qjknoten

Verified Owner
Greetings Lucid Owners~
I want to say hello to other Lucid owners. I am new to the Lucid family. I purchased a 2023 Lucid Air Touring 3rd party at the beginning of February. I was not aware of the hardship I'd face purchasing 3rd party. Transferring ownership took seven emails and approximately five phone calls. The security measures are appreciated however; the backlash by the sales and a few customer service representatives for purchasing the car 3rd party has been unrelenting. I've been told that the app for Lucid shows your vehicle, upgrade options, and allows you to see your VIN. I'm told that because I purchased 3rd party and I'm not the original owner I do not have access to the complete features in the app. I reached out to sales where I learned that the dream drive premium/dream drive pro was on a trial on my vehicle with the first owner, the first owner did not elect to retain the feature so the feature was disabled. I contacted sales to inquire about my options of enabling the features that is equipped on the Touring Trim. I was told because I am not the original owner and I am not able to purchase any upgradeable options. My frustration has peaked with Lucid as there are other vehicle options that are equipped with camera and driving safety features that come standard. I did not expect to be treated this way for purchasing a Lucid 3rd party. I asked Lucid representatives; "is there a buy back program" their response...No. I specifically purchased this vehicle for the safety rating, camera assistance, and overall a better battery for EV's. There have been no disclosures from Lucid that first and only the original owner has the right to add or make changes to upgradeable options. Furthermore, there are no disclosures about the the owner app for the second owner to be incomplete of information and less than what the original owner has access too. I am posting in this forum to ask other Lucid owners has anyone experienced these issues? Are there any Lucid owners currently attempting to sell their Lucid and have preemptively reached out to Lucid to ensure a secondary owner transfer to be seamless?

Something does not sound right about what you are being told. We have a handful of second owners here on the forum that will chime in. You may want to search for second owner using the search function.

I am a used GT owner and all it took me a single email to Lucid Support asking to provide app access to me. They asked me couple of docs like, my Lucid account Purchase agreement and Bill of sale. They said it will take a day to two and i got vehicle added to my account with in hours.

I have all the access to vehicle and there is no restrictions to me. I am able to schedule services and get things fixed as an owner under warranty. I even have the free EA charging active. The only thing i am missing compared to new car owner is Referral code and Lucid is aware and working on it.

Support email: [email protected]

Something does not sound right about what you are being told. We have a handful of second owners here on the forum that will chime in. You may want to search for second owner using the search function.
Hi
I have had several phone calls, a slew of phone calls to customer service representatives, and including the Local Lucid representative. I have gained zero traction. Are you able to assist? I have a lot of emails I am happy to upload.

I had a similar experience as @sri. One email with a few docs (bill of sale, temp registration, and DL copy if I recall correctly) and within the next day all was setup for me.

Sounds like something @mcr16 can help with. This is definitely not normal.

I am a used GT owner and all it took me a single email to Lucid Support asking to provide app access to me. They asked me couple of docs like, my Lucid account Purchase agreement and Bill of sale. They said it will take a day to two and i got vehicle added to my account with in hours.

I have all the access to vehicle and there is no restrictions to me. I am able to schedule services and get things fixed as an owner under warranty. I even have the free EA charging active. The only thing i am missing compared to new car owner is Referral code and Lucid is aware and working on it.

Support email: [email protected]
Thank you Sri
I emailed the bill of sale, the lien holder information etc. My car is currently with Lucid for the annual maintenance. My app does not have my VIN. I am not able to upgrade to dream drive premium or pro. Are you able to upgrade or add in your app?

Greetings Lucid Owners~
I want to say hello to other Lucid owners. I am new to the Lucid family. I purchased a 2023 Lucid Air Touring 3rd party at the beginning of February. I was not aware of the hardship I'd face purchasing 3rd party. Transferring ownership took seven emails and approximately five phone calls. The security measures are appreciated however; the backlash by the sales and a few customer service representatives for purchasing the car 3rd party has been unrelenting. I've been told that the app for Lucid shows your vehicle, upgrade options, and allows you to see your VIN. I'm told that because I purchased 3rd party and I'm not the original owner I do not have access to the complete features in the app. I reached out to sales where I learned that the dream drive premium/dream drive pro was on a trial on my vehicle with the first owner, the first owner did not elect to retain the feature so the feature was disabled. I contacted sales to inquire about my options of enabling the features that is equipped on the Touring Trim. I was told because I am not the original owner and I am not able to purchase any upgradeable options. My frustration has peaked with Lucid as there are other vehicle options that are equipped with camera and driving safety features that come standard. I did not expect to be treated this way for purchasing a Lucid 3rd party. I asked Lucid representatives; "is there a buy back program" their response...No. I specifically purchased this vehicle for the safety rating, camera assistance, and overall a better battery for EV's. There have been no disclosures from Lucid that first and only the original owner has the right to add or make changes to upgradeable options. Furthermore, there are no disclosures about the the owner app for the second owner to be incomplete of information and less than what the original owner has access too. I am posting in this forum to ask other Lucid owners has anyone experienced these issues? Are there any Lucid owners currently attempting to sell their Lucid and have preemptively reached out to Lucid to ensure a secondary owner transfer to be seamless?
Hi, @qjknoten. I just sent you a direct message.

Back