€™s really best all around car whether driven or being driven. I never regret decision of making this purchase. Just hope its management can keep improving marketing and communication of this brand.

Back