What home charger to buy.

NoGasPain

Cars
Lucid GT
Hello everyone. We have been following everyones questions and answers on this site for a few months now. We are about to take ownership of our Lucid in the next month. We are planing to buy the Lucid home charger when it comes out. What unit is everyone buying that uses the same wiring the Lucid charger uses? I want to be sure our electrician preps for the Lucid unit but we need a unit to use in the meantime. Thanks for any and all input.

There are many threads on this; I’d recommend searching the forum first. And welcome! :)

My JuiceNet has been fine. I’ve used it for over 3 years on the I Pace and now on the Lucid.

I believe there is some uniqueness to the lucid charger, as I vaguely recall seeing that it supports, or will support, bidirectional power flow…

I would imaging that takes some additional considerations at your electrical box. Otherwise, your electrician will match the wire gauge of a traditional 2 conductor (hot, neutral, and ground) wire based on what charger and amperage you choose.

We have the Juicebox, but have also had the Tesla v2 installed. I can’t remember the amps on the Tesla, but our juicebox is 40 amps and has a recommended 6AWG.

Hope that helps!

Hello everyone. We have been following everyones questions and answers on this site for a few months now. We are about to take ownership of our Lucid in the next month. We are planing to buy the Lucid home charger when it comes out. What unit is everyone buying that uses the same wiring the Lucid charger uses? I want to be sure our electrician preps for the Lucid unit but we need a unit to use in the meantime. Thanks for any and all input.
Well, if you plan on the Lucid Home Charger, just wait because it's out now.

Lucid is selling them now?
Yes but in limited quantity for now. Dream Edition owners got an email to purchase a few days ago.

Back