Valet Parking - My Periodic Plea

Uff-da

Cars
GT, Silver, Mojave, 21"
DE Number
Yep. It's time, once again, for my occasional snivel about the lack of true valet mode in the car. Nothing fancy. Tap the valet icon somewhere on the screen, enter a one time 4 digit pin, and the frunk and glovebox are locked out. Get back in, enter the pin, and back to normal. The other bells and whistles that get mentioned - speed limiting, geofencing, etc. - would be fine, but I just want my stuff locked up when I fork over the fob. Oh, and for semantic's sake, please stop referring to the emergency card - or whatever its official name is - as a valet card. It isn''t.

Yep. It's time, once again, for my occasional snivel about the lack of true valet mode in the car. Nothing fancy. Tap the valet icon somewhere on the screen, enter a one time 4 digit pin, and the frunk and glovebox are locked out. Get back in, enter the pin, and back to normal. The other bells and whistles that get mentioned - speed limiting, geofencing, etc. - would be fine, but I just want my stuff locked up when I fork over the fob. Oh, and for semantic's sake, please stop referring to the emergency card - or whatever its official name is - as a valet card. It isn''t.
Agreed, I think owners have come to refer to it as a key card and not the valet card now 😁

The only time I use the fob is for a valet.

Back