Valet Parking

Uff-da

Cars
GT, Silver, Mojave, 21"
DE Number
I eat out a lot, and, if available, always use valet parking. Well, I did before I got my Lucid. I really like the car, but the "valet" requirements stink. Having to fork over what I think of as the emergency card and explain its use and give my pin # is just too complicated. It could be so much easier. My old Ford Fusion, with a touch screen, had an excellent system which would work well in the Lucid. When pulling up to valet parking, I would touch the valet button, enter any 4 digit pin (not connected in any way to the master pin for the car), the trunk woiuld lock, and I'd hand my fob to the valet. When I got the car back, I'd enter that 4 digit pin to unlock the trunk. No muss, no fuss. With the Lucid, the frunk and glove box could be controlled the same way. I believe this would be a fairly simple software addition. For future vehicles, if the trunk pass through had an electronic lock, like the glove box does, it and the trunk could be added.

Just FYI - I haven't tested this personally, but I think you can hold the card up to the "Y" shaped mic array in the center pillar (just above and to the right of your head) to drive without needing the PIN.
I’m just always afraid of explaining this all to one valet and having a different valet come onto duty and have no idea how to move the car. At this point, just give him a fob and make sure you trust them.

I’m just always afraid of explaining this all to one valet and having a different valet come onto duty and have no idea how to move the car. At this point, just give him a fob and make sure you trust them.
I completely agree, Bobby, except for the trusting part. I've heard too many stories of missing items. As Staff, perhaps you could pass my solution along to management/the coders/whoever can make valet parking viable.

Just FYI - I haven't tested this personally, but I think you can hold the card up to the "Y" shaped mic array in the center pillar (just above and to the right of your head) to drive without needing the PIN.
The card just gets you into the vehicle. You then have to enter your master pin to drive it. Thanks for the reply, though.

The card just gets you into the vehicle. You then have to enter your master pin to drive it. Thanks for the reply, though.
Actually, if you place the card on the "Y" above your head (& center) .. see photo, you don't need a pin, you'll be able to drive the car w/o FOB or phone.
IMG_6232.jpegIMG_6235.jpeg

That said, IMO, the card is NOT a Valet card. It doesn't prevent anyone from opening the glovebox, trunk, or frunk.

If you haven't seen the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off I strongly suggest you watch it. Besides being a very funny movie it will convince you as it did me to NEVER USE VALET PARKING!!!

Although it's cool to know I can start the car using the mid-ceiling sensor, we've veered from my original desire for true valet parking, which for my needs just means a way to lock the frunk and glovebox and not have to use the emergency card. I'm such a dreamer.

Although it's cool to know I can start the car using the mid-ceiling sensor, we've veered from my original desire for true valet parking, which for my needs just means a way to lock the frunk and glovebox and not have to use the emergency card. I'm such a dreamer.
Understood. Just thought I'd let folks know that w/ just-the-card you can drive the car (didn't want people to have a false sense of security).

That said, you are not alone. There are a number of posts in this forum of people (including myself) that have asked for "True" Valet mode (including the obvious lockouts and other valet-mode functionality like geo-fencing, speed-limiting, phone alerts, camera/speed recording, etc.); hopefully a Valet-mode enhancement will come w/ one of the future OTA updates.

I completely agree, Bobby, except for the trusting part. I've heard too many stories of missing items. As Staff, perhaps you could pass my solution along to management/the coders/whoever can make valet parking viable.
I am only staff on this website. Lucid really doesn’t listen to me any better than my wife does. That said, I would be happy to add this to the software wish list. You can view this list at www.lucidupdates.com

Bobby, I just checked out the wishlist. Since it’s so short, I’m sure they’ll get right on my desire.

I eat out a lot, and, if available, always use valet parking. Well, I did before I got my Lucid. I really like the car, but the "valet" requirements stink. Having to fork over what I think of as the emergency card and explain its use and give my pin # is just too complicated. It could be so much easier. My old Ford Fusion, with a touch screen, had an excellent system which would work well in the Lucid. When pulling up to valet parking, I would touch the valet button, enter any 4 digit pin (not connected in any way to the master pin for the car), the trunk woiuld lock, and I'd hand my fob to the valet. When I got the car back, I'd enter that 4 digit pin to unlock the trunk. No muss, no fuss. With the Lucid, the frunk and glove box could be controlled the same way. I believe this would be a fairly simple software addition. For future vehicles, if the trunk pass through had an electronic lock, like the glove box does, it and the trunk could be added.
Yes, I'm replying to myself. It's been a couple of months now, and there still seems to be no buzz about my pet peeve, the lack of any reasonable valet parking mode. I guess I'm just trying to keep the pot somewhat stirred.

I never valet my vehicle, even if In-N-Out or Raising Canes were to offer that service, I still wouldn’t use it. 😂 I always park out in no-man’s-land where possible.

Yes, I'm replying to myself. It's been a couple of months now, and there still seems to be no buzz about my pet peeve, the lack of any reasonable valet parking mode. I guess I'm just trying to keep the pot somewhat stirred.
Forget the card and PIN which is silly. Just bring your fob (the only good use for it). A true valet mode has been on the wishlist for a while now but in the poll it was much lower than many other items.

Forgive me if this has already been documented: I did notice, when playing with the valet card, that the last five digits of my VIN served as a PIN to unlock the car using the card. (still not a 'proper' valet mode though)

Forgive me if this has already been documented: I did notice, when playing with the valet card, that the last five digits of my VIN served as a PIN to unlock the car using the card. (still not a 'proper' valet mode though)
You can just hold the card near the microphone on the ceiling to bypass the PIN.

I never valet my vehicle, even if In-N-Out or Raising Canes were to offer that service, I still wouldn’t use it. 😂 I always park out in no-man’s-land where possible.
I kinda hear where you're coming from, Tim-in-CA, but personally, I park in the slot closest to where I'm going, and would always valet if the system had a real one. Bottom line for me - it's a great car, but still just a car, and I have insurance.
Forget the card and PIN which is silly. Just bring your fob (the only good use for it). A true valet mode has been on the wishlist for a while now but in the poll it was much lower than many other items.
Who can I buy to stuff the poll?

Back