Valet parking Lucid Air Touring

Pbanat

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I have a 2023 Air Touring and took it into New York City for the first time today. I backed the key fob to the attendant in the parking garage and he could not drive without the pin. I use my mobile phone as my normal key.

My assumption was that just by having the fob he could park the car. Do I need to create a setting or did I need to click the fob before giving it to the attendant?

I’ve seen comments about the card but not the fob for valet parking.

Thanks in advance.

The fob should absolutely work without the PIN. If it doesn’t, you should talk to service and ensure it is registered to your car.

The only exception is if it’s in the cup holder, which is a known dead zone. (Not ideal, I know)

I have a 2023 Air Touring and took it into New York City for the first time today. I backed the key fob to the attendant in the parking garage and he could not drive without the pin. I use my mobile phone as my normal key.

My assumption was that just by having the fob he could park the car. Do I need to create a setting or did I need to click the fob before giving it to the attendant?

I’ve seen comments about the card but not the fob for valet parking.

Thanks in advance.
consider disabling the pin to drive when you use a valet to park the car

Does the credit card looking key thing not just let valets drive it at a restricted speed?

I valet my car all the time and give them the fob. I never have to do the pin.

I've put mine on a lanyard and told the valets and detailers to wear it when they're opening or moving the car. That makes sure it's in the sweet zone for reception.

I hope you don't mind me tagging on a related question. On those (not all that rare) times when the doors will not unlock seamlessly from the app running in the background, I will fire the app up, wake the car, and open the doors. Whenever I do that, I find that I have to enter the code to get the car going. Is that to be expected? I wouldn't have thought so.

I hope you don't mind me tagging on a related question. On those (not all that rare) times when the doors will not unlock seamlessly from the app running in the background, I will fire the app up, wake the car, and open the doors. Whenever I do that, I find that I have to enter the code to get the car going. Is that to be expected? I wouldn't have thought so.
Sounds like mobile key needs to be re-paired. Did you by chance close the Lucid app on your phone when you got into the car?

Sounds like mobile key needs to be re-paired. Did you by chance close the Lucid app on your phone when you got into the car?
No. When I got home, I locked the car with the app and restarted the phone. The next time I walked up to the car, it worked just fine. It's always a little 'iffy', and seems hell bent on messing me up if I'm trying to show off how it works.

There's quite a spread of experiences with the mobile key. @Bobby has a few videos that explore this at lucidupdates.com

No. When I got home, I locked the car with the app and restarted the phone. The next time I walked up to the car, it worked just fine. It's always a little 'iffy', and seems hell bent on messing me up if I'm trying to show off how it works.
iOS or Android?

If iOS, make sure the settings for the Lucid app are set to:
"Allow Location Access" : "Always"

and ensure that "Precise Location" is turned on.

Does the credit card looking key thing not just let valets drive it at a restricted speed?
No. The keycard allows someone to unlock the car by holding it against the B pillar, and then allows someone to drive the car without a PIN by holding it against the microphone array at the center of the car, just above the driver's head.

It does not have any additional restrictions like reduced speed or preventing the glovebox from opening.

Yes, I also think that's lame. :p

No. The keycard allows someone to unlock the car by holding it against the B pillar, and then allows someone to drive the car without a PIN by holding it against the microphone array at the center of the car, just above the driver's head.

It does not have any additional restrictions like reduced speed or preventing the glovebox from opening.

Yes, I also think that's lame. :p
Interesting and good to know. Haven't had to valet anywhere yet and feels like I probably won't.

iOS or Android?

If iOS, make sure the settings for the Lucid app are set to:
"Allow Location Access" : "Always"

and ensure that "Precise Location" is turned on.
Android. System and apps updated. Location on, and set to run in the background. I would say it works about 70% of the time. It's always a bit of an adventure walking up to the car and wondering whether or not the app is in a cooperative mood.

Interesting and good to know. Haven't had to valet anywhere yet and feels like I probably won't.
You can, just use the fob. That's what I (and everyone else) does. The fob works just the same as any other key for any other car; this 'enter PIN to drive' thing is the exception, and I've never had it happen to any valet the half dozen times or so I've done it.

I strongly suspect the issue here was either the fob in the cupholder (which I agree is dumb) or that the fob needs to be re-paired with the car by service.

Android. System and apps updated. Location on, and set to run in the background. I would say it works about 70% of the time. It's always a bit of an adventure walking up to the car and wondering whether or not the app is in a cooperative mood.
Ah - I leave you in the capable hands of @hydbob and/or other Android peeps. I have absolutely no idea how to slay that particular dragon. :)

If you do, take the fob. Some people have suggested to hide the fob somewhere in the car with the battery out. That way if you get to a valet and you have forgotten it, you are good. I would never do that, though!

You actually need to set the app to be locked in the foreground. Open the Lucid app, then go to the recent apps button, and click on the Lucid Logo and select lock.

Back