• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Two Questions.

rlhyde

Cars
2022 White Lucid Air GT
1) The Tesla's are able to record onto media while traveling. So if you have an accident the accident is recorded. Does the Lucid Air do this?

2) The Tesla's are able to record the cars surrounding while the car is parked. Tesla calls this "Sentry Mode". That way if someone bumps the car, scratches it with a key, etc, the perpetrator is on video. Does the Lucid Air do this as well?

No and no.

But with array of hardware surrounding this car. The are working on plumbing of software to get this car straight. I’m very certain many software enhancement to existing hardware will be down the road.

No and no.

But with array of hardware surrounding this car. The are working on plumbing of software to get this car straight. I’m very certain many software enhancement to existing hardware will be down the road.
Lucid is big on future promises. I wonder if we can promise to pay them in the future as well?

Well, Lucid never promised Sentry mode or Dashcam mode. They just know it's a very highly requested feature.

Lucid is big on future promises. I wonder if we can promise to pay them in the future as well?
Tesla software is not exactly mature but it is very mature compared to Lucid. On the other hand, not only is the technology relatively new, but Lucid is a brand new company. Even companies like Audi and Porsche are struggling with the software.

If one doesn't want to live under software promises, go to Tesla. It has promises but not as many. I think BMW's software is more mature (balanced out by the ugliest cars on the market).

Personally, I am prepared to wait for my Pure.

Back