Valet parking Lucid Air Touring

I wonder if I'm alone in this... I just cannot get comfortable with the idea of having this vehicle parked by someone who is unfamiliar with it. Between its 'hard to judge' dimensions, and being too low for most concrete parking spot barriers, I think I would be a nervous wreck. We stayed in a nice Colorado Springs hotel recently, and they had valet parking only, so I made alternate arrangements. It's not like I feared them jumping in, hitting the road, and launching it a few times ala 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'... or... on second thought... Maybe it's that too!

Whenever I see a post about valet parking, I can't help but inject my two cents worth of complaint. As long as the valet can, with the fob, rummage through my frunk and glovebox, it's not really valet parking. I keep a lot of stuff in both. Simple solution: Touch a valet icon on the screen, enter a one time four digit code, and the frunk and glovebox lock. When you get the car back, reenter the code and they unlock. No muss, no fuss. Yeah, I know, I'm such a dreamer.
FWIW: tesla has a valet mode that is easily accessed in it's control panel, maybe the lucid code monkeys can implement this

I wonder if I'm alone in this... I just cannot get comfortable with the idea of having this vehicle parked by someone who is unfamiliar with it. Between its 'hard to judge' dimensions, and being too low for most concrete parking spot barriers, I think I would be a nervous wreck. We stayed in a nice Colorado Springs hotel recently, and they had valet parking only, so I made alternate arrangements. It's not like I feared them jumping in, hitting the road, and launching it a few times ala 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'... or... on second thought... Maybe it's that too!
With the 360 cam I have no problem. Without it, I wouldn’t valet.

Whenever I see a post about valet parking, I can't help but inject my two cents worth of complaint. As long as the valet can, with the fob, rummage through my frunk and glovebox, it's not really valet parking. I keep a lot of stuff in both. Simple solution: Touch a valet icon on the screen, enter a one time four digit code, and the frunk and glovebox lock. When you get the car back, reenter the code and they unlock. No muss, no fuss. Yeah, I know, I'm such a dreamer.
Yes, I 100% agree with you. There are many small software additions that it seems like Lucid could make but has not. To me this is the Achilles heel of the car. I am disappointed with progress on the owner – defined wish list.

With the 360 cam I have no problem. Without it, I wouldn’t valet.
The 360 cam makes me feel better about everything but the low-slung issues. It never occurred to me that the front is so low that the standard parking spot front barriers are too tall, so I learned that the hard way. Fortunately, I was going really slow. As a sidebar, I find it interesting how often I have to leave the car's rear end sticking out a bit more than the surrounding vehicles. I'm glad it's not longer!

The 360 cam makes me feel better about everything but the low-slung issues. It never occurred to me that the front is so low that the standard parking spot front barriers are too tall, so I learned that the hard way. Fortunately, I was going really slow. As a sidebar, I find it interesting how often I have to leave the car's rear end sticking out a bit more than the surrounding vehicles. I'm glad it's not longer!
Yeah, this took me time to learn as well. The two things I don’t like about the car:

1) the tearable front air dams that fall off if you breathe on them too hard

2) the turning radius; this is a consequence of the very long wheelbase (which provides a ton of other benefits) but it’s one thing that makes the car feel a lot bigger than it is.

The fob should absolutely work without the PIN. If it doesn’t, you should talk to service and ensure it is registered to your car.

The only exception is if it’s in the cup holder, which is a known dead zone. (Not ideal, I know)
Actually, I think it was brilliant of Lucid to create a dead zone in the cup holder. Whenever I picked up my BMWs after service, the key fob was always left in the cup holder. By making it a dead zone Lucid has created a safe spot for the fob. Kudos to Lucid.

Back