Can the LUCID cameras record?

Grateful Ed

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
A while back, I remember seeing somewhere on social media that a Tesla owner came out of a store and noticed that someone had keyed his car. Thankfully, the Tesla owner was able to access the cameras which recorded the idiot keying his car, and ultimately was able to identify him (was a business owner wearing a shirt with his business name on it). Thankfully, I haven’t been the victim of any vandalism on my Lucy, but I was wondering if the LUCIDS would have some sort of similar capability. Any thoughts?

Not yet. No reason they couldn't with further software development, if Lucid chose to.

Lucid Engineer I talked to yesterday mentioned this feature is coming “very soon”. It was the top item on my wishlist I was telling him.
That is excellent news. Thanks for sharing.

i was at a red light today and a guy in a Ford Escape or something like that drove through the intersection, looked at me and flipped me the bird for no apparent reason. It just reminded me that there is still some resentment/jealousy/whatever from some knuckleheads out there towards luxury EV owners for whatever reason. Those same clowns are the type that would key a Lucid or Tesla.

That is excellent news. Thanks for sharing.

i was at a red light today and a guy in a Ford Escape or something like that drove through the intersection, looked at me and flipped me the bird for no apparent reason. It just reminded me that there is still some resentment/jealousy/whatever from some knuckleheads out there towards luxury EV owners for whatever reason. Those same clowns are the type that would key a Lucid or Tesla.
Yes...and some of them are hotheads ready to explode at a moments notice. Remember Michael Conrad"s advice in Hill Street Blues: Lets be careful out there.

A security camera feature comes in very handy. When someone drunkenly doored my new Rivian this summer, I sent them a clip of the event and they “graciously“ offered to help with the repair costs. My AGT getting doored would necessitate a few therapy sessions at least. Choosing just the right parking space has become a preoccupation…

I probably posted this previously, but the Tesla Dashcam functionality saved my bacon. I bought a new Model S in September of 2020. In December of that same year, a guy ran a red light and hit me totaling the car. His insurance disputed the cause until I sent them the dashcam footage. This feature can't arrive soon enough for me.

Theyve always said "coming soon". It's been a while already!
I don't believe that its every been verified that anyone actually from Lucid has EVER said that this is coming soon.

Not sure why people in this thread have not installed their own for $200 and 30 minutes of time, seems like a no brainer to put one in while we all wait.

Not sure why people in this thread have not installed their own for $200 and 30 minutes of time, seems like a no brainer to put one in while we all wait.
I did buy yesterday and will install today. The cam on my mazda was stolen so I need another anyway.

But also I didn't expect it would take this long for Lucid to add this feature

Watch.. the update will come in a week now that I've decided to install a dashcam.
Thank you for making the sacrifice so that we may all benefit ;)

Back