LUCID EV Home charger installation quotes pricey?

ncodec

Cars
Grand air
I understand that everyone has different setups.

I am getting quotes for EV level 2 LUCID home charger installs in South Carolina. These have been ranging $2000 to $2700. Unless I am living under a rock, my jaw has dropped every time I see these quotes.

There are many electricians in our area, and the above quotes came from the highest reputable ones who advertise plenty of home EV charger installs. One came from QMERIT contracted which was the highest at #2700....

Am I missing anything?

Specifics House is <3 years built 100Amp breaker for 80 amp charger setup... placement in the garage, which is one floor above the circuit panel. No complication setup (from my understanding)
So far we have 2 xpanels set up for 200 amp each, with space definitely to create the hookup... any experience would be appreciated.

I had 100 amp service before I had a charger installed and it was about $3k to replace the panel and hook up the charger (I paid for the charger separately). If they have to replace a panel and upgrade your service that sounds like a fair quote. If its just hardwiring a charger or installing a 14-50 that sounds like too much.

I’m in the Dallas area. Got quotes for $1000 for install of lucid charger on 100A breaker. Charger would be a couple feet from panel.

Ended up going with a cheaper lower power charger though since the lucid charger was more power than I would ever need, and I don’t trust lucid to ever really implement the bidirectional.

I used QMerit and would not bother again. Top dollar and they sent an electrician with no Lucid charger experience. In my case it was a simple swap of a Tesla for a Lucid charger. Any competent electrician with level 2 experience could have done the job. The electrician also did not know how to connect the Lucid charger to the internet, not that the Lucid charger has any internet functionality. Also the cable on the Lucid wall charger in very stiff compared to others so maneuvering it is not easy. I would check out the Enphase chargers. Quality company. A reasonable run of 40 feet from a panel for a 50 amp circuit and wall charger installation should cost no mote than $1000.

Seattle Metro. Panel inside garage with adequate space. Installed 2 wallboxes on a single 60A circuit on opposite walls and it cost 1800 excluding the EVSEs.

The wallboxes allow load sharing so you can use just one breaker. Not sure the lucid EVSE does or not.

I understand that everyone has different setups.

I am getting quotes for EV level 2 LUCID home charger installs in South Carolina. These have been ranging $2000 to $2700. Unless I am living under a rock, my jaw has dropped every time I see these quotes.

There are many electricians in our area, and the above quotes came from the highest reputable ones who advertise plenty of home EV charger installs. One came from QMERIT contracted which was the highest at #2700....

Am I missing anything?

Specifics House is <3 years built 100Amp breaker for 80 amp charger setup... placement in the garage, which is one floor above the circuit panel. No complication setup (from my understanding)
So far we have 2 xpanels set up for 200 amp each, with space definitely to create the hookup... any experience would be appreciated.
I had the Lucid charger installed by a local electrician for about $1,500. The anel is about 6 feet from the charger. The quote from the "recommended" installer, QMerit, was $3k+. I suppose someone may be getting a piece of the action from QMerit which drives up the price. Shop local. You'll save a ton.

I had the Lucid charger installed by a local electrician for about $1,500. The anel is about 6 feet from the charger. The quote from the "recommended" installer, QMerit, was $3k+. I suppose someone may be getting a piece of the action from QMerit which drives up the price. Shop local. You'll save a ton.
P.S. As costs are dependent upon location, I meant to add I live in DE near Lewes. Hope this helps.

My installation was $2400. That was from an HVAC company that also does electrical work.

I involved a lot of wire, as my panel (2x200 amp) was as far from the garage as it could be while still being inside the house.

But mine was for a 60-amp circuit. I didn't have the Lucid yet. Didn't know there were home chargers capable of 80 amps, else I would have opted for wiring that could handle that.

I used QMerit and would not bother again. Top dollar and they sent an electrician with no Lucid charger experience. In my case it was a simple swap of a Tesla for a Lucid charger. Any competent electrician with level 2 experience could have done the job. The electrician also did not know how to connect the Lucid charger to the internet, not that the Lucid charger has any internet functionality. Also the cable on the Lucid wall charger in very stiff compared to others so maneuvering it is not easy. I would check out the Enphase chargers. Quality company. A reasonable run of 40 feet from a panel for a 50 amp circuit and wall charger installation should cost no mote than $1000.
Hi, @jhellow. Thank you for sharing your experience. I just sent you a DM.

I am in the Orlando, Florida area and got mine done for $600. I bought the 100 Amp breaker, the electrician supplied the other materials. Works great. If anyone in the Orlando needs a good electrician, message me.

Back